Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Allen holds all the cards in contract extension. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

LVBUC

Practice Squad

: May 17, 2008, 11:54:21 AM

Allen holds all the cards in contract extension and should be selective on who he extends.  As PR has stated Allen has until Feb to extend the contract of certain players.  Before you give a player a new contract you have to consider:

#1 Do you have a young emerging player ready to take over that position.
#2 Will the player be worth more the following year.

The next contract the Bucs should extend is:
Ruud
Haye

If they both play the way they did last year they will command top dollar in 09

The Bucs should wait on contracts for Garcia and Graham.

When Garcia hit FA in 09 the Bucs will be the only one bidding for the services of a QB that is approaching 40.  Graham is kind of in the same boat.  He will be approaching 30 and if he stages a hold out he will not be featured in Grudens offense.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#1 : May 17, 2008, 12:14:49 PM

They are both digging themselves holes.

BA does not like laundry hung out on the line.  Wants it done in house in the dryer.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

JC510

Practice Squad

#2 : May 17, 2008, 12:30:27 PM

Ruud isn't a FA until 2010 but he should be up next because he's pretty much the cornerstone of the roster right now. They could get him at a pretty good value right now, but if they wait the price could go up significantly. He could easily make the pro-bowl (although he doesn't dance after he makes a tackle, which might be the #1 priority among internet voters) and even win Defensive Player of the Year. That might TRIPLE his value between now and then.

Buchanon should be high on the list because he's a great fit as the long term answer at nickel corner.

Trueblood is UFA in 2010 and if they want to keep all these linemen they drafted they probably have to start signing them now.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#3 : May 17, 2008, 12:33:22 PM

I dont know about Haye just yet.  Hes going to make 2 million this year in a "prove it aint a fluke" type season.  So even if he does prove it, Im sure there will be no hard feelings...

They should extend Ruud, no doubt.  I would say start wraping up our young offensive lineman, but there's no rush there.
As for Bucchanon..I'd say lets extend him.

#4 : May 17, 2008, 12:49:42 PM

Allen holds all the cards in contract extension and should be selective on who he extends. As PR has stated Allen has until Feb to extend the contract of certain players. Before you give a player a new contract you have to consider:

Ruud
Haye

Lets apply your criteria to Graham.

#1 Do you have a young emerging player ready to take over that position. NO
#2 Will the player be worth more the following year. YES

IMO, Graham is as deserving as Ruud and Haye.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#5 : May 17, 2008, 12:53:47 PM

It comes down to how much does he deserve and for how long.  And I agree with Bruce's lack of motivation.  We know DR is asking for the farm, his percentage depends on it.  But what is fair here?  And when do we as fans stop tripping on this?  If BA gives him what he wants what does that do for and how does it change future signings?  If the contrct Bruce offers is fair then do we as fans jump on Graham for wanting too much?

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

JC510

Practice Squad

#6 : May 17, 2008, 12:54:43 PM

Allen holds all the cards in contract extension and should be selective on who he extends. As PR has stated Allen has until Feb to extend the contract of certain players. Before you give a player a new contract you have to consider:

Ruud
Haye

Lets apply your criteria to Graham.

#1 Do you have a young emerging player ready to take over that position. NO
#2 Will the player be worth more the following year. YES

IMO, Graham is as deserving as Ruud and Haye.

You're making the common mistake of giving Graham the credit for what the players drafted at 23, 35 and 59 did.

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#7 : May 17, 2008, 01:01:16 PM

at the end of the day, who really cares how much Graham makes?  The entire NFL is well under the cap, so as long as it doesnt have any effect on the cap, what difference does it make?

Graham did produce like a first string tailback, and his contract was based on him being a special teams performer.  His role is different, and he wants more money.  Whats the big deal?

If you get promoted based on merit at work, you'd want more money too.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#8 : May 17, 2008, 01:12:11 PM

Hate,

What crystal ball are you using to say he will be worth more?

Maybe he's another Williams or Clayton.

When one player gets all the reps in games, his stats are going to be high. Think the same thing happened to Graham as happened to the other 2.

With 2 other supposed serviceable backs do you really believe Graham will repeat those numbers? I don't.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

#9 : May 17, 2008, 01:24:24 PM

You're making the common mistake of giving Graham the credit for what the players drafted at 23, 35 and 59 did.

Seems you are the one mistaken.

I give Graham the credit for being the most complete back on the roster. He brings more to the field than our heralded 1st rd draft pick and should be rewarded as such.

Nowhere have I said he deserves $5-6 mil per year but he surely deserves an adjustment to his $600k.... especially considering that we're giving Dunn $3mil.

JC510

Practice Squad

#10 : May 17, 2008, 01:34:37 PM

Seems you are the one mistaken.

I give Graham the credit for being the most complete back on the roster. He brings more to the field than our heralded 1st rd draft pick and should be rewarded as such.

Nowhere have I said he deserves $5-6 mil per year but he surely deserves an adjustment to his $600k.... especially considering that we're giving Dunn $3mil.

Just curious, how many yards do you think Cadillac would have had vs Carolina if he didn't get hurt? Just give me a number.

#11 : May 17, 2008, 01:52:41 PM

Just curious, how many yards do you think Cadillac would have had vs Carolina if he didn't get hurt? Just give me a number.

You joking right? You come back at me with a "what-if"?

JC510

Practice Squad

#12 : May 17, 2008, 01:57:11 PM

You joking right? You come back at me with a "what-if"?

You can't just answer the question?

JC510

Practice Squad

#13 : May 17, 2008, 02:03:36 PM

And when Graham finally gets a play over 30 yards then you talk about how much more he brings than Cadillac.

Sorry but we can find guys off the street to just run behind Joseph, Trueblood and Sears and then go down.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#14 : May 17, 2008, 02:16:55 PM

And when Graham finally gets a play over 30 yards then you talk about how much more he brings than Cadillac.

Sorry but we can find guys off the street to just run behind Joseph, Trueblood and Sears and then go down.

Forget the 30+ yard runs, Graham is valuable bacause of the 4 yard runs he gets consistently, which is something Caddy could never do.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Allen holds all the cards in contract extension. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools