Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PFW: Johson to be the Bucs "QB of the future" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

: May 11, 2008, 12:22:58 AM

Jon Gruden has built his reputation on the ability to rejuvenate the careers of veteran quarterbacks, such as Rich Gannon in Oakland and now Jeff Garcia in Tampa. The knock against him is that he’s been unable to work his magic on a neophyte. We hear, however, that he’s determined to finally groom a young quarterback, and rookie QB Josh Johnson has been targeted as the one case Gruden finally will crack.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL/NFC/NFC+South/Tampa+Bay/WWHI/2008/wwhi050908.htm

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

#1 : May 11, 2008, 12:32:31 AM

hopefully.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#2 : May 11, 2008, 01:09:28 AM

Gruden certainly has a good foundation to work with: 

#3 : May 11, 2008, 01:22:26 AM

Jon Gruden has built his reputation on the ability to rejuvenate the careers of veteran quarterbacks, such as Rich Gannon in Oakland and now Jeff Garcia in Tampa.

When did Gruden's rejuvenation of Garcia take place?

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#4 : May 11, 2008, 01:25:22 AM

I have to admit I'm excited by the potential this kid brings. I'm not making any predicitons. But such as the case with Simms, and fans who bash Josh before he gets a chance to legitimately prove himself, are an ignorant fools. I have already read Johnson bashing posts, and the draft was only 2 weeks ago. The same fools bashing Johnson are some that would have licked Badkowski's jock strap after the Bengals game Justin Smith gave us. Maybe he is the QB of the future, maybe McCown is. Until these young kids have had enough time to prove to us they can't cut it, the fans should be supportive. Let's face it, in the grand scheme of things Doug Williams was average, but he is hailed by us fans as a hero. That just goes to show you how dismal our QB position has been for 32 years. I will forever stand behind any young QB as being the next "QB of the Buccs future" until we get one, or I die. You knuckleheads should do the same.

PS. Don't force me to make a list of Josh Johnson bashers.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#5 : May 11, 2008, 01:32:38 AM

I have to admit I'm excited by the potential this kid brings. I'm not making any predicitons. But such as the case with Simms, and fans who bash Josh before he gets a chance to legitimately prove himself, are an ignorant fools. I have already read Johnson bashing posts, and the draft was only 2 weeks ago. The same fools bashing Johnson are some that would have licked Badkowski's jock strap after the Bengals game Justin Smith gave us. Maybe he is the QB of the future, maybe McCown is. Until these young kids have had enough time to prove to us they can't cut it, the fans should be supportive. Let's face it, in the grand scheme of things Doug Williams was average, but he is hailed by us fans as a hero. That just goes to show you how dismal our QB position has been for 32 years. I will forever stand behind any young QB as being the next "QB of the Buccs future" until we get one, or I die. You knuckleheads should do the same.

I guess Im a Johnson basher cause I wont jump on his bandwagon after seeing highlight videos. Last time I did that, that player ended up in the AFL. Prove something then Ill praise you until then, your just another body in camp. Guess Im a hater cause I dont think every draft pick tampa drafts automatically are stars because they put on pewter. And with how these two (gruden and allen) have drafted these last few years, I keep any excitement down because more then likely Ill be let down if I get to excited.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#6 : May 11, 2008, 01:41:29 AM

I guess Im a Johnson basher cause I wont jump on his bandwagon after seeing highlight videos. Last time I did that, that player ended up in the AFL. Prove something then Ill praise you until then, your just another body in camp. Guess Im a hater cause I dont think every draft pick tampa drafts automatically are stars because they put on pewter. And with how these two (gruden and allen) have drafted these last few years, I keep any excitement down because more then likely Ill be let down if I get to excited.
No this post doesn't make you a basher...it just points out some horrible reading comprehension. You don't have to be predicting that he will be the next Joe Montana, or make Brady comparisons like the Sadkowski nut huggers did. All you have to do is hope he is the QB of the future. No one's asking for declarations. Being reserved doesn't make you a hater or basher either. Just funny how some people are laughing at other fan's hope, just because he came out of a small school.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#7 : May 11, 2008, 01:50:37 AM

No this post doesn't make you a basher...it just points out some horrible reading comprehension. You don't have to be predicting that he will be the next Joe Montana, or make Brady comparisons like the Sadkowski nut huggers did. All you have to do is hope he is the QB of the future. No one's asking for declarations. Being reserved doesn't make you a hater or basher either. Just funny how some people are laughing at other fan's hope, just because he came out of a small school.
(claps a few times)

I agree.  I am very hopeful that this kids college resume, and his athleticism make him a potential "star" that we can bank on, and start rooting for.  It has been a damned long time since the BUcs have had a stud QB.  Oh wait, has it been ever?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#8 : May 11, 2008, 01:51:16 AM

Just saying I hope he pans out, and rips it up.

This is called being a FAN.  Not a homer.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#9 : May 11, 2008, 01:59:31 AM

We heard a lot of the same about Grads.  I sure as hell hope this is the "one", but I'm not holding my breath, either.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#10 : May 11, 2008, 02:31:25 AM

We heard a lot of the same about Grads. I sure as hell hope this is the "one", but I'm not holding my breath, either.
The difference is after 4 starts, Gradkowski was doing things bad QB's do, not things rookie QB's do. Anyone who still held out hope after the Thanksgiving game was just fooling themself. I didn't need to see another pass from Gradkowski after the Dallas game to know he'd never be worth crap. With Simms, he was being bashed to holy hell after 1 start, and Johnson has been tossed under the bust after 1 rookie camp.

#11 : May 11, 2008, 03:17:00 AM

Gradkowski didnt have an NFL arm, it was easy to see after 20 passes in preseason. It wont take log to seperate the 2.

4bucs

Hall of Famer

#12 : May 11, 2008, 07:18:35 AM

oregonbucfan,couldn't be sour grapes that they chose my guy JJ  over your homie Dixon...by the way did anybody draft him or is he going to Canada.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#13 : May 11, 2008, 08:50:45 AM

Gradkowski didnt have an NFL arm, it was easy to see after 20 passes in preseason. It wont take log to seperate the 2.

Gruden and Hackett must be the biggest morons on the planet then.  How could they scout the kid, pimp him through several camps and pre-season, and then even worse play him.   ::)

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#14 : May 11, 2008, 09:04:56 AM

oregonbucfan,couldn't be sour grapes that they chose my guy JJ  over your homie Dixon...by the way did anybody draft him or is he going to Canada.

Actually, he was selected [Pittsburg] 4 picks before we selected Johnson.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PFW: Johson to be the Bucs "QB of the future" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools