Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden voices no job concern - TBO.com « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

« #15 : December 12, 2006, 04:06:48 PM »

Did I say that? I said the Tampa press, I don't consider PR that, I'm talking the newspaper and radio....I should've phrased that better

BucfaninDC

Starter

« #16 : December 12, 2006, 04:09:54 PM »

Did I say that? I said the Tampa press, I don't consider PR that, I'm talking the newspaper and radio....I should've phrased that better

PR is press though, they get press passes to games, use press badges to get into the locker room, etc.  Its ALL the press, and I was using it in my last post in those general terms.

Runole

Hall of Famer
« #17 : December 12, 2006, 04:37:24 PM »

This is why I am thankful that the Glazers are running the show.  When the local media and  a certain vocal group of radio talk show hosts alienated themselves from the Bucs organization they are hardly can be considered the most reliable source for Gruden's staying power.

It was interesting this morning listening to a caller ask Ron and Ian who would replace Gruden. It was rather humorous that they remained totally silent on the issue.  If there was ever a defining moment for their credibility it was that moment.

Gruden isn't going anywhere despite his numerous detractors in the media. JMHO

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #18 : December 12, 2006, 04:40:18 PM »

I have said this at least fifty times.  Gruden stays.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

« #19 : December 12, 2006, 04:51:34 PM »

When Larry Coker was about to be fired as the coach of Miami, earlier in the season, he said that he was as excited as he had ever been to be the coach of the Hurricanes and he was really looking forward to a long future he had with the team.

See what happened there? Gone, fired, etc.

Gruden should be concerned about his job prospects. He is a terrible coach at this juncture. He will be LUCKY to have the owners allow him to turn it around with giving him one more season. His putrid offense has done nothing this year and he needs to find some answers really quick like.

wrong on all counts. This is a different situation.

Was he a terrrible coach last year? Oh that's right.
 You can't go firing coaches and expect to build consistency. Of course it doesn't look good right now but there are reasons for it. Obviously you are emotional like a woman or else you wouldn't reply in such a way. Most on here are that way, just spat off "fire him! fire him!" with no real solution. Funny isn't it?

You are wrong on all counts. I never once said that he should be fired in that entire paragraph, and I have NEVER said on this board that he should be fired. Go look up the posts if you want proof beyond what I am telling you.

This year, he has done a terrible job of coaching. There are so many decisions I am currently quesitoning. Almost all of them happened this year and have nothing to do with last year. Here are a few examples for you, why can't he hold Clayton accountable after 2 years of piss poor play? What happened to the OL that they suddenly can't run block either? Why did Simms look like garbage at the beginning of the season? That dispells the Gradkowski is a rookie thing in some ways because Simms who isn't looked just as bad if not worse. Why can't he find a way to play his 3rd round draft pick WR when the other WRs are stinking it up? When exactly are we going to be done running this max protect scheme? Why, after all this time, hasn't Bill Muir been fired? Why, after all this time of crappy special teams play, hasn't Bissacia been fired?

I am not advocating for Gruden to be fired. I will tell you this, though, his job is on the line. His offense this season is inexcusable. He is a coach who specializes in offense, and after 5 years of coaching this team the offense is last in the league. That is unacceptable. I don't care what stats you bring up, it is simply unacceptable. I have made excuses for the guy myself and bought into many more about the cap, the draft picks, etc. Those explain why we aren't the #1 offense, but there is no excuse that I consider valid for us to be the #32 offense.

Way to stick to football, by the way, without calling me 'emotional like a woman.'

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
« #20 : December 12, 2006, 04:58:21 PM »

Up til the last few weeks I'd wanted Gruden to stick around next year, but now, I just don't know.  His offense is too complicated for the QB's we have at the moment and I dont see anyone other than Jeff Garcia that can help us out at the QB position next year. Drafting Quinn or someone wont do jack next year for us. I dont see why we cant just do what the Saints did in taking an Offensive Co-Ordinator like Sean Payton, as there are no good enough unemployed HC's right now.Surely some of the top OC's/DC's will free of contract at the end of the season?

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future.” - Josh Freeman

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #21 : December 12, 2006, 05:00:11 PM »

When Larry Coker was about to be fired as the coach of Miami, earlier in the season, he said that he was as excited as he had ever been to be the coach of the Hurricanes and he was really looking forward to a long future he had with the team.

See what happened there? Gone, fired, etc.

Gruden should be concerned about his job prospects. He is a terrible coach at this juncture. He will be LUCKY to have the owners allow him to turn it around with giving him one more season. His putrid offense has done nothing this year and he needs to find some answers really quick like.

wrong on all counts. This is a different situation.

Was he a terrible coach last year? Oh that's right.
 You can't go firing coaches and expect to build consistency. Of course it doesn't look good right now but there are reasons for it. Obviously you are emotional like a woman or else you wouldn't reply in such a way. Most on here are that way, just spat off "fire him! fire him!" with no real solution. Funny isn't it?

You are wrong on all counts. I never once said that he should be fired in that entire paragraph, and I have NEVER said on this board that he should be fired. Go look up the posts if you want proof beyond what I am telling you.

This year, he has done a terrible job of coaching. There are so many decisions I am currently questioning. Almost all of them happened this year and have nothing to do with last year. Here are a few examples for you, why can't he hold Clayton accountable after 2 years of piss poor play? What happened to the OL that they suddenly can't run block either? Why did Simms look like garbage at the beginning of the season? That dispells the Gradkowski is a rookie thing in some ways because Simms who isn't looked just as bad if not worse. Why can't he find a way to play his 3rd round draft pick WR when the other WRs are stinking it up? When exactly are we going to be done running this max protect scheme? Why, after all this time, hasn't Bill Muir been fired? Why, after all this time of crappy special teams play, hasn't Bissacia been fired?

I am not advocating for Gruden to be fired. I will tell you this, though, his job is on the line. His offense this season is inexcusable. He is a coach who specializes in offense, and after 5 years of coaching this team the offense is last in the league. That is unacceptable. I don't care what stats you bring up, it is simply unacceptable. I have made excuses for the guy myself and bought into many more about the cap, the draft picks, etc. Those explain why we aren't the #1 offense, but there is no excuse that I consider valid for us to be the #32 offense.

Way to stick to football, by the way, without calling me 'emotional like a woman.'

You're reacting like a woman, that's clear. Emotional without clear thinking. It is what it is.

I can't answer those questions but Gruden's getting paid to make those decisions. You're not there behind the scenes, you have no clue. Simms laying eggs shows that the Bucs didn't evaluate him properly. His decision-making is terrible. I lay that on Gruden. What I won't do is blast him for an offense that's being led by a rookie QB, rookie RG, rookie LT all of those which are critical to an offenses success.  Sorry, I get your point of view but don't roll like that. What I see are players not making plays and Gruden's job is to put those players in position to make those plays. It's not happening right now.

Gruden's job isn't on the line and I believe that 100%.

queue Dalbuc in 3.....2.....1....

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

« #22 : December 12, 2006, 05:52:40 PM »

Yeah you know I guess I am getting on board with you here. It is ok to not hold people accountable for their doings, I suppose. I mean, Gruden can't help that he assembled the team that is on the field. He can't help that Bill Muir is still here and Rich Bissacia is still here. Oh yeah, all of these are things which are within his decision making power.

He put this team together, and therefore he is accountable for that. Is it all his fault? Hell no, he doesn't fumble the football, drop the passes, and throw the ball missing open WRs. He did put the team together though, and that is his fault. He needs to put a heck of a team together next year or else he is going to be fired.

And if you like, call me irrational but don't insult women by saying that they are the primary example of being irrational. Maybe I personally am, but they aren't as a whole the example. And by the way, I did think about my post. I've been thinking about it for a long time, thanks.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #23 : December 12, 2006, 06:16:02 PM »

Yeah, none of the press can get a word from the Glazers, but a man who posts on a message board knows for a fact.

Well, I post on this message board and I know for a fact. I've stated it before: barring a complete 180 in thinking that would have had to have occurred over the past month or so, the Glazers plan to stick with Gruden in 2007.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

« #24 : December 12, 2006, 06:24:37 PM »

Wow... this is pretty funny the Non-Buc pro Gruden fans are having to resort to calling people names. We can sit here and talk about stats until I am blue in the face, but the product on the field doesn't lie. They are getting worse each week with no signs and I mean NO signs of improvement. Now I have no doubt we are stuck with Gruden for another year, but I don't see how he can improve this team. While I was sitting and watching the game it looked as though the offense had given up. That ALL goes back to Gruden, sorry fanboys but that is the truth. Before you all get your panties in a bunch I know I have no say in how this franchise is run but I do know that Gruden is looking to return us to the Leeman Bennet Days.... If we don't get him out of here after this year we are in for 5 years of 4-12, 6-10 maybe an 8-8 thrown in with the right soft schedule. We cannot let him screw up this entire draft.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #25 : December 12, 2006, 06:38:43 PM »

Yeah you know I guess I am getting on board with you here. It is ok to not hold people accountable for their doings, I suppose. I mean, Gruden can't help that he assembled the team that is on the field. He can't help that Bill Muir is still here and Rich Bissacia is still here. Oh yeah, all of these are things which are within his decision making power.

He put this team together, and therefore he is accountable for that. Is it all his fault? Hell no, he doesn't fumble the football, drop the passes, and throw the ball missing open WRs. He did put the team together though, and that is his fault. He needs to put a heck of a team together next year or else he is going to be fired.

And if you like, call me irrational but don't insult women by saying that they are the primary example of being irrational. Maybe I personally am, but they aren't as a whole the example. And by the way, I did think about my post. I've been thinking about it for a long time, thanks.

It's all good. I work at a job where women make up the majority of the leadership and decisions are made based on emotion, not logic. It's fact. My opinion is most of the whiney "fire Gruden" people are emotional. I'm a Buc fan first and foremost and want what's best for the team. Gruden, IMVHO, is the right man for the job for the next 5-7 years.

Has the offense sucked this year? Of course, did the offense suck last year? It was mediocre. The QB position is a direct cause for this. If you think a coach can win consistently when his QB gets hurt in the early part of the year for the rest of the season then you're setting yourself up for disaster. Think realistically not emotionally. Looking at where the offense is ranked, watching a game and then come here and blast "fre Gruden, fireGruden"is emotional. I call it like I see it that's all. If you were offended by that I apologize.

It's very easy to sit here and blast a coach when his team is down. You say these are Gruden's players, that's true, but he hasn't really had a chance to make a splash in FA since he's been here. THe Bucs have been shopping at the Salvation Army.

You think he's done a poor job this year, I don't think that can be debated. What can be debated is the fact that he's put these players in positions to make plays and they haven't for whatever reason. I don't care what anyone says, this caoch has won 2 division titles and a SB in 5 years. There are 95% of coaches in the NFL that can't say that.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #26 : December 12, 2006, 07:57:36 PM »

Wow... this is pretty funny the Non-Buc pro Gruden fans are having to resort to calling people names. We can sit here and talk about stats until I am blue in the face, but the product on the field doesn't lie. They are getting worse each week with no signs and I mean NO signs of improvement. Now I have no doubt we are stuck with Gruden for another year, but I don't see how he can improve this team. While I was sitting and watching the game it looked as though the offense had given up. That ALL goes back to Gruden, sorry fanboys but that is the truth. Before you all get your panties in a bunch I know I have no say in how this franchise is run but I do know that Gruden is looking to return us to the Leeman Bennet Days.... If we don't get him out of here after this year we are in for 5 years of 4-12, 6-10 maybe an 8-8 thrown in with the right soft schedule. We cannot let him screw up this entire draft.

I have read a lot of your posts.  I have wasted that time.

keepon - I agree with you.  You said it all very nicely.  Wouldn't make it a habit with the emotional woman thing, but good posts nonetheless.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

« #27 : December 12, 2006, 08:00:29 PM »

Yet.. I was still quoted. Hmm another 4-12 season next year and people will still be defending the guy they root for.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #28 : December 12, 2006, 08:02:12 PM »

Yet.. I was still quoted. Hmm another 4-12 season next year and people will still be defending the guy they root for.

I will not. The 2007 offseason is the lynchpin in their plan, so unless there is something catastrophic happening in 2007, I personally will not be accepting of a 4-12 result. The Bucs will have to show improvement in 2007 for me to continue to support Coach Gruden. As for the Glazers, I have no idea, but I think 2008 and beyond also depends on 2007 in their minds.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #29 : December 12, 2006, 08:02:38 PM »

Just easier than typing your name, don't get flattered, certainly not my intention.  

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden voices no job concern - TBO.com « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools