Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kelly or Barber « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#15 : October 10, 2006, 10:06:40 PM

B.K.  and he has been hurt, too.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#16 : October 11, 2006, 09:09:47 AM

We all know Ronde is a system CB.  THe system is falling apart, that's why he hasn't had the splash plays.  I don't think he has lost "it".  With the way things are going right now, however, BK is a better corner to have out there.  I look at it kinda like this:  When things are going well at the line and other areas, it would be better to have 2 Ronde's out there.  Right now, we'd be better with 2 BKs.

I could have not said it any better.  I concur with you.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#17 : October 11, 2006, 09:21:18 AM

So who is it Kelly or Barber?

Only asking because of the huge cry to give Rhonda a big contract by some posters, and so far, for what?

So now, we're going to throw Ronde under the bus for some perceived HUGE contract and his play this season? While Ronde did receive a sizeable contract, the Bucs didn't break the bank to pay him either, we all thought his contract was respectable when it was announced. So what, now because the defense is getting beat we overpaid Ronde? Let's be fair, Ronde is a product of the system and the system is getting thrashed right now. The DL isn't getting it done and they are supposed to be the catalyst of the defense. You want to point a finger at some players who're stealing there paychecks? Point it squarely at Rice, McFarland and Hovan as each are looking overpaid right now.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 11, 2006, 09:27:04 AM

I say its our awful mess of a defensive line not rushing and allowing the QB to survey the zone coverage and find the open guy, but that is just me.

Baghead #2

K-Swiss

Starter

#19 : October 11, 2006, 06:27:12 PM

So now, we're going to throw Ronde under the bus for some perceived HUGE contract and his play this season?...... So what, now because the defense is getting beat we overpaid Ronde? .......You want to point a finger at some players who're stealing there paychecks? ................

Wow I said all that?........I thought I said "Well, I like apples & oranges, so give me a CB that can excel at Man and adjust to Zone.  The other way around is like asking a pocket QB to scramble, and Rhonde is short and it seems without hops compared to todays WR's, so when they push him off the line and cut back a-la Colston (a rookie), he has a huge disadvantage."

Get a breather dude, and last I checked, Rhonde wasn't under the Bus...................I asked about which CB was playing up to or below your expectations.  And for me, BK is playing better football right now, I also said that Rhonde has 12 more games to show (me, not you or anyone else) that he's still got it.......Smoke some, and blow that Sh&% oooouut............

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"They thought it was the end of the world, The day they heard the pirates sing-But the only treasure for a Buccaneer, Is a Super Bowl Ring\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

T

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 12, 2006, 01:51:35 PM

Kelly wants a new contract so he is playing hard for a big payday. Ronde already got paid, but is still playing solid. Ronde isn't playing at a Pro Bowl level, but he is playing alot better than Derrick Brooks, Hovan, Booger, Bolden. Phillips & Simeon.

K-Swiss

Starter

#21 : October 12, 2006, 02:41:53 PM

Kelly wants a new contract so he is playing hard for a big payday. Ronde already got paid, but is still playing solid. Ronde isn't playing at a Pro Bowl level, but he is playing alot better than Derrick Brooks, Hovan, Booger, Bolden. Phillips & Simeon.

Good point & comparisons, but that list reads like a list of archived players :-.  "good grief charlie brown"

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"They thought it was the end of the world, The day they heard the pirates sing-But the only treasure for a Buccaneer, Is a Super Bowl Ring\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

4bucs

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 12, 2006, 02:47:45 PM

ya know if that under achevieing bum Booger would give any kind of pressure then Rice and White could make some sacks and put lots of pressure on the qb and all of a sudden our 2 cbs will once again look like pro bowlers.It all starts up front and if we can't get the pressure from Booger then they should take an alternative route and try switching him and Hovan.....can't wait till they get rid of this gold bricker.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 12, 2006, 02:54:01 PM

Mcfat is to blame for 75% of the defensive frailties right now.  He is paid the big $$$$ to dominate the interior and he is failing miserably.  A little more disruption and containment at the DT position makes the DE, LB and the SS jobs a little easier.

4bucs

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 12, 2006, 03:10:22 PM

Pressure up the middle makes everybody better its not rocket science,can't wait till hes the hell out of here.Whats disappointing is they knew he was a bum wheres the alternate plan.....switch Hovan or try the big guy on the practice team....wave a side of ribs in front of him  LOL ;D

gone

Hall of Famer
#25 : October 12, 2006, 03:15:37 PM

ya know if that under achevieing bum Booger would give any kind of pressure then Rice and White could make some sacks and put lots of pressure on the qb and all of a sudden our 2 cbs will once again look like pro bowlers.It all starts up front and if we can't get the pressure from Booger then they should take an alternative route and try switching him and Hovan.....can't wait till they get rid of this gold bricker.
100% accurate

K-Swiss

Starter

#26 : October 12, 2006, 05:17:40 PM

Agreed, the front four is not getting it done period.  Once we get through this season, I expect bigger changes in the DL, Gruden shows signs that the youth movement has began in Tampa, whoohoo !!!  No matter the regression we take, I'm stickin' with the Bucs to return to Championship form before any NFC South opponents win the Super Bowl.  I believe.......

Cheers

Pro Bowler

#27 : October 12, 2006, 05:32:43 PM

It all starts up front and if we can't get the pressure from Booger then they should take an alternative route and try switching him and Hovan.....can't wait till they get rid of this gold bricker.

I was thinking about this (Hovan & Booger) switch too, but isn't Hovan injured from the Falcon's game still? I think our front 4 got the snot knocked out of them in this game.

K-Swiss

Starter

#28 : October 15, 2006, 02:07:53 PM

Even without playing Kelly's approval rating rises.......TD Who's your mama?????..............that was embarassing

Larry Brackins

Starter
#29 : October 15, 2006, 02:51:17 PM

I read an article saying that Barber is BY FAR the worst CB in the league stastically this year. It was in SI I think.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kelly or Barber « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools