Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Let's try a different slant on Gradkowski « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

: December 12, 2006, 10:45:20 AM

Let's say the Bucs want to stick with Gradkowski as the starter next season, and suppose they can bring in an old vet who can back him up and help Coach Hackett coach and mentor the kid for a season or two. If instead of looking to replace the QB, if the Bucs were to go out in the draft and FA and really go gangbusters to surround the youngster with a lot of strong supporting players...a top OT, a new OC, a blocking fool at FB, a WR who can play anywhere and with hands like glue...whatever it takes.

Under those circumstances do you think that Gradkowski has "enough juice" to be successful and to help make the offense successful?

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 12, 2006, 10:47:43 AM

Let's say the Bucs want to stick with Gradkowski as the starter next season, and suppose they can bring in an old vet who can back him up and help Coach Hackett coach and mentor the kid for a season or two. If instead of looking to replace the QB, if the Bucs were to go out in the draft and FA and really go gangbusters to surround the youngster with a lot of strong supporting players...a top OT, a new OC, a blocking fool at FB, a WR who can play anywhere and with hands like glue...whatever it takes.

Under those circumstances do you think that Gradkowski has "enough juice" to be successful and to help make the offense successful?

I think Gracia will start next year and Grads is still in Gruden's longterm plans.

#2 : December 12, 2006, 10:48:52 AM

Well...yes.  Maybe.

He needs to improve his vision and timing.  Luckily, these are things that can improve over the course of a year, but...there's no guarantee...

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 12, 2006, 10:52:05 AM

I think Simms will be the long term starter here.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 12, 2006, 10:54:31 AM

He could be, but he has a hell of a lot of things to work on with his game in a WCO.

#5 : December 12, 2006, 10:55:55 AM

seems like what Atlanta tries to do with Vick, I suppose he could, but can rationalize spending all of that (projected) money on offense only

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 12, 2006, 10:56:22 AM

No idea if Bruce can get it done. Garcia is very attractive as our QB for the next few years.
But, of course, that can change. Grads backing up Garcia might be what we see. Or Luke
backing up Garcia with Grads in the 3rd spot. If Garcia wants to play here, it can happen
very easily.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 12, 2006, 10:57:00 AM

Its hard to say. No one can say definitively that Grads will work. Based on what I have seen I see Gradkowski as a backup, but could he get better, sure who knows. How long do you give a 6th round pick at QB that shows little improvement week in and week out, I dont know. He could get better, I would sure hope to god he woudl if we invest like that, which I can't see us doing, but who knows.

Baghead #2

#8 : December 12, 2006, 10:57:35 AM

A distinct possibility. 

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 12, 2006, 10:59:02 AM

Rookie years are such a loss it is hard to say if he's got it or not. Better players will help him no doubt and I think he's smart enough to understand the game. I still think the questions he has are if his smarts can take him further than his physical skills say they should- sort of the Brad Johnson route to fame and fortune.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Shag

Pro Bowler

#10 : December 12, 2006, 11:02:38 AM

He's young and has more knowledge of Gruden's offense than anybody we could get. I hope we give him a decent offer.

gharen

Pro Bowler

#11 : December 12, 2006, 11:07:48 AM

Depends on what they do in the draft. If the Glazers make certain job security comittments to Gruden, I could see him falling in love with one of these rookie QB's. He has never had a chance to have a guy with this much potential. They could have Garcia start and either Grads or the rookie as 2nd and the other one 3rd. Ideally, it would be great if Rattay played well enough for someone to give us a late round choice for him in the offseason.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#12 : December 12, 2006, 11:11:29 AM

I think the best way for Gruden to keep his job is to sell them on the fact that if he has a high first-round QB he can give the Bucs a Pro Bowl QB for many years.  Given his success with other QB's they would definitely think about extending him and drafting Quinn, Brohm, or Russell.

#13 : December 12, 2006, 11:15:25 AM

You may call me silly but if it gets as bad as it is right now look at a franchise tag for #2

#14 : December 12, 2006, 11:18:12 AM

You may call me silly but if it gets as bad as it is right now look at a franchise tag for #2
why would you put a franchise tag on Simms and pay him the avg. of the top 5 QB's salaries including Vick and Manning when it would cost less to re-sign him straight up?
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Let's try a different slant on Gradkowski « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools