Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2007 Bucs Draft « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Buc31

Starter

« #15 : December 12, 2006, 05:18:11 PM »

Only take Thomas if Quinn is gone, but I like this draft alot. I'd be very happy if this was the 07 draft. But from everything I've read Merriweather will be a 2nd rounder.

Agreed, really like Merriweather he's a playmaker and likes to TACKLE can't let him slip away. I just hope with all this talk of Joe Thomas that he doesn't end up like Robert Gallery!

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #16 : December 12, 2006, 05:23:21 PM »

Yeah anything can happen, sure Gallery is a bust, but you can't win unless you are willing to lose!

For DT guys, some may agree with me some may not but Marcus Thomas IMHO is without a doubt the best DT in this class and a picture perfect one gap penetrating DT. I know he was booted puffing the magic dragon but, what was he 2 sacks away from the FLA. HS state record in HS? He was dominant this year and I feel that if we want him we will be in a great spot to get him either with our 2nd 2nd round pick from Indy or with our 3rd pick in the 3rd round (we would have to do the balancing act there). He is our safety valve in my eyes. The guys is a stud inside and has some off the field issues, a guy that wore 99 in the pewter did the same in his college days.

Baghead #2

« #17 : December 12, 2006, 05:28:25 PM »

Yeah I think we should take a flyer on MT in R3. He's like a mini-Sapp

acacius

Hall of Famer

« #18 : December 12, 2006, 05:34:43 PM »

Yeah I think we should take a flyer on MT in R3. He's like a mini-Sapp

It all comes down to the interviews to me.  Right now, I'd just as soon NOT see him on the team, but if the team does go with him, I'll assume they have reason to believe he worth it.

pewter4life55

Practice Squad

« #19 : December 12, 2006, 05:35:28 PM »

we need a stud DT more so than a stud DE

DE is very deep this year, so it represents good value in the top of the second round.  Contrary its a very thin year for DT and im happy with giving Wyms a shot at under tackle with Bradley or possibly a FA rotating in.

pewter4life55

Practice Squad

« #20 : December 12, 2006, 05:44:43 PM »

MT has a serious drug problem.  Remember he got kicked off his team for repeated use.  What’s wrong with Wyms?

« #21 : December 12, 2006, 05:47:30 PM »

MT has a serious drug problem. Remember he got kicked off his team for repeated use. What’s wrong with Wyms?
Who said I was criticizing Wyms? I said draft a DT because we have no depth.

pewter4life55

Practice Squad

« #22 : December 12, 2006, 05:52:51 PM »

MT has a serious drug problem. Remember he got kicked off his team for repeated use. What’s wrong with Wyms?
Who said I was criticizing Wyms? I said draft a DT because we have no depth.

i agree.  but there’s so many holes that you cant fill all of them  during the draft.  with Spires and Rice both near there end with the bucs, im my opinion DE needs to be addressed first.  Wyms and Hovan im fine with starting...Bradley is a nice back up...maybe a veteran FA and that would be a nice tackle rotation IMO.

Edit: Julies Jenkins will also be in the mix for a reserve role next year.

« #23 : December 12, 2006, 05:57:10 PM »

There aren't many good FA DT's.

pewter4life55

Practice Squad

« #24 : December 12, 2006, 06:04:21 PM »

There aren't many good FA DT's.

Correct.  But there will be guys (especially after cuts) who can come in and play a reserve roll as a backup (to add depth).  I don’t think the bucs are looking for any big time free agent tackles.

shall555

Starter

« #25 : December 12, 2006, 06:50:54 PM »

I think the Bucs are satisfied with Wyms, Haye and Bradley @ UT. Add Jenkins, White and Bennett and we've got the makings of a pretty deep DL rotation. We just need better starting ends to replace Rice and Spires, and you've got 8 young DL platooning with a lot of hustle and little drop off. Hopefully, we can build our DL platoon like we had in 1999 and 2002.

Personally, I don't think White is a full time starter @ DE. He looks like an outstanding wave player and that's about it, so we'll need to draft one DE and sign another. If we absolutely had to improve our UT position, I'd like to see the Bucs trade or sign Dewayne Robertson, but I'm happy with the guys we have. Warren Sapps just don't fall off trees, so maybe we look to improve elsewhere, until there is another Warren Sapp for us.

A cheap alternative and role player could be Ian Scott from the Bears. He's a free agent next year. Maybe we can start raiding those Tampa 2 copycats?

Once we dump Rice and Spires, we'll have one of the youngest DLs in the league. Rebuilding our DL could be accomplished in one offseason!

TDTB

Second String

« #26 : December 12, 2006, 06:59:55 PM »

I wish there was a way we could get Reggie Nelson, but it doesn't seem possible. He'll go somewhere between 11-16 range.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #27 : December 12, 2006, 07:08:55 PM »

Is anyone else concerned that with all the free agents and draft picks used to try and upgrade the o-line that even a supposed top level talent like Thomas wouldn't make a difference?

Nope, no one else is concerned.

If thing fell this way I would be estatic.

And Shalla, we need a good FA DT and a draft pick nlt #3 at DT.  I would love this draft result, but prefer to see a DT in the draft. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Larry Brackins

Starter
« #28 : December 12, 2006, 07:09:09 PM »

I like Robinson. He's like Tedd Ginn, but less hyped.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

pewter4life55

Practice Squad

« #29 : December 12, 2006, 07:16:40 PM »

I like Robinson. He's like Tedd Ginn, but less hyped.

Robinson doesn’t have the upside at receiver like Ginn does but when it comes to returning kicks Robinson is right on par with Ginn if not better.  Robinson should make a major impact like Devin Hester is currently doing.
  Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2007 Bucs Draft « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools