Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Progress: California Supreme Court Overturns Gay Marriage Ban « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 33

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#30 : May 16, 2008, 09:49:58 AM

Absolutely no need for gay marriage other than gays desperately wanting to be 'normal', which in the eyes of many they will never be.
There is absolutely no need for gay marriage to not be allowed.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#31 : May 16, 2008, 10:54:26 AM

I have no issues with gays, just don't think they should be allowed to be legally married.

Hmmm, seems like you have an issue.

Gotta love it.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#32 : May 16, 2008, 10:57:13 AM

sorry, you can call me anything you want, but I can not get on board with the "marriage" part of gayness...

Who cares? The courts don't give a crap what people like yourself say or think. The law
is the law and there's nothing you can do about it.

You have failed to answer the question about interracial marriage. What are your feelings
about that? And should a local community be able to make it illegal if legislation is voted
on and passed?

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#33 : May 16, 2008, 10:59:20 AM

I have no issues with gays, just don't think they should be allowed to be legally married.

Gotta love it.
I found that statement to be pretty freaking funny as well.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#34 : May 16, 2008, 11:00:05 AM

Firts off....... If you aren't gay, then why do you care? How is this an issue for heterosexuals? It does not effect you in any way whatsoever.

There are couples getting married all over the place, who have no business doing so. What is the point in denying marriage to many gay couples that do share a strong love for one another, when there are hetero couples all across this country who are getting married when they really shouldn't be?

Don't you know, Miyagi? Every time a state legalizes gay marriage in this country, we are
one step closer to the end of the world. Total chaos! :-)

Every time you hear a bell ring today, that means a gay/lesbian couple has married and
received their wings.

#35 : May 16, 2008, 11:04:03 AM

lets face it. this is more than about gay marriage. it is truly sad that so many are closed minded and just hate gay people or the idea of it. if you didn't then you wouldn't be against gay marriage. it is a marriage, a union of 2 people. 2 people who want to be committed for life. what is wrong with that if they happen to be of the same sex? it is their choice, their life and doesn't affect you. so you'll argue that marriage is a christian union and the bible is against gays and that is why you aren't for gay marriage right? well then people shouldn't be allowed to get married if they have a kid before they are married. because the bible says to not have sex until you are married right? well then most marriages i'm guessing in the USA aren't by the "book".
so stop trying to give reasons for gay people to enjoy the same rights that we all are entitled to, don't try to use your religion as a tool for your own hate agenda. just come out and say you hate gay people.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#36 : May 16, 2008, 11:16:11 AM

Partly right, Orion. But nice post.

I think some of the guys here who are against it aren't religious. They see gay marriage
as some sort of threat to their lives. That's irrational, IMO. Probably a challenge to their
manhood or goes against something they were taught as a youngster. Time to grow up
and let other adults live their lives just like everybody else.

I want to hear from the ones who feel that states should be able to vote on this. I would
like the states to be able to have more control too but on personal, civil and equal rights?
No. Right is right no matter where you live.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#37 : May 16, 2008, 11:18:20 AM

Not thinking that gays should be able to be legally married is having an issue with them.

Why do you care?

How does it affect you in the slightest bit?

If you had your say, would you vote against it?

no, it isn't an issue with being GAY, the issue lies with gay marriage, not the act of being gay.  Be gay all you want, just don't force the rest of us to recognize it legally.

Yes, if I had a vote, I would vote against it, absolutely!

#38 : May 16, 2008, 11:19:36 AM

Partly right, Orion. But nice post.

I think some of the guys here who are against it aren't religious. They see gay marriage
as some sort of threat to their lives. That's irrational, IMO. Probably a challenge to their
manhood or goes against something they were taught as a youngster. Time to grow up
and let other adults live their lives just like everybody else.

I want to hear from the ones who feel that states should be able to vote on this. I would
like the states to be able to have more control too but on personal, civil and equal rights?
No. Right is right no matter where you live.

agreed UFO.
i think it is a manhood issue with many. they aren't against lesbians i bet.

#39 : May 16, 2008, 11:20:18 AM

Not thinking that gays should be able to be legally married is having an issue with them.

Why do you care?

How does it affect you in the slightest bit?

If you had your say, would you vote against it?

no, it isn't an issue with being GAY, the issue lies with gay marriage, not the act of being gay.  Be gay all you want, just don't force the rest of us to recognize it legally.

Yes, if I had a vote, I would vote against it, absolutely!

no offense that is pretty shallow. so you are okay with people being gay, but to have it legally okay to get married as a gay couple isn't okay. i think you are against that because if the governments make  it legal or it give them a pass you see that as being gay is accepted by law and you can't just have that can you?

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#40 : May 16, 2008, 11:21:19 AM

sorry, you can call me anything you want, but I can not get on board with the "marriage" part of gayness...

Who cares? The courts don't give a crap what people like yourself say or think. The law
is the law and there's nothing you can do about it.

You have failed to answer the question about interracial marriage. What are your feelings
about that? And should a local community be able to make it illegal if legislation is voted
on and passed?

because I have a problem with gays getting hitched doesn't mean I am a racist joe.

I have no problem with a man and a woman from any race getting married.  Stop trying to make this bigger than what it is.  One of my best friends has a white Dad and a black mom, I am not some redneck hick.  Race is not an issue with me, gay MARRIAGE is, I'd expect you to be able to understand that.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#41 : May 16, 2008, 11:23:56 AM

Force you? Last time I checked, Turbo, you don't sit on the Supreme Court of any state in
the land. So how would you be forced to recognize it? Are you afraid that some man in
leather (Rob Halford?) is going to tie you down and force you to look at a marriage
certificate and say, "I recognize it! I recognize it!"

Luckily, Turbo (or anybody else) will not get the chance to discriminate against others with
a discriminatory vote, in the future. We're not there yet but we're on our way.

#42 : May 16, 2008, 11:25:06 AM

Force you? Last time I checked, Turbo, you don't sit on the Supreme Court of any state in
the land. So how would you be forced to recognize it? Are you afraid that some man in
leather (Rob Halford?) is going to tie you down and force you to look at a marriage
certificate and say, "I recognize it! I recognize it!"

Luckily, Turbo (or anybody else) will not get the chance to discriminate against others with
a discriminatory vote, in the future. We're not there yet but we're on our way.

does obama support gay marriage? is he pro-choice?

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#43 : May 16, 2008, 11:25:54 AM

lets face it. this is more than about gay marriage. it is truly sad that so many are closed minded and just hate gay people or the idea of it. if you didn't then you wouldn't be against gay marriage. it is a marriage, a union of 2 people. 2 people who want to be committed for life. what is wrong with that if they happen to be of the same sex? it is their choice, their life and doesn't affect you. so you'll argue that marriage is a christian union and the bible is against gays and that is why you aren't for gay marriage right? well then people shouldn't be allowed to get married if they have a kid before they are married. because the bible says to not have sex until you are married right? well then most marriages i'm guessing in the USA aren't by the "book".
so stop trying to give reasons for gay people to enjoy the same rights that we all are entitled to, don't try to use your religion as a tool for your own hate agenda. just come out and say you hate gay people.

ok, for the stupid people here, this is not about hating gays, it is about gays being legally recognized as being married that I have a problem with.

HATE, even though you want to turn this into more than it is, is not the issue.

#44 : May 16, 2008, 11:29:39 AM

Gotta love it.
I found that statement to be pretty freaking funny as well.

ok, for the stupid people here, this is not about hating gays, it is about gays being legally recognized as being married that I have a problem with.

HATE, even though you want to turn this into more than it is, is not the issue.

THAT IS MY POINT.  dude you are the stupid one! you aren't against gays? whats wrong with them being married? you can't justify it? other than the fact you are being hateful against gay people and trying to limit their rights.
first is the blacks we had the fear, now it is the mexicans and gays right?
well wait also the terrorists.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 33
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Progress: California Supreme Court Overturns Gay Marriage Ban « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools