Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: GARCIA STILL FRUSTRATED BY CONTRACT STATUS « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10

PewterReportJF

Hall of Famer

: May 13, 2008, 12:48:13 PM

PewterReport.com had the chance to speak to quarterback Jeff Garcia today after the team's organized team activity.

Garcia, who is in the final year of his contract, spoke at length about his frustration with the lack of progress made by contract negotiations between the Bucs front office and Garcia's agent, Steve Baker. Garcia did not threaten to hold out, but said the contract situation could impact he and the team in a negative manner if it's not resolved.

Garcia also went out of his way to say that there are several players on Tampa Bay's team that need to be rewarded, including running back Earnest Graham, who has not participated in voluntary OTAs this offseason.

UPDATE: Here is a link to the article.

http://www.pewterreport.com/articles/view/4182

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#1 : May 13, 2008, 12:52:27 PM

I like Garcia and all he has done for this team....but he is forgetting that the NFL is a business.

Garcia will be 39 at the start of next season.  He had a good year for us last year, but he must repeat or improve upon it this season in order for me to agree with a contract extenstion.

I say:  Give him a 1 year extenstion, and bump his salary up a million the next 2 years.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#2 : May 13, 2008, 12:52:47 PM

Hell, Adrian Peterson signed a contract a year ago and had a productive season - he should be frustrated by his contract too. 

Jeff "Julio Franco"Garcia:   don't get on everyone's crap list - you signed the contract a year ago. you're 38.  play the game. 

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

Pewter Spot

Pro Bowler

#3 : May 13, 2008, 12:54:03 PM

Historicly these contracts get worked out around Mid-July before TC starts. It's a story now during the slow season but I believe the Bucs have every intention in not just signing thier draftees in July.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#4 : May 13, 2008, 12:54:26 PM

Man I hate to hear this kind of stuff. I'd heard in the past that Garcia was all about the cabbage. Bad choice.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#5 : May 13, 2008, 12:59:54 PM

I wonder if this ringtone is just the sound of a baby crying.

www.Atlbucs.com

Pewter Spot

Pro Bowler

#6 : May 13, 2008, 01:02:03 PM

LOL...nice.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#7 : May 13, 2008, 01:03:04 PM

I like that one myself...well done.

Howler57

Starter

#8 : May 13, 2008, 01:05:46 PM

JGarcia...this "whine" really reeks of being hissied about "missing the fabulous memorial day linen sale in west hollywood"...man up, be the leader on field and negotiate in the office, not the press.......

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#9 : May 13, 2008, 01:06:50 PM

This is not the way a Playmate's spouse should behave.

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#10 : May 13, 2008, 01:08:17 PM

they should reward the few that need it , he would have made his bonus last year and with out him we would have did nothing ...how quick we forget.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#11 : May 13, 2008, 01:09:30 PM

4bucs...i agree that we should give him a raise....and even go as far to give him another year on his deal...but u never know when these players hit walls

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#12 : May 13, 2008, 01:10:33 PM

I like Jeff Garcia alot but....Thats not the way to get paid Jeff. Bruce Allen doesnt play games. If you arent going to produce in a positive way here regardless of your contract status then you should play elsewhere. He was a free agent last year and could of taken a higher amount than here. If it is going to become a problem like he says its better to not have him here at all and move on. Hes not going to be here forever.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#13 : May 13, 2008, 01:12:03 PM

they should reward the few that need it , he would have made his bonus last year and with out him we would have did nothing ...how quick we forget.

I didnt forget what we have did, I just dont think its right to forget that he's 38 and only signed his contract a year ago.  If they give in to that, what stops every single player (not just the 38 year old ones) who have a good year from complaining about their contract EVERY year?

That crap bugs me so bad. 

www.Atlbucs.com

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#14 : May 13, 2008, 01:13:11 PM

badabing,nothing major,maybe a million and a half and add a year ...this way he can back up Johnson the last 2 years...and take care of Graham,White,Askew who evers due...just be fair and not a prick.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: GARCIA STILL FRUSTRATED BY CONTRACT STATUS « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools