Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: With all this talk of Garcia. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#30 : December 12, 2006, 07:56:42 PM

What happens if both the Brunell and Garcia become available for the cheap?  Do you think Gruden tries to sign them both? 

Unlikely.  For starters there will be a lot of teams looking for veteran back-ups, and there is a lot of money out there this year.  that is exactly why Simms will test FA, at his age there will be a team that offers him a pretty good contract IMO.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#31 : December 12, 2006, 08:00:43 PM

ANd I think Simms is a better fit than folks give him credit for.  He has the deep ball, is pretty good at the medium length pass.  He has to fix the batted ball thing, which seems to be infecting Grads as of last week by the way.  Simms has skills that fit.  Now we need a line that makes holes. 

I will be delighted to see Garcia, Simms and Grads included come end of next year's preseason.  And I don't know that is such a reach.  Chris proved nothing, Garcia wants a chance and the bucs have $$$. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#32 : December 12, 2006, 08:02:39 PM

Yeah, I figured it too be unlikely, but damn man.  The Dolphins get TWO STARTING CALIBER talents on their roster?  I mean, those guys had some ????'s but those are very smart signings, if not for nothing else than depth.

Wow.

I can see an all short, semi-mobile QB roster coming into the horizon.

Can you imagine Brunell, Garcia, Grads, and McCown battling it out?

It would be WCO QB heaven for Gruden, lmao!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#33 : December 12, 2006, 08:03:35 PM

ANd I think Simms is a better fit than folks give him credit for. He has the deep ball, is pretty good at the medium length pass. He has to fix the batted ball thing, which seems to be infecting Grads as of last week by the way. Simms has skills that fit. Now we need a line that makes holes.

I will be delighted to see Garcia, Simms and Grads included come end of next year's preseason. And I don't know that is such a reach. Chris proved nothing, Garcia wants a chance and the bucs have $$$.
I would be happy as well.

#34 : December 12, 2006, 08:03:54 PM

I doubt Brunell and Garcia would sign with the same team unless it's for heavy dough, I'm sure both want (one last chance) at starting, to sign with the same team (along with possibly Simms and Bruce and Luke) making 5 QBs who have started in the league the last 3 seasons probably wouldn't be in their best interests.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#35 : December 12, 2006, 08:04:20 PM

How about Joey Harrington?

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#36 : December 12, 2006, 08:05:25 PM

I think he is still under contract isn't he Pirates?

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#37 : December 12, 2006, 08:05:31 PM

How about Joey Harrington?

Exactly the point I was trying to make.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#38 : December 12, 2006, 08:06:50 PM

He was making reference to RJs post, about Brunell and Garcia signig with the Bucs...

If the Dolphins can get Culpepper, AND Harrington, I think the Bucs would be able to nab Brunell AND Garcia (both are sort of washed up IMO, but just for the sake of discussion)...

Larry Brackins

Starter
#39 : December 12, 2006, 08:08:25 PM

I'm 90% sure he is a free agent after the year. I could be wrong though. I don't know if the Phins will re-sign him because they paid uber cash for Culpepper.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#40 : December 12, 2006, 08:08:59 PM

I'm 90% sure he is a free agent after the year. I could be wrong though. I don't know if the Phins will re-sign him because they paid uber cash for Culpepper.

Well MJS???

Larry Brackins

Starter
#41 : December 12, 2006, 08:10:07 PM

He was making reference to RJs post, about Brunell and Garcia signig with the Bucs...

If the Dolphins can get Culpepper, AND Harrington, I think the Bucs would be able to nab Brunell AND Garcia (both are sort of washed up IMO, but just for the sake of discussion)...
Actually, I wasn't. lol sorry. Harrington went to Miami because when he was cut, Miami was the best chance for him to start. He knew Culpepper was coming of an ACL, and thought he could be needed. He was right.

I think he is a free agent.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

#42 : December 12, 2006, 08:12:41 PM

both were traded to the Dolphins, out of their control. As far as Harrington FA after next season.

2002 1300000.00
2003 300000.00
2004 380000.00
2005 4950000.00
2006 800000.00
2007 1750000.00
2008 5000000.00

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#43 : December 12, 2006, 08:19:51 PM

Don't forget with Garcia that PHL might not have McNabb back next year at the start. They've got an lead where they can start doing a new deal now rather than later. I'd have to think, since the market stinks, they'll make a move to try and wrap him up.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#44 : December 12, 2006, 08:26:00 PM

Not forgetting that Dal, that's why I am hoping he stinks it up this weekend.  Well that and my undying dislike of Philly.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: With all this talk of Garcia. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools