Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PFW: Johson to be the Bucs "QB of the future" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#15 : May 11, 2008, 11:07:36 AM

We hear, however, that he’s determined to finally groom a young quarterback, and rookie QB Josh Johnson has been targeted as the one case Gruden finally will crack.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL/NFC/NFC+South/Tampa+Bay/WWHI/2008/wwhi050908.htm

im pretty sure gruden was determined with gradkowski.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#16 : May 11, 2008, 12:16:51 PM

And remember, Doug Williams was and still is very, very high on Josh.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#17 : May 11, 2008, 12:29:00 PM

First of all we should be rooting for and welcoming all the rookies.  While some have a long road to hoe they all are potential assets to this team.

Abuccs, I do have to dissagree with your "mediocre" view of Doug.  Being a hero shouldn't have to qualify with stats.  We saw what he did on a team with real weapons and a competent offensive line.  It was a good thing he was big, strong, and athletic or they'd be wheeling him around today.  He took a crappy team and threw in his bad stats and led them to within a game of the Super Bowl.  The Bucs had never known that success and took decades to taste it again after he left.  Maybe I have low expectations, but he was a hero in my eyes...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#18 : May 11, 2008, 01:24:27 PM

oregonbucfan,couldn't be sour grapes that they chose my guy JJ over your homie Dixon...by the way did anybody draft him or is he going to Canada.

Actually, he was selected [Pittsburg] 4 picks before we selected Johnson.

Well if we knew that Dixon wasn't going to be there with our 5th rounder, we should have used our 1st on him. Cause talent like that is hard to pass up...4 times.

Pewter Spot

Pro Bowler

#19 : May 11, 2008, 01:46:34 PM

Just saying I hope he pans out, and rips it up.

This is called being a FAN. Not a homer.

I feel the same way B.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#20 : May 11, 2008, 02:36:45 PM

He possibly can be..and that is why I say we keep him around as the 3rd QB just off of potential.  Who knows, maybe Josh Johnson can become the next Daunte Culpepepper(in his prime ofcourse).

But again if he turns out to be another Joe Hamilton or Bruce Gradkowski, than don't worry about it because it was a 5th round pick.

Honestly, 5th round picks include guys like Juliun Jenkins, Greg Peterson, Larry Brackins, Donte Nicholson, etc.  Sure other teams may get some gems, but very rarely do we get a good player in the 5th, so it was low risk for us.  These players, if they even make team, are guys that will be on the team 1, maybe 2 years tops...

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#21 : May 11, 2008, 03:31:30 PM

So he wasn't determined with his other failures?

MBF

Hall of Famer

#22 : May 11, 2008, 03:33:56 PM

The Gradkowski comparison is stupid, Grads didn't have the physical tools Josh has.

Agent Orange

Starter

#23 : May 11, 2008, 04:47:20 PM

Jon Gruden has built his reputation on the ability to rejuvenate the careers of veteran quarterbacks, such as Rich Gannon in Oakland and now Jeff Garcia in Tampa.

When did Gruden's rejuvenation of Garcia take place?

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe by rejuvenation they meant letting him continue to play and lose playoff game?

OverUnder on how fast Gruden ruins Johnson's career is 2 years, I'll take the under!

MBF

Hall of Famer

#24 : May 11, 2008, 04:53:41 PM

Over/Under on how fast we realize you're a troll is 5 minutes, I'll take the under!

MBF

Hall of Famer

#25 : May 11, 2008, 04:54:04 PM

BTW there's no player on the Bucs named Johson.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#26 : May 11, 2008, 05:05:21 PM

BTW there's no player on the Bucs named Johson.

Thank you captain obvious. 8)

#27 : May 11, 2008, 07:36:10 PM

I have to admit I'm excited by the potential this kid brings. I'm not making any predicitons. But such as the case with Simms, and fans who bash Josh before he gets a chance to legitimately prove himself, are an ignorant fools. I have already read Johnson bashing posts, and the draft was only 2 weeks ago. The same fools bashing Johnson are some that would have licked Badkowski's jock strap after the Bengals game Justin Smith gave us. Maybe he is the QB of the future, maybe McCown is. Until these young kids have had enough time to prove to us they can't cut it, the fans should be supportive. Let's face it, in the grand scheme of things Doug Williams was average, but he is hailed by us fans as a hero. That just goes to show you how dismal our QB position has been for 32 years. I will forever stand behind any young QB as being the next "QB of the Buccs future" until we get one, or I die. You knuckleheads should do the same.

PS. Don't force me to make a list of Josh Johnson bashers.

Doug Williams lifted this team out of the hole it was in and into the play-offs...............he will never be forgotten for that. As a former season ticket holder from day one, he wasn't looked at as average by any means. Does this cloud my judgment ? I don't think it does, but then again it was a long time ago. It was a great story man and some of my all time favorites were on those teams.

ps - go ahead and make that list.  :D

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#28 : May 11, 2008, 09:26:08 PM

Johnson does not = Gradkowski

Johnson's hype = Gradkowski's hype

But a 5th round pick? Can't really lose there

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#29 : May 11, 2008, 09:41:06 PM

Jon Gruden has built his reputation on the ability to rejuvenate the careers of veteran quarterbacks, such as Rich Gannon in Oakland and now Jeff Garcia in Tampa.

When did Gruden's rejuvenation of Garcia take place?

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe by rejuvenation they meant letting him continue to play and lose playoff game?

OverUnder on how fast Gruden ruins Johnson's career is 2 years, I'll take the under!

Or maybe he meant Garcia making the Pro Bowl for the first time since he was a 49er. And I don't really understand your comment about "letting him continue to play", hell, some of the greatest criticism Gruden received was NOT letting him play, basically putting him in moth balls for a month when the Buccaneers had the division sown up by Thanksgiving.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PFW: Johson to be the Bucs "QB of the future" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools