Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Speaking of rising ticket prices... « previous next »
Page: 1

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

: May 12, 2008, 11:56:43 AM

Anyone notice how DirecTV's Sunday Ticket has jumped? It's getting close to pushing $300 for the season.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#1 : May 12, 2008, 07:46:54 PM

Yep... I paid $229 last season and now its up to $269.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#2 : May 12, 2008, 10:18:39 PM

And I dont think their agreement with the NFL is up until 2016. So not much competition to keep that price down.

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#3 : May 13, 2008, 01:12:55 AM

first year it came out it was like 159

Snook

Hall of Famer

#4 : May 13, 2008, 01:11:19 PM

And if you want HD, Super Ticket is $99 more... and I'm sure that'll go up.  I'm guessing it'll cost me nearly $400 this season.

But I look at it like this:  There's usually 10 or more Bucs games that I can't watch locally here in Atlanta.  So at about $40 per game, I can watch the Bucs in the peace and quiet of my home.  I have to look at it that way in order to justify paying it.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#5 : May 13, 2008, 01:22:21 PM

And if you want HD, Super Ticket is $99 more... and I'm sure that'll go up. I'm guessing it'll cost me nearly $400 this season.

But I look at it like this: There's usually 10 or more Bucs games that I can't watch locally here in Atlanta. So at about $40 per game, I can watch the Bucs in the peace and quiet of my home. I have to look at it that way in order to justify paying it.

Cheaper than season tickets and you get all the other games as well.  Sounds like a bargain.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#6 : May 13, 2008, 01:29:33 PM

And if you want HD, Super Ticket is $99 more... and I'm sure that'll go up.  I'm guessing it'll cost me nearly $400 this season.

But I look at it like this:  There's usually 10 or more Bucs games that I can't watch locally here in Atlanta.  So at about $40 per game, I can watch the Bucs in the peace and quiet of my home.  I have to look at it that way in order to justify paying it.

Unfortunately, it's a must-buy if you're not in the local TV area.  I lived in Nashville for a few years, and it SUCKED not being able to see the Bucs every week.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#7 : May 13, 2008, 02:02:46 PM

Unfortunately, it's a must-buy if you're not in the local TV area.  I lived in Nashville for a few years, and it SUCKED not being able to see the Bucs every week.

What about Nashville bars? For me, it's cheaper and more fun to watch ALL the games in a bar here
in MB, CA. One place right on the ocean always puts the Bucs on for me wherever I sit.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#8 : May 13, 2008, 02:13:03 PM

I watched at friends houses when I could...I'm not a fan of watching football at bars.  It's too tough to watch everything I want to watch in that environment.  I'm sure it's just me.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#9 : May 13, 2008, 02:41:35 PM

I get it. I like having the sound for the game. In the bar I'm talking about, I can put the sound up a bit.
Plus, I don't want to go through the hassle of getting satellite and getting rid of the cable/internet.

I DID watch the last few games at a friend's house here in LA. It was fun. Especially since his son started
on the O Line - Penn.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#10 : May 13, 2008, 03:19:16 PM

I watched at friends houses when I could...I'm not a fan of watching football at bars.  It's too tough to watch everything I want to watch in that environment.  I'm sure it's just me.

No, I'm like that, too.  Its a pain to watch games that I'm really into at bars -- too much other stuff going on.

Sunday Ticket is a necessary evil. 

Pewter Spot

Pro Bowler

#11 : May 13, 2008, 03:27:05 PM

I believe my MLB Ticket dropped in price this season so whatever I saved there I guess I'll be spending on NFL Ticket.

Last year was the 1st year I had NFL Ticket and I also have Bucs season tickets so I don't need the NFL Ticket but it is a "necessary evil" that I can't live without on Sunday's (even when I'm not home). HD-DVR Baby!

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#12 : May 13, 2008, 03:47:00 PM

I watched at friends houses when I could...I'm not a fan of watching football at bars. It's too tough to watch everything I want to watch in that environment. I'm sure it's just me.

No, I'm like that, too. Its a pain to watch games that I'm really into at bars -- too much other stuff going on.

Not only that bar managers/owners get really upset with you throwing crap at their TVs when the Bucs screw up.  They funny like that.  At least that's what I've been told. ;)

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#13 : May 13, 2008, 08:18:45 PM

Your telling me.. the D-Rays charge $22 for field level box seats by the foul pole.. those same exact seats for the Dodgers are $50.

Now THATS some bull.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Speaking of rising ticket prices... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools