Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dunn doesn't want bit role « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#75 : May 25, 2008, 02:00:05 AM

Here are Dunn's career stats.

http://www.nfl.com/players/warrickdunn/profile?id=DUN705495&campaign=Google_NFLPlayer_WarrickDunn

Here are Pittmans.

http://www.nfl.com/players/michaelpittman/profile?id=PIT226738&campaign=Google_NFLPlayer_MichaelPittman

No question in my mind who the better player is.

Yeah. An Dunn buys single mothers homes, while pittman just tries to run them over.

HughC

Pro Bowler

#76 : May 25, 2008, 02:07:13 AM

I just hope Graham does not become the new Errict Rhett....with all the bad advice!

Funny, I was just about to post the same exact line.
Hopefully Graham is not one and Dunn.

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#77 : May 25, 2008, 08:47:50 AM

True, Bruce has all the leverage. But Graham has to at least TRY to posture for more money. He has earned it, after all.

All Graham has earned is the privilege to come to TC and compete for the starting RB position...IMO

You must be accountable for your actions!

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#78 : May 25, 2008, 11:52:27 AM

True, Bruce has all the leverage. But Graham has to at least TRY to posture for more money. He has earned it, after all.

All Graham has earned is the privilege to come to TC and compete for the starting RB position...IMO

agreed.  he has earned a shot but the "Frank Gore money" stuff that I've heard is comical.  graham is a solid player who filled in admirably when he was forced into action but he isnt the super hero some make him out to be.  like donald penn, graham is a nice story of a hard working guy rising up from the practice squad to make the team and be productive when forced into the lineup due to injury.  both players have value but neither are indispensble.  if Pettigout is healthy then he has the inside track on that job, even if the coaching staff talks up penn.  Likewise on Graham, even if he was showing up to OTAs and mini-camps I'm not so sure that Dunn wouldnt still be ahead of him on the depth chart.  You can bet if Caddy was healthy Gruden would have him taking reps with the 1st team offense, despite what Graham did last year.

Or to borrower another comparison from another PR poster, Graham is Nick Goings.  Undrafted FA RB without elite measurables who worked his way onto the team as a ST contributer/3rd string back and who was a productive starter when injuries forced him into the lineup.  Sound familiar? Did Carolina sign him to a fat extension when he stepped in for Stephen Davis and Foster a few years ago?  when those guys were healthy Goings resumed his previous role.  If Graham finally shows up and works his butt off he deserves a chance to compete for the starting job.  but right now, he is looking up at Dunn and Bennett on the depth chart and rightfully so. 

HughC

Pro Bowler

#79 : May 30, 2008, 12:38:23 PM

Actually if given a chance Graham will show how much better he is than Dunn or Bennett. Dunn/Bennett are rotation players at best at this point in their careers and neither one is able to be a feature back.

Graham will be the feature back unless he holds out. I don't see a back on the roster that is better than him currently.
Personally I like the idea of a Graham/Dunn rotation.  The last few years have shown that a two-back rotation is a better plan than the "feature back" concept that had been in place for quite a while.  Better to keep a RB fresh for the 4th quarter of a game and the last quarter of the season.  Eleven big guys trying to lay some hurt on one smaller guy 300-400 times a year is a recipe for low productivity when you need it the most.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#80 : May 31, 2008, 11:49:14 AM

Two back rotations is a fad that comes and goes every five years.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#81 : May 31, 2008, 11:57:26 AM

I'm sorry but I still disagree. Warrick Dunn is a better blocker and a better reciever as well.

463 4,009 8.7 86 15  for Dunn

415 3,400 8.2 68 8  for Pittman.

And btw, who's scarier in the open field? Dunn or Pittman?

Depends if Pittman has his guns out
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dunn doesn't want bit role « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools