Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden voices no job concern - TBO.com « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#30 : December 12, 2006, 11:29:57 PM

Tampa press isn't exactly smart....and it's pretty clear the Glazers like Gru
What do you base this on?  Gruden may be delusional or oblivious.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#31 : December 13, 2006, 12:34:02 PM

keepon, you make some solid points but I don't understand why you would feel that he gets more than one season to turn this around.

He has won two division titles in 5 years, but the other 3 seasons his record was 7-9, 5-11, 3-13 (I am guessing here). That is pretty rough. The other years, I felt like there was some direction, some identity to this team. I thought I knew which direction we were headed in. Now, I am lost. I don't know where this team is headed and that is a scary thought. Is Gruden the right man for the job? I really don't know the answer to that question. I am starting to doubt him more than I ever have in the past, but most of that is because he isn't doing some things that I feel are very important for a coach to do such as hold players accountable for their mistakes.

My problem with Gruden are the decisions he has made this season. My problem is not Gruden himself, Gruden's system, Gruden's offense, the other losing seasons he has coached here, what he did with the Raiders, etc. I don't hate Gruden. I am not against him being our coach here, but I really do think he is on the hotseat next season. He needs to put a winner on the field and with the direction this team is headed right now (which direction?) I don't think I can sit here and type with honesty that I believe 100% that he can do it. If he does not put a winner on the field, he is as good as gone (in my opinion) for 2008.

Anyways, what you said did offend me. The reason why it offended me is not because I am concerned about people calling me names, or calling me out on the message boards. Just I would have thought that you would take a large sample of the posts I have made on here and think about the points I have made in the past. I think realistically most of the time. There are certainly times when emotions come out; after games, etc. I thought about these points. I know what I think and I am not tying any emotion to that at this point. What I think about Gruden is based on the facts; he probably has only one season to turn this around, and the fact that this season has sucked the team dry of identity makes me wonder if he can do it even with all the cap dollars, picks, etc.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#32 : December 13, 2006, 01:06:41 PM

I just feel like he'll turn in a good season next year and will follow that up with a playoff year. That's my take. He's been strapped here for many reasons and most call it excuses, I call it reasons why the team looks so empty right now. The owners know how rough the situation was with the cap and draft picks when he got here. Parcells didn't come here because of that. Gruden won a SB and is now feeling the effect of rebuilding a mansion with pennies.

APologize for offending you, just trying to make a point. You have your opinion and I have mine. Gruden's made plenty of mistakes, Gruden has a big ego like every coach in the NFL, but that's not going to cloud my judgment of how good of a coach he is.

Like I said, it's very easy to pile on the guy when things are going well. I just take a different approach.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#33 : December 13, 2006, 02:19:26 PM

No problem man. You are just thinking ahead; thinking he will have a good season. I HOPE that you are right, but am not as confident.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#34 : December 14, 2006, 12:40:58 AM

What makes you think Gruden is quoting the Glazers?  Do coaches usually say, "I'm a big fan of the <insert own team name>? That just sounds wierd. And I don't think ANY body knows what the Glazers are thinking. In spite of the voices DTG may be hearing.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden voices no job concern - TBO.com « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools