Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My WR Roster Prediction... and some comments on why! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer

#30 : May 10, 2008, 09:09:18 PM

Seems unlikely our #2 receiver from last year would just get cut.
    We could stash Warren somewhere like IR to hang onto him, or he'll beat out Bryant for a spot. Bryant had talent, but is his head really straight??

great take.  that sounds about right.

bryant is no lock, but i think of warren as a lock.  and i think of hilliard of a lock but couldnt see him and warren there.  maybe warren will be a great special teams player this year and bryant wont even make the cut.

who knows?
its all speculation now.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer

#31 : May 10, 2008, 09:09:51 PM

i will edit out bryant and put hilliard

gump

Starter

#32 : May 10, 2008, 09:15:40 PM

Regarding Clayton, there aren't many WR in the league 25 yrs old or younger with a 1K-yard season under their belt.  I HAVE to believe that if he is healthy he has potential to be at least a solid #2 WR in the NFL.

Question is...is he healthy?  And if so, how long will we wait?

#33 : May 10, 2008, 09:28:32 PM

There goes that dreaded "P" word again. I once heard Sapp say "potential means you haven't done sh*t" and i agree whole-heartedly.

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#34 : May 10, 2008, 09:51:51 PM

But in Clayton's case, he HAS done sh*t!

.....just my opinion

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#35 : May 10, 2008, 10:12:44 PM

People sleep on Ike too much. I understand he is in his 30s and isn't a flashy player like Joey, but that doesn't mean a consistent and reliable starter like him should be thrown to the wayside for a late 7th round pick who had one solid pre-season. Warren seems to get a little over-hyped by people. I like Stovall too, but he and especially Clayton haven't done enough in their PT to come CLOSE to unseating Ike as the #2. I'd have Bryant as the #3 after Joey and Ike, Stovall as 4, and Clayton and Warren fighting it out to stay on the roster. Unless Clayton actually shows up to play for the first time in 4 years.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#36 : May 10, 2008, 11:16:11 PM

1. Joey Galloway  - We know hes made the team

2. Michael Clayton - Real good on special teams and gruden uses him his own way... also has potential

3. Maurice Stovall - great special teams player.... has potential and imo should be seeing more time this year.

4. Paris Warren - the shocker!  i think he will get picked off our Practice squad if we move him down, he has to much talent to release, and hes been training to take over for hilliard. this is his year.

5. Dexter Jackson - Special teams player and can be used a lil bit at WR

6. Antonio Bryant - Its not if he can reutrn to form, hes in form, its if he can stay out of trouble, and i think that is a yes.

i really dont think we should put paris warren down on the practie squad because he will get plucked off by another team... same thing with josh johnson.  and paris warren has too much potential to be released.  hilliard is on the downside of his career, slow, and overall, doesnt have good seperation or explosion.  he is great for thrid downs, but gruden has been training warren for his hilliard type guy.

your roster prediction?

Paris Warren is not eligible for the Practice Squad. He wasn't eligible last season for the Practice Squad.

I doubt that Warren makes the team over Hilliard.  The Bucs are not going to cut the one guy on the squad who's proven he can catch the ball consistently for a guy who's done next to nothing in the league. Warren may make the roster but it won't be at the expense of Hilliard. If he has any shot....it's over Clayton or Stovall. Since both of those guys are very good STers, Warren's road is going to be even tougher.

if anything we will have 7 WR's IMO.

but 4 QB's and 7 WR's seems to be a crazy way to fill 11/53

With Jackson a returner there's little reason to keep 7.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

kmitchell

Starter

#37 : May 11, 2008, 12:45:04 AM

Here is my guess of what the depth chart is going to look like prior to cuts.
Joey Galloway, Ike Hilliard, Antonio Bryant, Michael Clayton, Dexter Jackson, Maurice Stovall, Paris Warren.
I really hope Bryant and Jackson tear it up in training camp and earn the #2 and slot spots.

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#38 : May 11, 2008, 07:40:31 AM

you will see dexter in the slot from time to time and if he hits a few of his slants his time will increase...they didn't take him #2 just to return kicks.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#39 : May 11, 2008, 03:33:52 PM

i think galloway-bryant-clayton-stovall-jackson should be just about locks.  let ike and paris battle it out for 6 or just keep 7.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#40 : May 11, 2008, 03:41:56 PM

Ike is by far the teams 2nd best WR.  It isnt even close.  That is more a statement of the other players on the roster, however. 

Agent Orange

Starter

#41 : May 11, 2008, 04:53:44 PM

Where's Bryant on your list? He's probably the best receiver we have and you didn't include him. I really hope somebody releases a good receiver that we can go after because if this...

Galloway, Bryant, Hilliard, Clayton, Stovall, Jackson, Warren...

we're in BIG trouble imo.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#42 : May 11, 2008, 05:08:17 PM

1. Joey Galloway - He holds onto this spot even with a gimped shoulder

2. Ike Hilliard - I haven't seen anyone capable of dethroning him (except Bryant).

3.  Antonio Bryant - He is simply put a natural WR and will contribute if given a chance.

4. Dexter Jackson - Second round pick that needs some work.

5.  Maurice Stovall - At least contributes on special teams.

The rest of the WR's are on the bubble: Clayton, Lucas, Warren

In my opinion I think Warren takes the final sixth spot.

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

#43 : May 11, 2008, 05:17:54 PM

I think that stovall is also a possible cut in favor of Bryant.  Despite the special teams aspect if Bryant shows well he makes the team.
Unlike many posters I also like Clayton and think he had started to regain his form.. Jackson will take the KR/PR slot  Hilliard is money.
Joey is Joey. so in my mind it is between Sto and warren for the last spot.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#44 : May 11, 2008, 05:25:32 PM

Bucs are not cutting the more productive Stovall to keep Clayton though. In terms of special teams contributions Stovall easily edges out Clayton.

And Bryant is a better WR than Clayton.

Clayton will hit the road.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My WR Roster Prediction... and some comments on why! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools