Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kelly or Barber « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

K-Swiss

Starter

: October 09, 2006, 02:43:29 PM

Who is playing up to or beneath the expectations that you expect?

I say Brian is having a better year, and teams are not scared to throw at Rhonde anymore.  He's being challenged, and he's getting beat.

My answer:  Brian Kelly

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"They thought it was the end of the world, The day they heard the pirates sing-But the only treasure for a Buccaneer, Is a Super Bowl Ring\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#1 : October 09, 2006, 02:46:44 PM

I have to agree.  After Kelly stopped Bush in the open field, I was wondering to myself if Barber could've done the same thing.  From how he's played so far I don't think he'd have gotten the stop.

drywallbuc

Starter

#2 : October 09, 2006, 03:02:35 PM

we all saw it last year, dont go gasping for air now. brooks looked rough at times also, seems to have lost a ton of the shine this year. q-ball also, hell he led the team in tackles last year. imo boldens good plays often lend themselves to the lucky side of good plays. lets see more of the youngblood.

buy american
hire american
save america

boycott chinese goods

K-Swiss

Starter

#3 : October 09, 2006, 03:04:31 PM

So who is it Kelly or Barber?

Only asking because of the huge cry to give Rhonda a big contract by some posters, and so far, for what?

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"They thought it was the end of the world, The day they heard the pirates sing-But the only treasure for a Buccaneer, Is a Super Bowl Ring\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

drywallbuc

Starter

#4 : October 09, 2006, 03:20:54 PM

no matter what ronde got his money and kelly didnt.  not enough time left for kelly is there?

buy american
hire american
save america

boycott chinese goods

K-Swiss

Starter

#5 : October 09, 2006, 05:54:18 PM

The question wasn't about the money, rather the onfield contriutions to this point of the season.........

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 09, 2006, 06:06:34 PM

kelly missed two games so its hard for me to tell,  ask again in week 8

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 09, 2006, 09:38:52 PM

yeah how can you tell kelly had a better game? its better to have BOTH out there finally.. but man.. im really not impressed with how either have played

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#8 : October 09, 2006, 09:40:29 PM

So who is it Kelly or Barber?

Only asking because of the huge cry to give Rhonda a big contract by some posters, and so far, for what?
I was against the long term blockbuster. 1 year would have been OK with me.

wildbuc99

Rookie

#9 : October 09, 2006, 09:53:55 PM

I would take BK anyday over Barber if I had to choose one for this team, Barber excels in zone coverage, and that is mainly all we play. BK is the shut down corner of the tandem, BK is much better is coverage.  BK is and has been underrated his whole career in my view.  Barber is a hell of a player dont get me wrong but his popularity is why most people defend him..

gone

Hall of Famer
#10 : October 10, 2006, 12:40:48 AM

BK is the better pure corner, by far.  Ronde is better in run support and blitzing, and has the knack for the big play, especially at big times.  It's almost comparing apples and oranges.  Given that we are blitzing a lot more and playing more man, BK's got the perfect opportunity here to get himself a nice raise with his contract coming up.

K-Swiss

Starter

#11 : October 10, 2006, 01:44:46 PM

Well, I like apples & oranges, so give me a CB that can excel at Man and adjust to Zone.  The other way around is like asking a pocket QB to scramble, and Rhonde is short and it seems without hops compared to todays WR's, so when they push him off the line and cut back a-la Colston (a rookie), he has a huge disadvantage.

I've noticed in the past when the Bucs D was the shiznit, we would get a lot of favorable non-calls, it seems now the refs have no problem calling the PI's and IC's on the CB's for the Bucs. 

I expect and respect all different views since the thread was about "individual" expectations of us fans, but I'd still have to go with Kelly despite his absence.  Rhonde has 12 more games to show me he still has it.

gone

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 10, 2006, 05:32:47 PM

We all know Ronde is a system CB.  THe system is falling apart, that's why he hasn't had the splash plays.  I don't think he has lost "it".  With the way things are going right now, however, BK is a better corner to have out there.  I look at it kinda like this:  When things are going well at the line and other areas, it would be better to have 2 Ronde's out there.  Right now, we'd be better with 2 BKs.

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 10, 2006, 05:35:02 PM

Witht the exception of Kellys injury. Kelly.

PUROBUCS80

Second String

#14 : October 10, 2006, 09:36:08 PM

kelly
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kelly or Barber « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools