Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: why Garcia is perfect... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

4bucs

Hall of Famer

: May 23, 2008, 10:19:25 AM

Garcia is perfect for the offense that Gruden will run this year....because it will be a lot like the Eagles ....which Garcia ran to perfection...that offense relied on getting the ball out of your hand quickly and at the same time hitting the open man...Garcia was like a magician ...bying a little time and finding Westbrook and the TES underneath...hitting the fullback...and the WRS too.
      Garcia is like an extension of Gruden on the field...we have the one homerun hitter in the aged but still good Galloway...and a lot of complimentary parts...imo we will see a lot more screens with our new line and Dunn and Bennett and a lot more passes to the TES...very much like the Eagles offense...and the perfect guy in Garcia to do this ...quick thinking ...innovative...always finds the open man...and  will take a hit and come right back like nothings happened....him and Grueden have a tremendous rapport...they are both on the same page ...they are in each others head....and imo hes got more guts pound for pound then any qb in the nfl ...and i'm damn glad hes our qb.

Lord Bortles

Hall of Famer

#1 : May 23, 2008, 10:22:08 AM

not perfect but pretty damn good :)

RD 1) QB B. Bortles/ T. Bridgewater/ J. Manziel
RD 2) WR Kelvin Benjamin/ A. Robinson/ D. Adams/ M. Lee/
RD 3) OG D. Dozier/ C. Richardson/
RD 5) WR D. Archer/ J. Huff/ M. Davis/ TJ Jones/ R Grant
RD 6) OLB P Shembo/ R. Powell/ - DE A. Lynch/ M Sam  RD 7) G B. Thomas (injured)

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#2 : May 23, 2008, 10:29:28 AM

I think he will have a better year than last year but he needs to see some type of extension. Im not saying he should get what he is asking for but he should be entitled to a little more money this year. He plays smarter than alot of the qbs in the league now and sometimes that is the difference between winning the division and being a regular team. He manages this offense better than anyone we have had here before and in year two he should be better with a few more weapons to throw to. Bryant and a slimmer Clayton should make it interesting opposite Joey G. The addition of Dunn and Troupe will play a part in making the offense better this year. Also a better center in Jeff Faine will give Garcia that much needed extra time to hit Galloway and D. Jackson down field. Faine will also help in creating bigger holes for the rbs to run through. I think the Offense will be better as long as everybody is here (not holding out) and is healthy. Garcia is the leader that will get us back in the playoffs again. Its what we do from there that matters.

Pewter Spot

Pro Bowler

#3 : May 23, 2008, 10:38:24 AM

Nobody will argue wether Garcia is a great fit for our offense, it's his old age that worry's people.

We have to think about 2009 because IMO, Garcia may be able to play in '09 but I don't want him to. I want the QB of the Future in '09 because I believe we'll be a good enough football team that we will be able to win 8-10 games even with a rookie QB or a guy like McCown at QB in 2009. Like Pittsburgh did with Worthlessberger.

#4 : May 23, 2008, 10:40:36 AM

Hopefully Garcia takes Josh Johnson under his wing and shows him the ropes!

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#5 : May 23, 2008, 10:44:54 AM

Have you said anything that wasnt already known when we signed him in the 2007 FA? What is the point of this thread? We know the guy is a good fit, I wouldnt say "perfect" though. i am glad he is in a bucs uni too but he needs to get off his high horse, the guy had his first full good season in about 5 years. Gruden put him in a position to excel and be a good QB again. If he goes to some of the other teams in the league he is again a below average NFL starter. Our system and coaches put him in position to be a good player again.

I understand that he fits here, but that doesnt mean he can have a hissy fit over his contract. I would understand if it was a 5 year contract and he was in his last year of it this coming season, but its not a situation like that. Know why? Because Garcia is all about the cheddar, the big cheese, if he was about being a player here he would have done that after he left the 9ers, or detroit, heck maybe even the browns.... but no, the guy could care less about his legacy. He goes to the team that pays him the most, last year he finally makes one comprimise in his entire career by coming here to play for gruden. Now he should just shut up and play! He got stiffed on a bonus, I understand that argument, but that is why bonuses are not guaranteed...

I love Garcia on the field, what he lays on the line, and he seems very personable after games speaking to the media. He is a team leader, but he needs to realize that his payday has already passed. We have guys like Brooks who have sacrificed money out of their own pocket just so we could sign others like Hovan. Restructures have been a part of the team for years because of the cap hell... Maybe he should look back at how far we've come... By standards of most starting QBs he is in the right pay area. He is a Jake Delhomme type player, which is a good starter who gets injured. There is no need for him to try to cash in on a deal when he just signed one. Just because the bucs have Cap doesnt mean Garcia deserves comparable pay to elite NFL starters. Hes no brees, manning, or palmer, so he needs to shut up.

I just hate that players waste their potential on mouthing off and cause for the fan base to be split. He was a good QB with the eagles, he was a good QB for the bucs last year, but right now the guy is mediocre in my book because he is sacrificing the teams unity to be paid a few extra dollars. I wonder if the baby is the reason... the wife maybe? Who knows... the guys is trying to secure retirement money at this point, and I dont think that is fair to the Bucs future...

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#6 : May 23, 2008, 10:46:01 AM

Where are you getting this info from?

Our offense is ours and Philly's is theirs. They run a similar style, sure, but you are talking as though we're going to change what we've been doing for years. I really think the major difference in what we had been doing for years and what we are going to do this year and started last year is dumping the ball off to the RB. That opened up a whole other dimension to Gruden's offense that up until this point we haven't seen.

From now on I would expect a RB with hands to be a real priority for us.

JC510

Practice Squad

#7 : May 23, 2008, 10:46:56 AM

This so called "perfect" fit didn't translate into many offensive points and only got wins when the defense pitched a near shutout.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#8 : May 23, 2008, 10:51:45 AM

From now on I would expect a RB with hands to be a real priority for us.

while that is always a good thing to have, i dont think its the offense that has evolved into dumpoffs to the RB, i think its the way garcia has always played.  but i could certainly be wrong.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#9 : May 23, 2008, 10:54:54 AM

Garcia is perfect for the offense that Gruden will run this year....because it will be a lot like the Eagles ....which Garcia ran to perfection...

until his arm gave out

4bucs

Hall of Famer

#10 : May 23, 2008, 11:00:23 AM

blazingbuc99,agree,2009 play some ....back up JJ and  McCown...who ever emerges...but this year ...this year....his last ...lets hope its a winning SB year here in Tampa.

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#11 : May 23, 2008, 11:39:38 AM

This so called "perfect" fit didn't translate into many offensive points and only got wins when the defense pitched a near shutout.

Rex Grossman took Chi-town to the SB. Brad Johnson did the same here in Tampa. Dilfer with Ravens, etc. Some QB's aren't ment to "win" games when they're signed, only to "manage" the game. Why do you think we got Garcia after the Simms/Grad incident? We didn't need our QB helping them out with bonehead broken plays, or bumbling turnovers by rooks.

Remember one thing...ANY team in the entire NFL can win ANY game.. IF they have a great Defense. Period. The main questions would be, does your QB do enough NOT to lose the ball? To create 1st's so your defense can rest? Even a great Defenses need time to rest. Simms and Grad proved that well.

IMO Garcia did an excellent job as QB in that regard! Better than expected really. Most of the season he stood w/o any intercepts...something precious ESPN was highlighting the heck out of! The guy has one heck of a accurate arm, I only wish he would stop risking everything on a first down in the first quarter. He shouldn't do that at his age. Even Brett Favre was a running QB at first, but as he got older he knew he couldn't keep doing that or he'd get killed eventually. Other than having "Alstott syndrome", I have no problems with the guy.

The best QB's in todays NFL are "game managers".

JC510

Practice Squad

#12 : May 23, 2008, 02:13:59 PM

Rex Grossman took Chi-town to the SB. Brad Johnson did the same here in Tampa. Dilfer with Ravens, etc. Some QB's aren't ment to "win" games when they're signed, only to "manage" the game. Why do you think we got Garcia after the Simms/Grad incident? We didn't need our QB helping them out with bonehead broken plays, or bumbling turnovers by rooks.

Remember one thing...ANY team in the entire NFL can win ANY game.. IF they have a great Defense. Period. The main questions would be, does your QB do enough NOT to lose the ball? To create 1st's so your defense can rest? Even a great Defenses need time to rest. Simms and Grad proved that well.

IMO Garcia did an excellent job as QB in that regard! Better than expected really. Most of the season he stood w/o any intercepts...something precious ESPN was highlighting the heck out of! The guy has one heck of a accurate arm, I only wish he would stop risking everything on a first down in the first quarter. He shouldn't do that at his age. Even Brett Favre was a running QB at first, but as he got older he knew he couldn't keep doing that or he'd get killed eventually. Other than having "Alstott syndrome", I have no problems with the guy.

That's nice against the Falcons, Rams and Cardinals. It doesn't work against the Seahawks, Colts, Jaguars, Giants.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#13 : May 23, 2008, 02:39:50 PM

Peyton Manning, Brady, Romo, Palmer, Rothleisname... etc. are far more than game managers. They throw TD's too.

#14 : May 23, 2008, 02:43:57 PM

Folks, welcome to comedy hour!!!

Preach on brotha!!!
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: why Garcia is perfect... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools