Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dunn doesn't want bit role « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

#30 : May 21, 2008, 01:55:37 AM

I think it has more to do with EG than with Caddy. EG is a marginally talented back. I know a lot of fans want to believe he's a stud, but he's not. He's Samkon Gado. He can easily be replaced by half the FA's and unsigneds out there, or most any Rd3 or 4 back. Sorry, but that's the truth of it. Too many people are letting fandom blind their eyes to it, much like the mad Garcia love out there.

While I agree with your bewilderment over the Garcia love, we disagree about EG. I happen to feel he's a far better back than the guy that we drafted as our feature back... thus I feel he deserves to be compensated. Not an unGodly number, but something fair for both sides.

I agree onthe caddy reference.  But EG just showed what a back that can catch can do in this O.  No telgraphing punches like we had to with Caddy.  Graham is a BACKUP.  Give him an extension to reflect that.

Caddy was lame because he couldn't catch and everyone knew it.  Graham just got the chance to show how important hands are for a RB in this O.  But he's going to be blown out of the water by Bennet and Dunn, he doesn't have the horses to compete.  Graham is going to be lucky to get snaps at all, let alone being the 'feature'....

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#31 : May 21, 2008, 08:59:37 AM

Actually if given a chance Graham will show how much better he is than Dunn or Bennett.  Dunn/Bennett are rotation players at best at this point in their careers and neither one is able to be a feature back.

Graham will be the feature back unless he holds out.  I don't see a back on the roster that is better than him currently.

#32 : May 22, 2008, 01:31:26 PM

Can't agree with that Doc. He played like a damn good starter for 10 games..... much better than any ten game stretch of the guy we drafted to be our feature back.

There's just a little bit of a difference between running behind Sean Mahan vs running behind Arron Sears, no?

Maybe you missed this...

Running behind the same line, 43% of Caddy's carries were for 2 yards or less.  Graham's consistent yardage helped keep the chains moving and allowed more freedom in playcalling.  That's not even considering his receiving ability, which makes him even more valuable to the offense.

I think I'm on record as not being a Caddy fan, but those stats are misleading.  As I mentioned when Graham first started getting time, I expected the running game to improve with him, simply because he could catch.  There's a "risk" factor on Defense that Caddy never generated.  They knew he was running.  You also have to look at those yards early in the season and realize the line was just put together and not consistent yet -- Graham didn't average any better in the early going, it wasn't until week 7 that he broke out of "2.x YPC" territory himself.

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#33 : May 21, 2008, 12:50:03 PM

Actually if given a chance Graham will show how much better he is than Dunn or Bennett. Dunn/Bennett are rotation players at best at this point in their careers and neither one is able to be a feature back.

Graham will be the feature back unless he holds out. I don't see a back on the roster that is better than him currently.

He may end up being OUR feature back, but do you really think he is anything special? He may grind out yards here and there but he is not brutally strong, or very fast or agile I think when teams see EG on the field they focus on stopping the pass. It makes for an easier road. Caddy or even Dunn can take it home if they get a step on you, EG can outrun a DT and that's about it.
I think $600K is about the money he is worth. Then again its not my money so if they want to overpay him go for it.

#34 : May 21, 2008, 01:08:06 PM

Carnell is not fast.

Sactobuc

Starter

#35 : May 21, 2008, 05:04:31 PM

Carnell is not fast.

Nope, he runs looking over his shoulder all the time.... BTW, anybody know what the hell a "bit role" is

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"They thought it was the end of the world, The day they heard the pirates sing-But the only treasure for a Buccaneer, Is a Super Bowl Ring\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#36 : May 21, 2008, 08:14:00 PM

I dont think you guys realize that Graham showed last year that he not only should be a featured back, but he is on the verge of stardom. The guy was one of the best if not the best all purpose back for a long stretch last year. The guy should be paid #1 money and be the starter from day 1.

#37 : May 21, 2008, 08:44:51 PM

I dont think you guys realize that Graham showed last year that he not only should be a featured back, but he is on the verge of stardom. The guy was one of the best if not the best all purpose back for a long stretch last year. The guy should be paid #1 money and be the starter from day 1.

I don't think you realize what a homer you sound like.  All Graham showed was that he could be a good backup. 

#38 : May 21, 2008, 08:57:51 PM

Can't agree with that Doc. He played like a damn good starter for 10 games..... much better than any ten game stretch of the guy we drafted to be our feature back.

JC510

Practice Squad

#39 : May 21, 2008, 09:23:19 PM

There's just a little bit of a difference between running behind Sean Mahan vs running behind  Arron Sears, no?

#40 : May 21, 2008, 10:26:11 PM

There's just a little bit of a difference between running behind Sean Mahan vs running behind Arron Sears, no?

What does Mahan have to do with a certain rb's inability to be involved in the passing game AND stay healthy?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#41 : May 21, 2008, 10:47:40 PM

Maybe you missed this...

Running behind the same line, 43% of Caddy's carries were for 2 yards or less.  Graham's consistent yardage helped keep the chains moving and allowed more freedom in playcalling.  That's not even considering his receiving ability, which makes him even more valuable to the offense.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#42 : May 21, 2008, 11:03:52 PM

Keep kicking the kid while he rehabs from a career threatening injury guys.  It's all fair and good - right - like it matters this year? 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

#43 : May 21, 2008, 11:19:18 PM

I was kickin him prior to his latest injury so i don't feel bad one bit.

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#44 : May 22, 2008, 09:21:48 AM

hate...lol...when he comes back he'll take some of those 18 to 20 of your idol wd...hope they teach him how to catch while hes rehabbing....prop him up on his crutches in front of that passing machine for 500 a day....that'll kill em or cure him.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dunn doesn't want bit role « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools