Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Meeting of 49 superdelegates going on behind closed doors right now. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

TbayBucs

Pro Bowler

#45 : May 10, 2008, 05:21:24 PM

They need to resolve the nomination ASAP. The longer it drags on the more damage it does the Dems.

Good. I hope it does.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#46 : May 11, 2008, 12:08:30 AM

They are going to heal us here in Florida? In Michigan?
Look, don't be angry with Obama if the votes aren't counted - be angry with the state's election officials who decided to break the party's rules on when to hold the primary. Frankly, I don't think they should count simply because it was an unfair advantage for Billary. Obama never had an opportunity to convey his message to the people of Florida. He was an unknown and an underdog. A lot of voters went with what was comfortable for them, names they recognized, namely Clinton.

I'm an independent (I hate both parties equally), thus I couldn't vote in the primaries...but had I believed they were going to count (we all knew well before hand that they weren't), I would have switched my affliation for the primary for the opportunity to vote for Barrack. I also believe that many of the black voters didn't bother for that very same reason. I don't think Barrack would have carried Florida, because at its heart the state is racist and ignorant, but I do believe he would have had a significantly better showing if he would have had the opportunity to campaign here. Charlie Crist screwed Hillary....because if he would have allowed the "re-vote" I think there would have been a lot better chance to have Florida's votes counted.

As for Michigan...come on, how could that be a fair accounting? Barrack wasn't even on the frakking ballot.

Without re-doing the primaries, I don't see how either state can be seated. Their election officials chose to take on the Democratic Party and because of it their voters are disenfranchised. I think every single one of them should lose their jobs.

Put the blame where it belongs.

BTW, if Hillary steals the Nomination I am voting McCain...we may get 4 more years of NeoCon politics, but at least McCain seems to be somewhat honorable. That's not something I'd describe Hillary as...

Also, if Barrack chose Hillary as his running mate, I'll be bitterly dissapointed in him. I don't think it would change my vote in November, but it would definitely give me pause.

Give it up Hill, go back to New York. It's OVER.

There is no excuse for this man sending a lobby to Florida and Michigan to block revotes in these states to comply with DNC rules. The DNC said we should have a revote after Feb 5th to comply.

Cheers, you don't seriously believe Hillary Clinton would give a crap about Michigan and Florida if she wasn't getting her behind kicked do you?

As for Michigan...come on, how could that be a fair accounting? Barrack wasn't even on the frakking ballot.

That's nitpicking now, isn't it?

BTW, if Hillary steals the Nomination I am voting McCain...we may get 4 more years of NeoCon politics, but at least McCain seems to be somewhat honorable.

Do some more research into McCain. He'll say anything to get elected and he has several issues
in his past that point towards unethical behavior. All three do.

Also, if Barrack chose Hillary as his running mate, I'll be bitterly dissapointed in him. I don't think it would change my vote in November, but it would definitely give me pause.

Bitterly disappointed because he knows he needs her to win? It's called being a realist. And it's politics.
Why would you expect anything else from these two parties that you supposedly hate equally?

UFOJoe, I definitely feel you on McCain. I honestly believe the John McCain of 8 yrs ago would have made a tremendous President. I think the last 8 yrs have taken their toll on him. He's not the same guy he once was.

And maybe your right on the Hillary Veep thing...I just think it would be a little hypocritical of him to bring her in when they differ fundementally on so many different things.

I am anti both parties, but I do believe that this election will decide the fate of the country. We've got to get this one right or we are fraked. I gotta admit, I can't remember the last time I've felt this strongly about a candidate as I do about Barrack Obama. Perhaps its just the desire to have something completely different than anything we've had before. Frustration with the old guard. I don't know, but I do know that Hillary on the ticket would stain that for me a little....and she'd be an assasin's bullet away from the Presidency. That's a frightening thought for me.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#47 : May 11, 2008, 01:27:50 AM

UFOJoe, I definitely feel you on McCain. I honestly believe the John McCain of 8 yrs ago would have made a tremendous President. I think the last 8 yrs have taken their toll on him. He's not the same guy he once was.

I somewhat agree. I considered voting for him this time but can't bring myself to do it after watching
and listening to him during the primaries. And even 8 years ago he still had ethics issues.

And maybe your right on the Hillary Veep thing...I just think it would be a little hypocritical of him
to bring her in when they differ fundementally on so many different things.

Really? Such as? The biggest thing I see is he wants mandates on health insurance and she doesn't.
You should try to fund the story I linked to in one of these Obama threads. It tells the story of how
Reagan decided to take Bush Sr. as his Veep. This was after Bush called Reagan's economics
"Voodoo economics," and came out in support of abortion. But when Reagan asked him if he
would support he platform 100% in order to be the VP, Bush said yes, he would.

I am anti both parties, but I do believe that this election will decide the fate of the country.
We've got to get this one right or we are fraked

I agree. And it's not McCain, Obama or Clinton. IMO. But even if we DID elect somebody like Ron
Paul, it wouldn't be enough. BTW, I feel a vote for any of those three is a wasted vote.

We need change throughout the system. No just at president.

I gotta admit, I can't remember the last time I've felt this strongly about a candidate as I
do about Barrack Obama. Perhaps its just the desire to have something completely different
than anything we've had before. Frustration with the old guard. I don't know,

I felt the same way until I started reading articles about Obama and the people around him
that the mainstream press had totally ignored. I purposely avoided that information when
I was supporting Obama. I just didn't want to see it or believe it. Once I DID look at
a lot of it, it was a big relief to know that I wasn't burying my head in the sand. Not that
you're doing that. To me, it was obvious that Obama was just like all of the others: a typical
politician who will do whatever it takes to win. That includes pandering and lying.

but I do know that Hillary on the ticket would stain that for me a little....and she'd be an
assasin's bullet away from the Presidency. That's a frightening thought for me.

The conspiracy theorist in me says that that is exactly why she wants/needs to be the VP.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Meeting of 49 superdelegates going on behind closed doors right now. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools