Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will the Bucs trade for Favre? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#30 : May 20, 2008, 02:14:36 PM

Not to mention Jake Plummer is just 33 years old and has atleast 5 more years left in the tank. So it was a great trade and your saying that "history has shown us that our FO likes to trade for QB's that are going to retire and don't want to play for us" is quite rediculous considering we've been around for 33 years and traded once FOR a QB that chose retirement instead of continuing his NFL career with us.

It may not be ignornace but something else is surely blinding you.
The current FO has been around for 33 years? You guys are funny.

Funny? Notice the quote I used from your post? You didn't say current. You said our FO has a history...not our current FO has a history.
So you consider all of the different people that we've had in the FO over the years to have the same habits?  Interesting.......

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#31 : May 20, 2008, 02:14:56 PM

You stated that is was likely and that it wasn't unlikely. Neither are facts and are the basis for your entire post. This is the single dumbest post I've seen in a very long time.
Apparently you don't have the best comprehension skills. When someone says, "I think......." that doesn't mean that they are stating it as a fact.

Well let's see...

Showing my ignorance, huh? Look at the facts, huh? What did I state that wasn't fact? The Bucs always go into camp with a big stable of QB. I didn't say that the Bucs would keep them all on the 53 man roster. And, yes, 4 QB's is a little much to have on the 53 man roster.

Apparently you can't understand your own words. The entire basis of your post is based on what you think, so why are you asking us to look at the facts? There are none! Thanks for making my point for me. That was too easy!
HA!
We both know that you're the one that brought up "facts", sweety. Now just log off and leave the football talk to the men.

Hahaha!  I haven't got someone to give up that fast in years!  Glad to see one more noob on the board that I can crush in less than 5 posts. 
Deflection noted.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#32 : May 20, 2008, 02:14:59 PM

What can 7 mil do to help the Bucs organization.  Well for starters they could use the money to build a Buc HOF building or ring of honor.  They could use the money to buy more training equipment.  Hell they could use the money to blow their nose for all I care.  How many 7th round picks make the team in any given year?  Not many even if you consider the entire NFL.  Add the fact that the FO was able to trade down in the draft and get a 7th round pick anyway and what did we lose?  Con on man you can make a better argument for why the FO and Gruden is a joke then this.  This isn't even worth fighting about anymore, you are just making yourself look like a fool.

Pewter Spot

Pro Bowler

#33 : May 20, 2008, 02:15:14 PM

F-N-G

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#34 : May 20, 2008, 02:16:44 PM

You stated that is was likely and that it wasn't unlikely. Neither are facts and are the basis for your entire post. This is the single dumbest post I've seen in a very long time.
Apparently you don't have the best comprehension skills. When someone says, "I think......." that doesn't mean that they are stating it as a fact.

Well let's see...

Showing my ignorance, huh? Look at the facts, huh? What did I state that wasn't fact? The Bucs always go into camp with a big stable of QB. I didn't say that the Bucs would keep them all on the 53 man roster. And, yes, 4 QB's is a little much to have on the 53 man roster.

Apparently you can't understand your own words. The entire basis of your post is based on what you think, so why are you asking us to look at the facts? There are none! Thanks for making my point for me. That was too easy!
HA!
We both know that you're the one that brought up "facts", sweety. Now just log off and leave the football talk to the men.

Hahaha! I haven't got someone to give up that fast in years! Glad to see one more noob on the board that I can crush in less than 5 posts.
Deflection noted.

Says the guy whose post lead to that one.  This is like arguing with a toddler who's too dumb to know when he's lost! 

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#35 : May 20, 2008, 02:21:15 PM

What can 7 mil do to help the Bucs organization.  Well for starters they could use the money to build a Buc HOF building or ring of honor.  They could use the money to buy more training equipment.  Hell they could use the money to blow their nose for all I care.  How many 7th round picks make the team in any given year?  Not many even if you consider the entire NFL.  Add the fact that the FO was able to trade down in the draft and get a 7th round pick anyway and what did we lose?  Con on man you can make a better argument for why the FO and Gruden is a joke then this.  This isn't even worth fighting about anymore, you are just making yourself look like a fool.
Well I'd rather use the draft pick on a player that may help this franchise become a better team, but hey, that's just me.
Where is that 7 mil, anyways.  It's been a year, already.

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#36 : May 20, 2008, 02:22:40 PM

Says the guy whose post lead to that one.  This is like arguing with a toddler who's too dumb to know when he's lost! 
You're not keeping up there, sweety.  It's quite obvious that you can't debate football with the grown adults.

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#37 : May 20, 2008, 02:23:23 PM

F-N-G
F-N-A right!

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#38 : May 20, 2008, 02:25:38 PM

Why does it matter if the teams had them on the roster all at once?  Would you rather the team only have 3 QBs on the roster and if a fourth is needed sign Testeverde?  Thanks for deflecting the facts even when they are presented to you clearly.  Maybe you should go write for the Trip or Times hell they might even give you a few hours on 620.  As I asked and stated before and you ignored what does the 50-53rd man on the roster do to help the team?  How many games did Buenning and Roland (spent 2 games on the roster both inactive) were both on the roster at some point during the season and never saw action.  There are players in every game that do not see the field what is wrong with having an extra QB on the roster instead of Buenning last season?

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#39 : May 20, 2008, 02:27:24 PM

Plummer had until this years draft to report.  I imagine there is a time frame the team has to go buy before they can recoup money from a player.  I do not expect it can happen in one day. 

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#40 : May 20, 2008, 02:27:27 PM

Says the guy whose post lead to that one. This is like arguing with a toddler who's too dumb to know when he's lost!
You're not keeping up there, sweety. It's quite obvious that you can't debate football with the grown adults.

Let's go back through the threads here and see who stopped talking football first.  The premise to this thread is ridiculous and when it is clearly pointed out to you you call me "sweety" and tell me to log off.  That's anti-logic 101.  When you lose an argument, act like you won and maybe everyone else will believe you.  That's not going to cut it on this board.  Get up to speed quick or maybe think about reading the board a little before you decide to post.  If you'd done that you'd know this thread isn't up to par.  

I will leave you to that now and hope in the future your posts are not such... well let's just hope they're better. 

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#41 : May 20, 2008, 02:31:01 PM

Why does it matter if the teams had them on the roster all at once?  Would you rather the team only have 3 QBs on the roster and if a fourth is needed sign Testeverde?  Thanks for deflecting the facts even when they are presented to you clearly.  Maybe you should go write for the Trip or Times hell they might even give you a few hours on 620.  As I asked and stated before and you ignored what does the 50-53rd man on the roster do to help the team?  How many games did Buenning and Roland (spent 2 games on the roster both inactive) were both on the roster at some point during the season and never saw action.  There are players in every game that do not see the field what is wrong with having an extra QB on the roster instead of Buenning last season?
Look at our roster and try to narrow it down to 53.  It's tough.  You need depth at OL.  A lot of injuries happen there.  Are you ok with the Zuttah pick?  Did you ever think that there might be a reason that no other teams in the league had more than 3 QB's on their roster at once?  Are you just smarter than all of the other coaches/GM's in the league?

Pewter Spot

Pro Bowler

#42 : May 20, 2008, 02:33:43 PM

Hey F-N-G, before you bash the Bucs for not recouping any $ from Plummer just yet why don't you try to figure out why they haven't instead?

Here's some excerpts from one of the lastest reports about the Bucs and Plummer from PFT...

BUCS DONE WITH PLUMMER, BUT NOT YET SIMMS
Posted by Michael David Smith on April 2, 2008, 7:34 p.m. EDT

Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Jon Gruden says he has accepted that one of the quarterbacks he has under contract, Jake Plummer, will never be a Buc, but that he still holds out hope for another of his quarterbacks, Chris Simms.

Tampa Bay isn’t completely done with Plummer: The team says that when it acquired Plummer in a trade with the Broncos, it also acquired the right to force Plummer to pay back a portion of the bonus money he received from the Broncos. That issue has not yet been resolved, but what has been resolved is that Plummer is done playing in the NFL.

I thought I read elsewhere that the Bucs were eyeing a date with an arbitrator around Mid-June, so this may be settled fairly soon.

Maybe if you ask nice enough JF or SR may give some insight on if they've heard anything about this topic.

#43 : May 20, 2008, 02:34:34 PM

You're not arguing with a toddler, you're argiung with a troll.  Shame on you.

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#44 : May 20, 2008, 02:35:18 PM

Says the guy whose post lead to that one. This is like arguing with a toddler who's too dumb to know when he's lost!
You're not keeping up there, sweety. It's quite obvious that you can't debate football with the grown adults.

Let's go back through the threads here and see who stopped talking football first.  The premise to this thread is ridiculous and when it is clearly pointed out to you you call me "sweety" and tell me to log off.  That's anti-logic 101.  When you lose an argument, act like you won and maybe everyone else will believe you.  That's not going to cut it on this board.  Get up to speed quick or maybe think about reading the board a little before you decide to post.  If you'd done that you'd know this thread isn't up to par. 

I will leave you to that now and hope in the future your posts are not such... well let's just hope they're better. 
I started the thread and people started calling me ignorant so I made some informed post back to some to try to enhance their knowledge and took some shots back at some others.
Yep....definitely not up to par for this board.  I'll be right back.  I'm going to go read the thread about us trading for Lee Evans.
 ::)
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will the Bucs trade for Favre? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools