Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: With all this talk of Garcia. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
: December 12, 2006, 07:09:20 PM

Does Brunell have a shot to be signed here?  I think he has the same qualities that Garcia has.  A little bit of mobility, limited range on the arm, a bit of vet saavy...

Larry Brackins

Starter
#1 : December 12, 2006, 07:15:49 PM

Please God no. I don't think Brunell is a "Gruden type" QB. He has a big arm (or at least did) and is left handed. I think we could have a younger version of that.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 12, 2006, 07:17:02 PM

Yeah, but Brunell is mobile like Grads is.  NOt so fast anymore, but able to grab five on a bust.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 12, 2006, 07:18:24 PM

Does Brunell have a shot to be signed here?  I think he has the same qualities that Garcia has.  A little bit of mobility, limited range on the arm, a bit of vet saavy...

If Simms stays Brunell would be a great back-up/mentor.  Garcia fits the system better, and I think he has more in the tank.  He would be ideal to play a year while a young QB learns behind him.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#4 : December 12, 2006, 07:20:14 PM

Hey MJS, want to see if he is a FA next year?  And if not, how much does he make?

I shudder at the thought because Snyder was his check signer, and we all know how he rolls....

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 12, 2006, 07:21:51 PM

Hey MJS, want to see if he is a FA next year?  And if not, how much does he make?

I shudder at the thought because Snyder was his check signer, and we all know how he rolls....

Brunell is scheduled to make over $5 million next year, so he will probably be cut/

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 12, 2006, 07:22:22 PM

please say no to Brunell, please.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#7 : December 12, 2006, 07:23:29 PM

Does Brunell have a shot to be signed here?  I think he has the same qualities that Garcia has.  A little bit of mobility, limited range on the arm, a bit of vet saavy...

If Simms stays Brunell would be a great back-up/mentor.  Garcia fits the system better, and I think he has more in the tank.  He would be ideal to play a year while a young QB learns behind him.

That all true, and boy would it be fun having Chris here for another shot at starting.  J/K with ya MJS.  

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 12, 2006, 07:24:31 PM

2 guys I absolutely can not stomach in a bucs uniform:

Brunell and Plummer...  Their acts are over, they bring nothing to the table that we can use.

I want Garcia.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 12, 2006, 07:25:22 PM

Does Brunell have a shot to be signed here?  I think he has the same qualities that Garcia has.  A little bit of mobility, limited range on the arm, a bit of vet saavy...

That all true, and boy would it be fun having Chris here for another shot at starting.  J/K with ya MJS.  

I have no problem with Simms starting IF: Gruden changesadjusts his playbook; RT is up-graded; and Simms actually makes steady progress.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#10 : December 12, 2006, 07:27:44 PM

Five million?

Holy cow!!!

Snyder is a madman.

So you think he will be cut MJS?  The QB depth is pretty thin right now, and with Snyder of the deep pockets making the arrangements, it would not suprise me to see him go after Garcia himself...

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#11 : December 12, 2006, 07:28:05 PM

I second that becoming reality Turbo.  He is the one, and has been for a couple of years.  Maybe this year now that the bucs have some money to spend.

And MJS, I agree with your thoughts.  That said, I can hear your initial reaction if he is signed, prior to his needed improvement.  We would be talkin' ya down man.  

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#12 : December 12, 2006, 07:29:01 PM

2 guys I absolutely can not stomach in a bucs uniform:

Brunell and Plummer...  Their acts are over, they bring nothing to the table that we can use.

I want Garcia.

And FWIW Turbs, I don't think I am quite sold on Garcia just yet.  IF his next few games are total flameouts, then what would yousay about him?

I think the GArcia threads would all come toa grinding halt.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 12, 2006, 07:29:56 PM

for the record, I don't want Simms back either...

Gruden is not going to change his playbook for anybody.  No need to visit that nightmare again.  Cut the strings and turn him loose...

Bring in Garcia and be done with it.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 12, 2006, 07:30:58 PM

We would be talkin' ya down man.  

This team has had me on the ledge so often I don't need talkin' down......pushing me off might be kinder.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: With all this talk of Garcia. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools