Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Allen holds all the cards in contract extension. « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

#75 : May 18, 2008, 04:12:26 PM

Graham has been relegated to ST duty for the simple fact that he's just not that talented. If you liked what he did last year, try and project how a back that actually has a good amount of talent would do.

Graham has a lot more talent than he gets credit for.  What has been his biggest drawback is his pedestrian speed.  He's been able to overcome that with great vision and determination.  Graham's biggest "talent" is the fact that he always gets his chunk and doesn't go down or go backwards.  So many more "talented" backs get their good YPC averages like this:  0,1,-1,3,2,76.  Graham's stat line is 4,4,4,4,4.  Which is much more productive for a ball-control offense.

To whom much is given, much is required.  Did we hear anything about a BJ Askew contract?  No because that guy stepped up, played hurt, rehabbed the off season, and is now attending OTA's.  He's acting like someone who DESERVED a rasise...

That's kinda the whole point here.  Graham was very likely gonna get some love.  But he had to be a tool and try and push it rather than just going along and getting it when it was time.  He is also apparently asking for some high$ -- I can't see us balking over a moderate raise with incentives to push it up.  You don't hold out when you and the team are in the general ballpark.  You hold out when there's miles to go...

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#76 : May 18, 2008, 04:23:04 PM

Allen noted EG wasn't in for OTA's last year - much ado about nothing?  It has some potential...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#77 : May 18, 2008, 05:33:06 PM

Allen holds all the cards in contract extension and should be selective on who he extends. As PR has stated Allen has until Feb to extend the contract of certain players. Before you give a player a new contract you have to consider:

#1 Do you have a young emerging player ready to take over that position.
#2 Will the player be worth more the following year.

The next contract the Bucs should extend is:
Ruud
Haye

If they both play the way they did last year they will command top dollar in 09

The Bucs should wait on contracts for Garcia and Graham.

Lets apply your criteria to Graham.

#1 Do you have a young emerging player ready to take over that position. NO
#2 Will the player be worth more the following year. YES

IMO, Graham is as deserving as Ruud and Haye.

NO WAY. Running backs are dime a dozen in this league. You can draft guys in the 3rd-5th rounds every single year who can contribute from Day 1. A young MLB and DT with the talent and productivity of Ruud and Haye are rare.

Graham was undrafted, and the last 2 years in the 7th round we got guys in Darby and Boyd who can probably be as good as him given the same opportunity.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#78 : May 18, 2008, 05:35:08 PM

We have a winner!!!!

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

#79 : May 19, 2008, 08:36:04 AM

Random thoughts...

I was under the impression that EG never attended voluntary OTA's.

If I'm EG, I'm stupid if I don't have an agent to get me to my next contract (what more perfect opportunity?)

What if the FO is holding off on contracts til after training camp in both EG and JG's cases?  Both of them COULD get beat out as the
starter...  ...   I'd bet both camps are thinking that...

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#80 : May 19, 2008, 09:41:47 AM

Allen noted EG wasn't in for OTA's last year - much ado about nothing? It has some potential...
Probably. I would bet there is a lot more communication going to behind the scenes between Graham and the Bucs that no one on here knows about and whatever we hear in the media is just Rosenhaus squawking as a marketing campaign for new clients.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

#81 : May 19, 2008, 01:41:40 PM

Random thoughts...

I was under the impression that EG never attended voluntary OTA's.

If I'm EG, I'm stupid if I don't have an agent to get me to my next contract (what more perfect opportunity?)

What if the FO is holding off on contracts til after training camp in both EG and JG's cases?  Both of them COULD get beat out as the
starter...  ...   I'd bet both camps are thinking that...

Problem is EG picked the wrong agent.  He's being used.  Used to keverage Garcia's deal.  Graham is due some love, and he was gonna get it, and still will.  But it appears DR is asking for crazy money (or it likely would have happened by now, or be very close).  I think DR is thinking that he'll ask for big$$ for both, and then say "OK, I'll take less for Graham if you give more for Garcia".  He's trying to leverage having the 2 biggest (he believes) pieces of our O in his pocket.

#82 : May 19, 2008, 02:36:50 PM

Problem is EG picked the wrong agent. He's being used. Used to keverage Garcia's deal.

This is the 2nd time i've read that from you..... what does Graham have to do with Garcia's deal?

#83 : May 19, 2008, 04:25:53 PM

Problem is EG picked the wrong agent. He's being used. Used to keverage Garcia's deal.

This is the 2nd time i've read that from you..... what does Graham have to do with Garcia's deal?

Actually that's my bad, I thought DR had Jeff too....oopsie....

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#84 : May 19, 2008, 04:47:59 PM

Allen noted EG wasn't in for OTA's last year - much ado about nothing? It has some potential...
Probably. I would bet there is a lot more communication going to behind the scenes between Graham and the Bucs that no one on here knows about and whatever we hear in the media is just Rosenhaus squawking as a marketing campaign for new clients.

FRG - it doesn't happen often - I believe we just agreed - 5/19/08 - marking that bad boy right on the bucc's calendar...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Allen holds all the cards in contract extension. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools