Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: GARCIA STILL FRUSTRATED BY CONTRACT STATUS « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#15 : May 13, 2008, 01:13:17 PM

I really don't mind the request for a better deal. I don't like the very thinly veiled threats. If I'm in the Bucs FO that would annoy me more than anything.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#16 : May 13, 2008, 01:14:31 PM

Exactly Ryan.

Pewter Spot

Pro Bowler

#17 : May 13, 2008, 01:17:45 PM

I believe that Jeff Garcia and Eanest Graham will both be tendered respecatble deals while the Bucs are juggling thier rookie contracts right before TC starts.

By not extending guys in May you actually can drive thier prices down sometimes because of thier desire to not let teammates down by not being around in TC. All guys are different but seriously, this is a down-time story and not an insight into something that should be worried about. The contract desires of ALL of our players will be met fairly between the team and the players in due time. Remember, IT'S MID-MAY and we're not quite on the brink of the season yet.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#18 : May 13, 2008, 01:15:46 PM

Bucs are taking a gamble by letting Garcia play out his contract.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#19 : May 13, 2008, 01:15:56 PM

Jeff Garcia acts like he won the Super Bowl or something.  Give me a break.  He's always been about the money and nothing has changed. 

MBF

Hall of Famer

#20 : May 13, 2008, 01:18:29 PM

Garcia should just shut up and play. Go out and earn your money, because you've done little to show that you deserve a raise.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#21 : May 13, 2008, 01:21:30 PM

Snook..tell me a player that isn't about the money?

Oh and please don't list players like Peyton Manning and Tom Brady who making millions upon millions every year.

You can't get mad at players for wanting more money.  Heck, in the NFL your career can end at any given play.

The truth is...alot of players can care less about what team they play for.  Some players can care less about winning as well.  Money is the biggest factor in almost anything we do..

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#22 : May 13, 2008, 01:22:33 PM

Of course while I dont think they deserve new contracts. I wouldnt be mad if they both got one.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#23 : May 13, 2008, 01:23:38 PM

Oh and please don't list players like Peyton Manning and Tom Brady who making millions upon millions every year.

You can't get mad at players for wanting more money.  Heck, in the NFL your career can end at any given play.

The truth is...alot of players can care less about what team they play for.  Some players can care less about winning as well.  Money is the biggest factor in almost anything we do..

tom brady intentionally takes less money because he knows if he gets what he deserves, it'll hurt the team around him.

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

#24 : May 13, 2008, 01:24:07 PM

They should at the least pay Jeff what they said they would. He stated that he was either promised or told some things by undisclosed individuals last year.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#25 : May 13, 2008, 01:24:46 PM

BucBalla....me neither.  Garcia played good and so did Graham...but should either be on this team 3-4 years down the road?  NO.  Sign your guys like Joseph, Trueblood, Smith, Ruud, etc. that will be part of this team in the future.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#26 : May 13, 2008, 01:25:08 PM

You can't get mad at players for wanting more money.  Heck, in the NFL your career can end at any given play.

The truth is...alot of players can care less about what team they play for.  Some players can care less about winning as well.  Money is the biggest factor in almost anything we do..

Derrick Brooks isn't all about the money.  Do you need any more examples?  One is enough.  And he's done WAY more for this team than Garcia EVER will.  Case closed. 

Besides, what's he want more money for?  Why didn't he ask for more money before he signed here?  Afterall, he KNEW he was going to be the starter here.  Why didn't he ask for STARTER money then?  And let's keep in mind, he made the Pro Bowl because Favre didn't go.  Period.  He threw 13 TDs last year.  The guy is no Manning or Brady.  Please. 

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#27 : May 13, 2008, 01:26:30 PM

how much does Tom Brady make?  Oh thats right he signed a 6 year, 60 million dollar deal in 2005.  Oh well, I dont know how he can even feed his bastard children on that salary.

Again, Derrick Brooks was making loads of money before he re-did his deal.  Ofcourse, not all players are GREEDY...but if Brooks was making 1 million a year all these years, you can bet he'd be **CENSORED**ing.  Didn't he threaten to hold out a while back?

Snook

Hall of Famer

#28 : May 13, 2008, 01:26:42 PM

I can understand Graham wanting more money.  His deal was structured around being a back-up.  And that's changed.

But Garcia? Nothing has changed. But the whining to the media REALLY bothers me. 

We don't hear Graham publicly complaining, do we?

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#29 : May 13, 2008, 01:28:28 PM

how much does Tom Brady make?  Oh thats right he signed a 6 year, 60 million dollar deal in 2005.  Oh well, I dont know how he can even feed his bastard children on that salary.

and has restructured to meet the demands of his team (Moss).  a big chunk of that hits this year and I'll be shocked if he doesnt restructure again. 

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: GARCIA STILL FRUSTRATED BY CONTRACT STATUS « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools