Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: GARCIA STILL FRUSTRATED BY CONTRACT STATUS « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#135 : May 17, 2008, 07:24:15 AM

alot of you crack me up.  Imagine your Jeff Garcia.  You lead a team, despite all the injuries to it down to your 3rd string RB, coming off a 4-12 season to a position where the team has the division wrapped up before the last quarter of the season even begins.
I hesitate to call most of the injuries sustained any kind of detriment.  Going to the 3rd string RB actually[/b]improved[/b] the team IMO.

You just had a baby with your hot wife and you know you don't have much time left in the league.  You want to strike it rich before you retire and you certainly earned that with your play over the last 2 seasons. 
He didn't earn anything over the past 2 seasons except for what he was paid.  In the NFL you are paid for your future, not for your past.  Garcia has no future as a starter, so he shouldnt be paid for it.

You know brads I do agree with a lot of what you post, but not these two thoughts - in the NFL you are paid for the PRESENT bc NFL contracts aren't contracts.  And if this fall is the future - Garcia is the future and should be paid accordingly - that crap about missing the 1 mill bonus is very sketchy...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#136 : May 17, 2008, 09:02:59 AM

He signed his contract... if he wants to complain and hold out then let him go play some place where he has no chance of winning like his stops in Detroit or Cleveland.

Page: 1 ... 8 9 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: GARCIA STILL FRUSTRATED BY CONTRACT STATUS « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools