Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2007 Bucs Draft « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Larry Brackins

Starter
« #30 : December 12, 2006, 07:17:20 PM »

I like Robinson. He's like Tedd Ginn, but less hyped.

Robinson doesn’t have the upside at receiver like Ginn does but when it comes to returning kicks Robinson is right on par with Ginn if not better. Robinson should make a major impact like Devin Hester is currently doing.
He put up better numbers then Ginn, albeit in the MAC.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #31 : December 12, 2006, 07:18:52 PM »

Devin Hester is a rare breed that comes along once in a great while.  He just broke the record for scopres on returns in a season, and for that, he is elite.  

It would be unfair to comp any college kid to Hester right now, despite Hester being a rook.  That was one helluva feat he accomplished last night.  I can say I watched that record get broke...lol...sigh.

pewter4life55

Practice Squad

« #32 : December 12, 2006, 07:21:49 PM »

Devin Hester is a rare breed that comes along once in a great while.  He just broke the record for scopres on returns in a season, and for that, he is elite. 

It would be unfair to comp any college kid to Hester right now, despite Hester being a rook.  That was one helluva feat he accomplished last night.  I can say I watched that record get broke...lol...sigh.

i guess.

but my point is Robinson physical tools match up with Hesters and Robinson has put up better return numbers in college then Hester ever did.

TDTB

Second String

« #33 : December 12, 2006, 07:29:25 PM »

Hester has had a great year returning, but who knows if he can do this well consistently.

Remember the pace Dante Hall was at for a while?

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

« #34 : December 12, 2006, 07:38:01 PM »

I would love to see Joe Thomas here in Tampa.  He could do some great things for this O-line, and he could be that dominating LT we've been looking for.

All in all, that's a great mock draft.  I agree with some of the guys that I'm upset with the lack of a DT, but hopefully we can address that somewhere else.  I like the pick of a DE, but I would love to get a guy like Justin Smith in FA.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #35 : December 12, 2006, 07:50:48 PM »

I would love to see Joe Thomas here in Tampa. He could do some great things for this O-line, and he could be that dominating LT we've been looking for.

All in all, that's a great mock draft. I agree with some of the guys that I'm upset with the lack of a DT, but hopefully we can address that somewhere else. I like the pick of a DE, but I would love to get a guy like Justin Smith in FA.

Agreed. 

But the bottom line is, the draft accomodated obvious needs that the Bucs have to have.

That being the D-line, and O-line.  It was a realisitc fnatasy draft.  I doubt it all comes to fruition, but it was well thought out.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
« #36 : December 12, 2006, 07:55:18 PM »

would thomas be a leader on the oline as well.  If so, that would be very valuable.

I guess we won't get reggie nelson whom I adore

but what about Tank Tyler?  And Marcus Thomas.  Both have been compared to Sapp in terms of talent and nastiness.

by the way, is Thomas Jones on the Bears team, our ex-Thomas Jones?  He looked good last night.  Remind me why we let him go?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #37 : December 12, 2006, 07:59:54 PM »

would thomas be a leader on the oline as well.  If so, that would be very valuable.

I guess we won't get reggie nelson whom I adore

but what about Tank Tyler?  And Marcus Thomas.  Both have been compared to Sapp in terms of talent and nastiness.

by the way, is Thomas Jones on the Bears team, our ex-Thomas Jones?  He looked good last night.  Remind me why we let him go?

Yes, it was the TJ of old.

And to ask why he was let go is debatable.  Some say it was Gruden wanted his boy Garner here, and some say TJ wanted too much money.

But Gruden did talk to Garners agent for certain, and that might have been anough to irk TJ into seeking help elsewhere.  Personally, I wish people would stop pining for this guy. 

I mean, when the Bears drafted Ced Jones, you would have thought he would have been pissed at that noption as well.  And their Adrian Petersen is a beat of a back, so relly, he is platooning with three guys...

I could care less about TJ.  That is all in the past.  If Garner would have played more than two or three games before shreddddddding the knee, I think he would have had a productive season.  Garner was a dervish, and ran and caught the ball pretty well.  I can only wish to have seen Garner more than what I did. 

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #38 : December 12, 2006, 08:04:29 PM »

10,000,000 reasons why TJones became a bear.  Bucs did not have such a sum to offer.  Out of it before it started.  Signed on the 1st day of FA as I recall, before bear could change their minds.  LOL

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

shall555

Starter

« #39 : December 12, 2006, 08:10:55 PM »

Remember Jones was the first player in the entire league to sign as a free agent. He was bolting for greener pastures. We didn't have a chance.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

« #40 : December 12, 2006, 08:15:04 PM »

Shalla, that he did, he got wind of Charlie "bad knees" Garner. The only free agent signing that rivals the Garner signing in patheticness was the Alvin Harper signing.

ranman

Pro Bowler
« #41 : December 12, 2006, 08:19:24 PM »

Nice post pewter4life.  I like how you focused on the needs as opposed to the more attractive skill positions.  I wish ........

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #42 : December 12, 2006, 08:29:13 PM »

Yeah anything can happen, sure Gallery is a bust, but you can't win unless you are willing to lose!

For DT guys, some may agree with me some may not but Marcus Thomas IMHO is without a doubt the best DT in this class and a picture perfect one gap penetrating DT. I know he was booted puffing the magic dragon but, what was he 2 sacks away from the FLA. HS state record in HS? He was dominant this year and I feel that if we want him we will be in a great spot to get him either with our 2nd 2nd round pick from Indy or with our 3rd pick in the 3rd round (we would have to do the balancing act there). He is our safety valve in my eyes. The guys is a stud inside and has some off the field issues, a guy that wore 99 in the pewter did the same in his college days.

I agree, but he has to get off the drug, and stay clean.  That issue could force him down to where bucs have a shot in 2nd round.  We will see.  He does have a lot of quick and strength.  You only have to see him on a couple of plays to know he could play on Sundays.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

« #43 : December 12, 2006, 08:42:13 PM »

I like the picks though I don't believe Meriweather's stock has fallen that low. I will say this though. If the Bucs manage to land Joe Thomas, Meriweather, Abiamiri, and Marcus Thomas, I will call that one hell of a draft.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #44 : December 12, 2006, 08:57:27 PM »

Makes me smile just thinking about it Corrupt.  I am grinning as I type. 

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2007 Bucs Draft « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools