Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: With all this talk of Garcia. « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #60 : December 13, 2006, 09:10:19 AM »

Huard is a bit scary. He started 14 games in 10 years, 8 of them this year.  Now, he looked really good in those 8 games but there's just not much track record.

Garcia is the best fit for the team. We know Gruden has gone after him. He's a guy who looked done in CLE and DET but in the right system appears to have something left. He's clealry a short-term solution and his age scares me in terms of when he's gonna just fall all the way off the table.

Plummer is the other veteran I can see us after. Another QCO guy and he's basically SoB  - he plays well until his brain cramps once a game.

Leftwhich is slower than evolution and I can't see him working out here. Schaub is a lot of hype but not much production for a guy we'd have to give up picks to a division rival for. I can frankly see Brunell here nefore either of those guys.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

« #61 : December 13, 2006, 01:03:39 PM »

It's definitely a depressing group. As far as fits its' Garcia, Brunell, Plummer, maybe Huard, and Schaub. Leftwich would never work here. 

Garcia is definitely option A, but I think that Brunell is also very likely.

I think Brunell's a bit like Brad Johnson at this point - a good spot starter, leader, etc., but you are going to see the quality really drop off once the season hits the midpoint. Brunell once would have been ideal for Gruden, but his legs are pretty shot. I get to see the Skins quite a bit up here in VA, and while he certaintly limited the offense (lots of dump offs), he wasn't close to the biggest culprit for their struggles. He's got ok deep accuracy if he can really step into his throws. 

Keep in mind that Gruden was believed to have a man-crush on him before - Gibbs traded for him before we could see if that was all just conjecture.

gone

Hall of Famer
« #62 : December 13, 2006, 01:32:59 PM »

Leftwich is big, slow, and has slow windup, similar to Simms.  And he is tough, sure.  But so is Simms.

Schaub is going to cost a lot of money to sign.  I doubt the Falcons can afford to franchise him, becuase of all the money problems they are about to face soon.  Plus he is still a commodity with some question marks.  Moslty related to long term production, IMO.
Schaub is also RFA not FA IIRC.  That means what? 1st and third for him I think.  Along with the $$$ for him, that's a big chance to take on a guy with less experience than we have on our roster.  People a bashing Gru for the bad decisions of not having a "good vet" in the stable just in case, and they they go and suggest this guy.  Every QB we have, including McCown has more starts than him.

Badabingnrt

Starter

« #63 : December 14, 2006, 01:28:58 AM »

GARCIA IS TERRIBLE.  What don't you people understand?

First ask yourself this question.....What team's offensive line's stand out when mentioning them.....Lions, Browns, Bucs, Eagles

Yeah it seems like the Bucs line is similar in talent to the Lions and Browns.  I know we are on the upswing with Joseph, Buenning, and Trueblood...but we aren't at the Eagles level in which the QB can eat a sandwich and then throw the ball.

Garcia is doing great in Philly, but he has the time.  He was sub par with the Lions and Browns and wouldnt be great with the Bucs.

He is also 36 years old.  I much rather have Jake Plummer, Daunte Culpepper, or Byron Leftwich.  Even Brunell would be a better option in my opinion then Garcia.  If the Bucs can succeed with Griese, they could succeed with the above QBs.

I'm sorry I just think we would see more of the Garcia of DET/CLE then the Garcia of SF/PHI with us...

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #64 : December 14, 2006, 08:47:22 AM »

GARCIA IS TERRIBLE.  What don't you people understand?

First ask yourself this question.....What team's offensive line's stand out when mentioning them.....Lions, Browns, Bucs, Eagles

Yeah it seems like the Bucs line is similar in talent to the Lions and Browns.  I know we are on the upswing with Joseph, Buenning, and Trueblood...but we aren't at the Eagles level in which the QB can eat a sandwich and then throw the ball.

Garcia is doing great in Philly, but he has the time.  He was sub par with the Lions and Browns and wouldnt be great with the Bucs.

He is also 36 years old.  I much rather have Jake Plummer, Daunte Culpepper, or Byron Leftwich.  Even Brunell would be a better option in my opinion then Garcia.  If the Bucs can succeed with Griese, they could succeed with the above QBs.

I'm sorry I just think we would see more of the Garcia of DET/CLE then the Garcia of SF/PHI with us...

Clearly PHL has a good line and that helps but why is Plummer, Culpepper or Leftwich any more likely to do better behind a crappy line? Culpepper was a waste of space behind MIA's line this year. The Pilsbury Throwboy can't move period. Jake the Fake is a moron and more pressure won't help that. All of those guys are gonna cost 3x what Garcia will to bring their unqiue crappy play here.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

« #65 : December 14, 2006, 08:49:11 AM »

We just need to bring back Simms.  He's the future here.

quezilla

Hall of Famer
« #66 : December 14, 2006, 10:53:03 AM »

I am sure it has been mentioned,  but what is Garcias contract status.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #67 : December 14, 2006, 11:23:45 AM »

I am sure it has been mentioned,  but what is Garcias contract status.

One year deal with the Eagles, so he is a FA.   He will want to start which is unlikely in Philly if McNabb comes back.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #68 : December 14, 2006, 11:26:28 AM »

I am sure Chris will take advantage of the vast sums of money available in FA this year.  When you factor in his age he is definitely in the top two or three FA QBs, so he should get plenty of interest.  I can see him going to the Lions, Rod likes him, he fits Martz’s system and he would have a pretty solid WR core to work with.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #69 : December 14, 2006, 11:54:43 AM »

Rod likes him

Everybody "likes" him. There's apparently disagreement, however, over whether he'll ever amount to anything as an NFL QB.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #70 : December 14, 2006, 11:59:50 AM »

Rod likes him

Everybody "likes" him. There's apparently disagreement, however, over whether he'll ever amount to anything as an NFL QB.

My reference to Rod was in the hope he takes him off our hands.   ;)

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
« #71 : December 14, 2006, 12:13:35 PM »

I am sure Chris will take advantage of the vast sums of money available in FA this year. When you factor in his age he is definitely in the top two or three FA QBs, so he should get plenty of interest. I can see him going to the Lions, Rod likes him, he fits Martz’s system and he would have a pretty solid WR core to work with.
If the Lions get Simms and Oak nabs Leftwich, that should make our 3rd pick very interesting.
  Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: With all this talk of Garcia. « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools