Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: With all this talk of Garcia. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 12, 2006, 07:32:07 PM

2 guys I absolutely can not stomach in a bucs uniform:

Brunell and Plummer... Their acts are over, they bring nothing to the table that we can use.

I want Garcia.

And FWIW Turbs, I don't think I am quite sold on Garcia just yet. IF his next few games are total flameouts, then what would yousay about him?

I think the GArcia threads would all come toa grinding halt.

you may be right, but Brunell would provide me no thrill in looking forward to next season, same with Plummer.  He is an int. machine, and we had enough of that with frickin' Brian "I THROW PICKS AT THE WORST TIMES" Griese...

I honestly think Gruden could work wonders with garcia, but Brunell and Plummer are donebar!

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 12, 2006, 07:32:58 PM

We would be talkin' ya down man. 

This team has had me on the ledge so often I don't need talkin' down......pushing me off might be kinder.

oddly enough, our past couple of loses have had no effect on me, I have become, comfortably numb...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 12, 2006, 07:34:19 PM

Another thing on Garcia.  The man is 36, yet has been in the league all of a whopping 8 seasons.  How the hell does that happen?  Did he start going to San Jose at age 24?  So I guess he might be 36, but he really has low mileage on his body.

Also, it appears that Garcia might have some fumbleitis.  

I will once again hold my thoughts on him until after this season is done and over with.  He might just fade away the next few games...

And like I said, if his last few games look like crap, then what do you think about him then?  

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 12, 2006, 07:36:12 PM

Another thing on Garcia.  The man is 36, yet has been in the league all of a whopping 8 seasons.  How the hell does that happen?  Did he start going to San Jose at age 24?  So I guess he might be 36, but he really has low mileage on his body.

I will once again hold my thoughts on him until after this season is done and over with.  He might just fade away the next few games...

And like I said, if his last few games look like crap, then what do you think about him then? 

well, I would then STILL think he is a better option than Plummer and Brunell, however, if he flames out the last 3 games, my wishes would probably change...  Regardless, I do not want Plummer or Brunell anywheres near pewter and red next season.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 12, 2006, 07:37:54 PM

comfortably numb...

I have been listening to a Classic Rock station here in Tampa, and they play that song quite a lot.  Its a great station, barely a song or artist I don't like; The Who, AD/DC, Led Zep, Pink Floyd, Kiss, Rollin Stones, Gun N' Roses, Rush etc etc.

#20 : December 12, 2006, 07:38:16 PM

Another thing on Garcia.  The man is 36, yet has been in the league all of a whopping 8 seasons.  How the hell does that happen?  Did he start going to San Jose at age 24?  So I guess he might be 36, but he really has low mileage on his body.

I will once again hold my thoughts on him until after this season is done and over with.  He might just fade away the next few games...

he played in the CFL for 4 years

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 12, 2006, 07:39:19 PM

I agree Turbo, I think Brunell, Plummer, and to some extent, Garcia are all risks that are not worth taking.  But oddly enough, they are all fits for the WCO.  It wouldnot suprise me at all to see a beardless Plummer pay the Bucs a visit next year.  

Right now, all these backup-would-be starters are drooling at the Bucs cap room, and the chance to lead a team with some (not very much) upside.

Brunell, Plummer, and Garcia are all booking their flights to Tampa in 3 games time, no doubt about it.

And that is kind of scary to me.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 12, 2006, 07:40:22 PM

its tough judging QBs with different teams and REAL O-lines.   McCown or Grads might be better with our O-line in twelve months than Garcia.

Fix the line and take it from there.  

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#23 : December 12, 2006, 07:40:54 PM

This team has had me on the ledge so often I don't need talkin' down......pushing me off might be kinder.

Team has removed most all of my kindness, you are stuck here.  

Boid, we disagree about Garcia.  He is experienced and the right type of qb for this team.  Even if he did poorly over the next three.  I am more concerned about him becoming available then his performance.  Eagles have to like what he is doing for them.  If he continues I don't know if they will be resolute in trying to keep him.  I'm actually more worried that he continues at the current level with the beagles and resigns with them.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 12, 2006, 07:41:22 PM

he played in the CFL for 4 years

Thanks man.

You need to go back to RJGoBucs....

Kind of like when MJS did his little name changing thing, or when ABuccs (who I hope will be back soon) changed to BBG.  I am not quite keen on that.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 12, 2006, 07:42:19 PM

Kind of like when MJS did his little name changing thing, or when ABuccs (who I hope will be back soon) changed to BBG.  I am not quite keen on that.

I just changed for the Eagles.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 12, 2006, 07:47:00 PM

its tough judging QBs with different teams and REAL O-lines.   McCown or Grads might be better with our O-line in twelve months than Garcia.

Fix the line and take it from there.  

I have been screaming this since the reality of Thomas in Pewter has become more and more viable.  Start with the beef up front, and really, any QB with some skills can make an offense go, IMO.

Team has removed most all of my kindness, you are stuck here.  

Boid, we disagree about Garcia.  He is experienced and the right type of qb for this team.  Even if he did poorly over the next three.  I am more concerned about him becoming available then his performance.  Eagles have to like what he is doing for them.  If he continues I don't know if they will be resolute in trying to keep him.  I'm actually more worried that he continues at the current level with the beagles and resigns with them.

If Garcia does well, don't you think he is going to a) ask for a ton more money
and
b) want a chance to fight for the starting job?  In Philly, he doesn't have a chance in hell of starting.  Unless DNabb falters due to injury.

The BUcs have a nice building upgrade, some money to spend (think "Thrifty, Bruce!"), and a weaker sched on the horion.  And with Garcia having those positives in front of him, and a chance to lead the team back, I think he would leave, and bid the Eagles Adieu.  I doubt they get into a bidding war over JGarc.  I think his time in Philly is all but over.  No matter what press releases come out over the next few weeks.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#27 : December 12, 2006, 07:50:21 PM

Yep, that is my feeling exactly Boid.  So I want him to do not quite so well, and for McNabb to have a quick full recovery just to get him available to come here. 

I don't want the Eagles to offer him more money, and he could be very successful here.  I want him here for as little money as it takes. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#28 : December 12, 2006, 07:52:29 PM

Yep, that is my feeling exactly Boid. So I want him to do not quite so well, and for McNabb to have a quick full recovery just to get him available to come here.

I don't want the Eagles to offer him more money, and he could be very successful here. I want him here for as little money as it takes.

I guess you answered my question about "What happens if he tanks?".  I think that is sound logic.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#29 : December 12, 2006, 07:54:35 PM

What happens if both the Brunell and Garcia become available for the cheap?  Do you think Gruden tries to sign them both? 

And would that be such a bad idea?  I mean if they are both reasonably contracted, would that be a benefit to the Bucs?  Short contracts assumed, of course (two and three year type deals)...

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: With all this talk of Garcia. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools