Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My WR Roster Prediction... and some comments on why! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#15 : May 10, 2008, 05:58:55 PM

I think we'll keep 6 and those 6 will be Galloway, Hilliard, Clayton, Stovall, Bryant, and Jackson.

The only way I thought we would see Hilliard gone is if we added a WR through free agency or drafted one high with intentions of him starting at WR.  The Bucs have no intentions of Dex playing even slot.  The guy will be a kick-returner this year, therefore I see Hilliard making the team.  Paris Warren had a good pre-season and is a former 7th round pick.  Of course we always want to get our TJ Housh's and Marques Colsten's in the 7th round, but the fact is, Paris Warren and Chad Lucas have a shot to make the team, but very slim shots...

Galloway will be the #1 as usual.  Followed by the same situation we had last year.  The Bucs will try a rotation like they intended at the beg. of last season with Boston, Stovall, Clayton, and Hilliard.  Insert Bryant with Boston, and you got yourself the same situation as last season.  Bryant has been a decent WR in this league, but lets not forget hes been out of the league for a year and Stovall and Clayton are still young enough to get their careers started.

Well see, but those are the 6 that I am 95% sure will make the team.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#16 : May 10, 2008, 06:22:37 PM

No way they go without Hilliard.  He is our only reliable go to guy, and hoping other players will simply step up would be a huge mistake.

JC510

Practice Squad

#17 : May 10, 2008, 06:22:46 PM

Galloway
Hilliard
Clayton
Stovall
Jackson

Just 5, in my opinion.

Stovall needs more playing time.

#18 : May 10, 2008, 06:51:10 PM

I think the only way Paris sticks around is if they PUP that ankle.

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#19 : May 10, 2008, 07:06:11 PM

They COULD keep 6 wrs and 1 KR in Jackson, and wind up keeping Warren.

But I don't think that will happen.

.....just my opinion

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#20 : May 10, 2008, 07:10:38 PM

Stovall #3... a guy that hasnt shown anything at WR.

#21 : May 10, 2008, 07:15:00 PM

They COULD keep 6 wrs and 1 KR in Jackson, and wind up keeping Warren.

But I don't think that will happen.

Makes it hard with 4 QBs.

If Zuttah develops, they may get away with keeping 7 o-lineman, but that's probably down the road some.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#22 : May 10, 2008, 07:22:13 PM

JC510 has a point.  Many have Bryant slated to start, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he ended up like David Boston.  I value Bryant a little more than I did Boston, but I wouldn't be shocked if he was released.

I never figured that after Gruden and Garcia pleaded for playmakers after the Giants playoff loss that we'd go into the season with the same skilled position players.  Unless, of course, they thinK Warrick Dunn is the savior.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#23 : May 10, 2008, 07:41:12 PM

Stovall #3... a guy that hasnt shown anything at WR.

its in no particular order.

gump

Starter

#24 : May 10, 2008, 08:23:38 PM

Is Clayton the clear #2 over Stovall?

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#25 : May 10, 2008, 08:33:53 PM

please read the post right above yours?

#26 : May 10, 2008, 08:58:10 PM

2. Michael Clayton - Real good on special teams and gruden uses him his own way... also has potential

3. Maurice Stovall - great special teams player.... has potential and imo should be seeing more time this year.

Sad!!!

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#27 : May 10, 2008, 09:00:43 PM

2. Michael Clayton - Real good on special teams and gruden uses him his own way... also has potential

3. Maurice Stovall - great special teams player.... has potential and imo should be seeing more time this year.

Sad!!!

YEP!

Very scary that the best thing you can say about our number two and three is:  special teams and potential.   >:(  That translates to: not really good enough to justify a starting spot as a WR.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#28 : May 10, 2008, 09:04:47 PM

Sad!!!

hahaha i know..... lmao

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#29 : May 10, 2008, 09:07:23 PM

Â   Seems unlikely our #2 receiver from last year would just get cut.
 Â   We could stash Warren somewhere like IR to hang onto him, or he'll beat out Bryant for a spot. Bryant had talent, but is his head really straight??
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My WR Roster Prediction... and some comments on why! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools