Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will the Bucs trade for Favre? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

: May 20, 2008, 12:11:31 PM

I think it's pretty likely. We only have about 7 QB's on the roster now. It's not unlikely that Gruden goes after another. History has shown us that our FO likes to trade for QB's that are going to retire and don't want to play for us. He's also an aged vet which Chucky likes. We've still got a ton of cap room to spend on someone like this.

What do you folks think? Will Bruce pull the trigger?

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#1 : May 20, 2008, 12:13:01 PM

no

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#2 : May 20, 2008, 12:13:45 PM

Nope.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#3 : May 20, 2008, 12:25:36 PM

Don't think it'll happen. 

If we did - it'd solidify the new and improved "Monday Night Football flex Plan" where the Bucs will get at minimum 12 MNF games.

I'm all for it. 

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#4 : May 20, 2008, 12:26:38 PM

Dear god I hope not

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#5 : May 20, 2008, 01:03:23 PM

I think the question was to only show the original posters ignorance about the Bucs.

Yea, the Bucs have 7 QB's but Plummer is gone (thanks for the 7 mil you can keep the PS player that would have been picked in the 7th), Simms is gone (pick up your spleen on the way out scrub), and Gradsuckski is out of here (you had your shot and proved you just dont got the arm son).  That leaves all of FOUR QB's.  Wow an NFL team with four QB's that has to be some kind of a record.

P.S. had Plummer shown up last season Gradsuski wouldn't have been on the roster then.  Look at the facts not what you read in the paper.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#6 : May 20, 2008, 01:04:17 PM

Click. 

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#7 : May 20, 2008, 01:05:40 PM

IMO No

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#8 : May 20, 2008, 01:14:07 PM

I think the question was to only show the original posters ignorance about the Bucs.

Yea, the Bucs have 7 QB's but Plummer is gone (thanks for the 7 mil you can keep the PS player that would have been picked in the 7th), Simms is gone (pick up your spleen on the way out scrub), and Gradsuckski is out of here (you had your shot and proved you just dont got the arm son).  That leaves all of FOUR QB's.  Wow an NFL team with four QB's that has to be some kind of a record.

P.S. had Plummer shown up last season Gradsuski wouldn't have been on the roster then.  Look at the facts not what you read in the paper.
Showing my ignorance, huh?  Look at the facts, huh?  What did I state that wasn't fact?  The Bucs always go into camp with a big stable of QB.  I didn't say that the Bucs would keep them all on the 53 man roster.  And, yes, 4 QB's is a little much to have on the 53 man roster.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#9 : May 20, 2008, 01:15:42 PM

<click>

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#10 : May 20, 2008, 01:17:59 PM

Yea, the Bucs have 7 QB's but Plummer is gone (thanks for the 7 mil you can keep the PS player that would have been picked in the 7th), Simms is gone (pick up your spleen on the way out scrub), and Gradsuckski is out of here (you had your shot and proved you just dont got the arm son). That leaves all of FOUR QB's. Wow an NFL team with four QB's that has to be some kind of a record.

P.S. had Plummer shown up last season Gradsuski wouldn't have been on the roster then. Look at the facts not what you read in the paper.
Showing my ignorance, huh? Look at the facts, huh? What did I state that wasn't fact? The Bucs always go into camp with a big stable of QB. I didn't say that the Bucs would keep them all on the 53 man roster. And, yes, 4 QB's is a little much to have on the 53 man roster.

You stated that is was likely and that it wasn't unlikely.  Neither are facts and are the basis for your entire post.  This is the single dumbest post I've seen in a very long time.  

Pewter Spot

Pro Bowler

#11 : May 20, 2008, 01:23:08 PM

The Bucs won't have 4 QB's on the 53-man roster.

1. Jeff Garcia
2. Luke McCown
3. Brian Griese

Josh Johnson wil be signed and then moved to the Practice Squad where he can sit for up to 3 seasons without fear of him being picked up through waivers.

Jake Plummer is not going to be on the 53-man roster JUST LIKE HE WASN'T LAST YEAR!
Bruce Gradkowski will be cut before TC
Chris Simms will likely be cut before TC also

NO! On Brett Favre.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#12 : May 20, 2008, 01:26:57 PM

Why is 4 QB's to much to have on the 53 man roster?  How many times does the 53rd man see on the field?  How did having Buenning and Davis on the roster last season negatively affect how the team played?  They both counted on the 53 man roster and neither saw the field.  How many teams made it through the year with their starter?  How many teams used more then 2 QB's?  

You only needed one sentence to prove your ignorance.  "History has shown us that our FO likes to trade for QB's that are going to retire and don't want to play for us."  The FO liked Plummer because they thought he would play for a team other then the Broncos and thought he had some juice left in the tank.  As a number two QB he would have been a great fit.  They made a smart trade with the Broncos giving up a 4th if he shows or a 7th if he doesn't.  With his rights they also get 7 mil if he doesn't show up.  tell me where the fault in their logic lies?

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#13 : May 20, 2008, 01:29:10 PM

The Bucs won't have 4 QB's on the 53-man roster.

1. Jeff Garcia
2. Luke McCown
3. Brian Griese

Josh Johnson wil be signed and then moved to the Practice Squad where he can sit for up to 3 seasons without fear of him being picked up through waivers.

Jake Plummer is not going to be on the 53-man roster JUST LIKE HE WASN'T LAST YEAR!
Bruce Gradkowski will be cut before TC
Chris Simms will likely be cut before TC also

NO! On Brett Favre.

Any time you place a player on the PS he has to clear wavers without signing onto another team.  Also, once the player is on the PS he can be signed by any team at any time.  Johnson was not drafted to be placed on the PS.  there is a 10% chance he ends up there this year.  The only reason I give it 10% is because I "never" say never.

Pewter Spot

Pro Bowler

#14 : May 20, 2008, 01:32:35 PM

Not to mention Jake Plummer is just 33 years old and has atleast 5 more years left in the tank. So it was a great trade and your saying that "history has shown us that our FO likes to trade for QB's that are going to retire and don't want to play for us" is quite rediculous considering we've been around for 33 years and traded once FOR a QB that chose retirement instead of continuing his NFL career with us.

It may not be ignornace but something else is surely blinding you.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will the Bucs trade for Favre? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools