Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Peter King - Mckay negotiated the Ryan deal « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 12

Lamond

Hall of Famer

: May 21, 2008, 06:42:12 PM

I'm sure BA could get all of the deals he wants done. As long as we pay through the nose, like Atlanta just did.

Agent Orange

Starter

#1 : May 21, 2008, 05:59:57 PM

I thought everyone said that McKay wasn't going to have anything to do with football operations any more. What happened to that one...I told you he's in charge. They just needed to settle down their fans. I'll be he had a lot to do with their draft again as well. Intelligent football minds know that McKay is one of the best front office people in the league. While we're choking all offseason with zero big free agent signings they once again took care of business, racked up draft picks, and are in the process of rebuilding their team. All the while we're having problems with our QB complaining to the media and our starting tailback might hold out. Yet you guys are laughing at McKay for getting the job done.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#2 : May 21, 2008, 05:39:14 PM

I think it was a fair contract given the circumstances.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#3 : May 21, 2008, 10:36:40 AM

Peter King just said on Sirius that Rich McKay went to Ryan's agent Tom Condon and said "What do we need to do to get this deal done early?"  Condon then presented outrageous contract numbers to McKay.  Condon knew that the franchise was desperate to get this guy into camp on time and got his player a wonderful deal.  The Falcons get dooped again. 

Randy Cross said that the drafting of Ryan was more of a P.R. decision than a football decision.  King said that his face would look good on a billboard on I-85. 

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler
#4 : May 21, 2008, 10:44:09 AM

His fingerprints are all over it

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#5 : May 21, 2008, 11:07:54 AM

Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me 8 or 9 times, I must be Rich McKay.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#6 : May 21, 2008, 12:00:29 PM

McKay said he experienced a holdout while with Tampa Bay when the Buccaneers drafted quarterback Trent Dilfer No. 6 overall in 1994.

"I really felt it affected the player and it affected the franchise," McKay said.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8124162

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

Snook

Hall of Famer
#7 : May 21, 2008, 12:09:28 PM

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#8 : May 21, 2008, 12:10:30 PM

McKay said he experienced a holdout while with Tampa Bay when the Buccaneers drafted quarterback Trent Dilfer No. 6 overall in 1994.

"I really felt it affected the player and it affected the franchise," McKay said.

So that's why Dilfer overthrew his receivers by 15 yards on a consistent basis.  A shame to see McKay is not going to have that problem with Ryan...

Snook

Hall of Famer
#9 : May 21, 2008, 12:12:26 PM

Dmitroff (sp?) is nothing more than a figure head.  I haven't seen any quotes from him on this deal.  But then again, I haven't looked hard enough.  I'm sure he wasn't pleased with the deal coming from the very well negotiated Patriots organization.

McKay is still GM in Atlanta.  And I couldn't be happier.

See you Week 2 in the Ray Jay. 

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#10 : May 21, 2008, 12:32:12 PM

You think deep down McKay's just afraid of conflict?  Sure Mr. Agent, take what you want.  I don't want to argue with you. 

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#11 : May 21, 2008, 12:39:38 PM

McKay is a joke. I would make a better GM than him in regards to contract, and probably in regards to character and skill. This guy is only in the nfl now because of his dad. Cant say the same for Bruce Allen, he has earned his keep as a viable NFL GM.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#12 : May 21, 2008, 12:49:40 PM

It's hard to argue the Falcons didn't overpay, but at the end of the day we're only talking $1-2 million worth of bonus money. It's not that big a deal. What is going to affect the Falcons is whether the kid can play or not, not whether a little extra bonus money prevented them from paying a #3 tight end.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#13 : May 21, 2008, 12:52:01 PM

If that's true, then all I have to say is wow, just wow. Those who do not learn from history...

Snook

Hall of Famer
#14 : May 21, 2008, 04:08:03 PM

McKay is a joke. I would make a better GM than him in regards to contract, and probably in regards to character and skill. This guy is only in the nfl now because of his dad. Cant say the same for Bruce Allen, he has earned his keep as a viable NFL GM.

Notice how he mentioned something from his Tampa days...  He doesn't want people to forget that because now that he's in Atlanta and on his own, he's proven he's a moron.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Peter King - Mckay negotiated the Ryan deal « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools