Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Let's try a different slant on Gradkowski « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Cheers

Pro Bowler

#30 : December 13, 2006, 09:32:28 AM

I think our Quarterback play would pick up a lot if our running game got going. For our running game to get going we need our line play to pick up. Until that happens a superstar quarterback will look like a Pee Wee league player.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#31 : December 13, 2006, 10:23:25 AM

The problem with Gradkowski is he doesn't scare anybody.  Even his short, 3 step, WCO staple throws are often times off target.  Defenses will stack the box all day if there's no threat of a passing game.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#32 : December 13, 2006, 01:29:41 PM

I think Simms will be the long term starter here.

*shudder*

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#33 : December 13, 2006, 01:30:48 PM

I think Simms will be the long term starter here.

He's young and has more knowledge of Gruden's offense than anybody we could get. I hope we give him a decent offer.

I hope we part ways, the Simms experiment should be over.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#34 : December 13, 2006, 01:32:48 PM

But if the Bucs choose Joe Thomas in the 1st I wouldn't mind seeing them choose Russel or Smith in the 2nd or trading up to get them.

Top two picks on O again......that will go down well. :o
Yeah, it'll go down well since the Free Agent pool is loaded with defensive players that would excel in Monte's system. Bucs would be smart to rebuild the defense with free agents and continue to build the offense through the draft. There is gonna be very little proven offensive talent available in free agency this year.

agreed!

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#35 : December 13, 2006, 02:00:49 PM

How about getting Simms some playmakers? Exactly what great playmakers has he had to work with? His first start his best receiver was Clayton. Simms is our starter. You don't lose your job because of injury and Gradkowski has shown absolutely NO reason that he should remain the starter. He's terrible. We can't score and he doesn't even look concerned about it. We had to pull him and put Rattay in. Sorry, I'm starting to think Gruden had less and less of a impact on the QBs he's been around. Also, didn't he have an offensive coordinator in Oakland? Yes, that's what we need, an offensive coordinator and Simms at QB. Let Gruden toss the red hanky on challenge plays. That's the ticket. Nevermind, we always lose challenges when he throws it, let him hold it then hand it to Hackett to throw.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#36 : December 13, 2006, 02:16:55 PM

I think Gradkowski is still a player here, and will be at some point in the future a player. I don't think that next season he will walk into the season as the starter, though, because Gruden is going to have to win to keep his job. Garcia seems like the guy we will probably pull the trigger on if we can but we could go in a different direction all together and stick with Simms to see what happens. I doubt it, but it is possible.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#37 : December 14, 2006, 12:52:47 AM

I think Gradkowski is still a player here, and will be at some point in the future a player. I don't think that next season he will walk into the season as the starter, though, because Gruden is going to have to win to keep his job. Garcia seems like the guy we will probably pull the trigger on if we can but we could go in a different direction all together and stick with Simms to see what happens. I doubt it, but it is possible.
Based on what? He's gotten worse every game & is ranked almost at the bottom for qb rating.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Let's try a different slant on Gradkowski « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools