Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden voices no job concern - TBO.com « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

: December 12, 2006, 10:08:51 AM

The Bucs coach also will stand pat for now with QB Gradkowski.
By Rick Stroud
Published December 12, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ADVERTISEMENT

TAMPA - Jon Gruden said Monday he is confident he will be the Bucs coach "for the long haul."

To prove his point, Gruden will start rookie quarterback Bruce Gradkowski on Sunday at Chicago, though he acknowledged veteran Tim Rattay might give the Bucs a better chance to beat the Bears.

Gruden said Rattay will get more repetitions in practice so both quarterbacks will be ready.

Despite presiding over one of the lowest-scoring offenses in NFL history, Gruden said the Bucs want to use the final three games to give Gradkowski experience that will pay off in the future.

It's a future Gruden plans on being part of.

"I don't worry about that stuff. I've got a lot of confidence the Glazers will do what's right for Tampa and that's all I care about," Gruden said of the team's owners. "I'm a big fan of the Buccaneers and I'm going to continue to work hard at this as is my staff.

"I'm not going to address any speculation. That'll be a decision that they make and I'm real confident that I'm in this for the long haul and we have some areas that we need to redeem ourselves and that we need to get some guys well. We're missing some key players and whatever happens will happen."

Gruden is under contract through at least the 2008 season. But his record in five seasons in Tampa Bay slipped to 38-39 with Sunday's 17-6 loss to the Falcons.

Adding to the speculation about Gruden's future, the Bucs offense has not scored a touchdown in 32 possessions over the past 11 quarters. Tampa Bay is the league's lowest-scoring team at 11.6 points per game.

"I'm sure I'll be on the hot channel there for some people to talk about, but there's a lot of good things in store for Tampa," Gruden said. "I do believe that. Right now it's a cold, dark place, and you've got to keep your fist rolled up and live through these times and you've got to be a survivor. You've got to keep pushing."

"I don't ever speak for them," Gruden said of his conversation with the Glazers. "You'll have to interview them. But they've been very supportive of me and our staff."

Gruden will be here. These quotes show that the Glazers aren't fools like most on this MB. Keep up with the fire Gruden threads and call me whatever, I want Gruden here for the long haul.

#1 : December 12, 2006, 10:21:02 AM

That's interesting.  Who know what it all adds up to, but...thanks for the post, keepon.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 12, 2006, 10:34:17 AM

Hasn't good old DTG been telling you what mind the Glazers are of on their coach and GM for quite some time now?

acacius

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 12, 2006, 10:47:50 AM

I remain inclined to think that Gruden gets one more year to start showing real signs of improvement, but at the same time, I would take anything Gruden says to the media with a grain of salt.  I'm not saying it's not true, just that his saying it isn't really evidence one way or the other.

#4 : December 12, 2006, 10:53:03 AM

he may have more than one season, if the Glazers think he can turn it around, then he's not going anywhere anytime soon.

#5 : December 12, 2006, 10:58:43 AM

he may have more than one season, if the Glazers think he can turn it around, then he's not going anywhere anytime soon.

I think he may get more than one year, but that is contingent on progress being made in '07, IMO.

gharen

Pro Bowler

#6 : December 12, 2006, 11:01:44 AM

One way to tell if he has longer is if they draft a QB in round 1. If they do that, they probably have comitted to him for several more seasons.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#7 : December 12, 2006, 12:50:45 PM

When Larry Coker was about to be fired as the coach of Miami, earlier in the season, he said that he was as excited as he had ever been to be the coach of the Hurricanes and he was really looking forward to a long future he had with the team.

See what happened there? Gone, fired, etc.

Gruden should be concerned about his job prospects. He is a terrible coach at this juncture. He will be LUCKY to have the owners allow him to turn it around with giving him one more season. His putrid offense has done nothing this year and he needs to find some answers really quick like.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 12, 2006, 01:00:18 PM

what can you expect from this offense in reality.

Rookie QB

2 starting Rookie O linemen...

A crappy WR corps...

It looks like a nightmare on paper because it IS a nigtmare in real life...

Some people here have way too high of expectations.

You can't make chicken soup out of chicken sh1t!

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 12, 2006, 01:05:59 PM

When Larry Coker was about to be fired as the coach of Miami, earlier in the season, he said that he was as excited as he had ever been to be the coach of the Hurricanes and he was really looking forward to a long future he had with the team.

See what happened there? Gone, fired, etc.

Gruden should be concerned about his job prospects. He is a terrible coach at this juncture. He will be LUCKY to have the owners allow him to turn it around with giving him one more season. His putrid offense has done nothing this year and he needs to find some answers really quick like.

wrong on all counts. This is a different situation.

Was he a terrrible coach last year? Oh that's right.
 You can't go firing coaches and expect to build consistency. Of course it doesn't look good right now but there are reasons for it. Obviously you are emotional like a woman or else you wouldn't reply in such a way. Most on here are that way, just spat off "fire him! fire him!" with no real solution. Funny isn't it?

T

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 12, 2006, 01:06:31 PM

I don't expect Gruden to be fired, but I would like to see Muir & Bisacia(sp?) replaced. The offensive line and special teams have been a complete joke for the last 5 years.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 12, 2006, 01:07:33 PM

what can you expect from this offense in reality.

Rookie QB

2 starting Rookie O linemen...

A crappy WR corps...

It looks like a nightmare on paper because it IS a nigtmare in real life...

Some people here have way too high of expectations.

You can't make chicken soup out of chicken sh1t!

I know what I would expect but you'd have to ask people like Opti.

The Glazers are much more intune with what's happening and I know as fact that the Glazers back Gruden. Sorry to burst your bubbble Opti.

BucfaninDC

Starter

#12 : December 12, 2006, 04:03:25 PM

I know as fact that the Glazers back Gruden.

Yeah, none of the press can get a word from the Glazers, but a man who posts on a message board knows for a fact.   ::)

#13 : December 12, 2006, 04:04:02 PM

Tampa press isn't exactly smart....and it's pretty clear the Glazers like Gru

BucfaninDC

Starter

#14 : December 12, 2006, 04:05:36 PM

Tampa press isn't exactly smart....and it's pretty clear the Glazers like Gru

PR hasn't gotten word from ownership either, you claiming they aren't smart either?

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden voices no job concern - TBO.com « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools