Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What rank will the Bucs offense be this year? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#30 : May 22, 2008, 02:29:48 AM

LOL, this is your "proof" of Gruden being capable of having a good offense?

Nope, this is my "proof" to prove an idiot wrong.

Indeed.  Homeboy just got owned.

Anywho, if I had to make a blind guess, I'd say 12th.  But I'd rather just say I couldn't care less as long as we make the playoffs and have a dominant defense and pass-rush.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#31 : May 22, 2008, 07:56:38 AM

I just hope they're not "rank." As in stink it up.

Oh they will be "rank" again for sure.

Haven't upgraded much, thats for sure.

Its reassuring to have an offensive genius in charge. I am sure one of these decades he will get it right.

Lets look on the bright side, we got a new center.

Lets look on the bright side, we got a new center.

I hope that improves things. At least it means they are running out of excuses.

Oh, we have plenty of excuses. Old qb, old wr, one-dimensional feature back.

You two need to take this off line - you seem to be developing a relationship - a bit whiny - but a relationship none the less... LOL

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#32 : May 22, 2008, 09:04:45 AM

Same place we usually are with Gruden.  Bottom half of the league.  It's not like we really did much to upgrade our poor receiving corp and Gruden still refuses to hire a true offensive coordinator.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#33 : May 22, 2008, 10:40:28 PM

Yeah an offensive coordinator would really change the fact that we have little talent at WR. NOT!
I'm predicting 10th, just to annoy some of you.

In Verner We Trust

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#34 : May 23, 2008, 10:20:41 AM

Yeah an offensive coordinator would really change the fact that we have little talent at WR. NOT!
I'm predicting 10th, just to annoy some of you.
Why would a bad prediction annoy anyone? ???  I think it's kind of funny, actually.

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#35 : May 24, 2008, 11:05:02 AM

Rusty,JBF, have to agree with the top 10...mainly because we added to the oline ...a center..get back our lt...have pretty good depth with Penn,Davis,Buenning Zuttah...and the line is playing together again which just adds to it gelling...and getting better...they all hang out together...they are becoming to be a very cohehesive unit...with Faine being able to pull they will now for the first time put in a lot of screen plays...especially with Dunn and Bennett...and this is Garcias 2nd year in this offense...and he is really perfect for Grudens game plans...and excells getting the ball out of his hand ...not taking a sack ...running the screen type plays that were used so much before with Westbrook when he was in Philly....he can now do the same thing with Dunn and Bennett.
      Ya know whats hilarious people gushing how great Dunn will do here and then in the next sentence say our offense won't improve lol THAT MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL  ;D ;D ;D.

#36 : May 24, 2008, 03:08:51 PM

I think we have the potential for top 10, but only in 2 scenarios.  1) Jeff's arm holds up for an entire season or 2) we start Luke by week 4 or 5 at the latest.  (both scenarios assume no major injuries as well)

I'm not holding out much hope for 1, but if it happens we can potentially crack the top 10.

HughC

Pro Bowler

#37 : May 30, 2008, 11:08:44 AM

If I am going to predict a ranking of the Bucs offense, then I would have to compare them to other teams - and not just look at the Bucs offense.  With that in mind I can't see the Bucs being better than the Colts, Patriots, Browns, Bengals, or Jaguars in the AFC, nor the Cowboys, Eagles, Saints, or Seahawks in the NFC.  After that there's about a dozen more offenses comparable to the Bucs.  If the Bucs rank 10th then everything fell into place and worked right.  More realistically the Bucs will be middle of the pack, about 16th.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#38 : May 30, 2008, 11:50:20 AM

18-26th. I think the o-line will regress having another year to be "coached" by Muir. No running game will make it tough to pass.

#39 : May 30, 2008, 11:55:09 AM

There is wayyyyy  toooo   much  to consider here...    Last year 16th or so,  if EVERYTHING stays the same in the league (which won't happen) we would jump up a few spots (because our O has improved.)   But that said,  we could be top 5 or bottom 5 too.

W

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#40 : May 30, 2008, 05:18:33 PM

If I am going to predict a ranking of the Bucs offense, then I would have to compare them to other teams - and not just look at the Bucs offense.  With that in mind I can't see the Bucs being better than the Colts, Patriots, Browns, Bengals, or Jaguars in the AFC, nor the Cowboys, Eagles, Saints, or Seahawks in the NFC.  After that there's about a dozen more offenses comparable to the Bucs.  If the Bucs rank 10th then everything fell into place and worked right.  More realistically the Bucs will be middle of the pack, about 16th.

You can't see us being better than the Bengals??  Even with Chad throwing a hissy fit?  Even though they were horrible last year?
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What rank will the Bucs offense be this year? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools