Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: why Garcia is perfect... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

MBF

Hall of Famer

#15 : May 23, 2008, 02:51:28 PM

I'll have a look into the crystal ball....Garcia's going to have a very tough season, a Brad Johnson esque decline if you will. To add to the drama, Luke McCown of all people will lead us to the playoffs, be labelled a diety by most on this forum, and then have one of the worst performances in NFL history.

This so called perfect fit isn't good enough for a team that has Super Bowl aspirations (not the Bucs, in general). He'll be gone this time next year.

obuc

Starter

#16 : May 23, 2008, 04:31:33 PM

We are clearly a lesser team when Garcia isnt there. He deserves the raise and it isnt greed, it is human nature to want to get rewarded like that. It is hard to go to work knowing your co-worker who is a crappy worker is getting paid twice what you are. That would eat on anyone.

On top of that, I would like to have sex with his wife. That has nothing to do with the talk here but I figured I needed to make that known.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#17 : May 23, 2008, 04:42:06 PM

I'll have a look into the crystal ball....Garcia's going to have a very tough season, a Brad Johnson esque decline if you will. To add to the drama, Luke McCown of all people will lead us to the playoffs, be labelled a diety by most on this forum, and then have one of the worst performances in NFL history.

This so called perfect fit isn't good enough for a team that has Super Bowl aspirations (not the Bucs, in general). He'll be gone this time next year.

I think your crystal ball has not shown how Garcia wont be asked to do as much next year. With the Jeff Faine signing, whoever plays qb will be handing the ball off alot to rbs. As long as Garcia doesnt hold out or get hurt he will be the qb. I know that he doesnt have much to work with at the reciever position as far as we know right now. He still has options and Garcia will get it to them. Galloway has yet to slow down. Dunn will show flashes along with graham and Bennett. Clayton, Stovall and Bryant could show up to work and contribute. Garcia will be smart with the football knowing the defense should be good again and get him some turnovers to put our offense back on the field. Look if things dont go well it will most likely be because of not being able to overcome injuries should they happen. If we are healthy this year unlike last year we should win the division again and get a chance in the playoffs. Of course none of it matters cause it is my opinion and we shall wait till next season to really get into it. Wow is it august yet?

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#18 : May 23, 2008, 04:42:37 PM

Here's the answer: BG (Before Garcia) 4-12 with large doses of Grads & Simms. AG (After Garcia) 9-7 & South Division Championship. With the oline solidified with Faine and more weapons; Troupe, Dunn, Bennett & Jackson, garcia should have an even better year.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#19 : May 23, 2008, 06:55:08 PM

If Garcia gets 13 TDs again we are a below .500 team, and you can mark that down right now...

#20 : May 23, 2008, 07:27:07 PM

This so called "perfect" fit didn't translate into many offensive points and only got wins when the defense pitched a near shutout.

Rex Grossman took Chi-town to the SB. Brad Johnson did the same here in Tampa. Dilfer with Ravens, etc. Some QB's aren't ment to "win" games when they're signed, only to "manage" the game. .....

And look what happened when Brad lost his arm.  The problem with Jeff isn't his knowledge or experience, they're fine.  His happy feet, kamikaze style, and habit of holding the ball too long looking for the big play are concerns, but of themselves they don't knock him off the "best QB on the team" Pedestal. 

It's his frickin' arm.  He lost it just weeks into the season, it started fading fast.  Many of us now posting with a negative outlook were among the most fervent Garcia supporters when he started here.  I believe one of my comments was that "don't Garcia and Gruden belong together...like peanutbutter and chocolate kind of belong together?".  But there's a big problem with Jeff right now.  He's not going to be able to play at a high level for a whole season, and he might crack up before the halfway point.  We've seen it before with Brad.  It's a very real issue with old QBs, so it shouldn't surprise anyone.

and your comment that "The best QB's in todays NFL are "game managers"." Is without doubt the most ignorant statement I have EVER read here.

The best QBs in the league are not Game managers.  That is patently ridiculous.  And lets look at your "Rex Grossman took the Bears to the SB".  If you think Rex frickin' Grossman is a "game manager", I have to seriously ask if you ever watched a game of football in your life.  Not "futbol".  Football -- american style.  Because Grossman is a gunslinging mistake machine.  His Predecessor, Kyle Orton, was the game manager.  And the Bears figured out a funny thing on the path to the SB -- sooner or later you have to score some points to win.  That's why they went with Mr. Mistake after Orton "managed" the team into the playoffs the year before their superbowl run.  Garcia isn't going to be able to do that.  By the time the playoffs come around his arm is gonna be deader than disco.

#21 : May 23, 2008, 07:32:49 PM

It's his frickin' arm. He lost it just weeks into the season, it started fading fast. Many of us now posting with a negative outlook were among the most fervent Garcia supporters when he started here. I believe one of my comments was that "don't Garcia and Gruden belong together...like peanutbutter and chocolate kind of belong together?". But there's a big problem with Jeff right now. He's not going to be able to play at a high level for a whole season, and he might crack up before the halfway point. We've seen it before with Brad. It's a very real issue with old QBs, so it shouldn't surprise anyone.

and your comment that "The best QB's in todays NFL are "game managers"." Is without doubt the most ignorant statement I have EVER read here.

The best QBs in the league are not Game managers. That is patently ridiculous. And lets look at your "Rex Grossman took the Bears to the SB". If you think Rex frickin' Grossman is a "game manager", I have to seriously ask if you ever watched a game of football in your life. Not "futbol". Football -- american style. Because Grossman is a gunslinging mistake machine. His Predecessor, Kyle Orton, was the game manager. And the Bears figured out a funny thing on the path to the SB -- sooner or later you have to score some points to win. That's why they went with Mr. Mistake after Orton "managed" the team into the playoffs the year before their superbowl run. Garcia isn't going to be able to do that. By the time the playoffs come around his arm is gonna be deader than disco.

**thunderous applause**

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#22 : May 23, 2008, 07:46:33 PM

If we have aspiration to do more than just get to the playoffs, McCown will be the QB to take us there.
Garcia will not make it thru a season and the later he goes into the season, the less effective he will become, because of wear and tear.  Garcia is a gimmick QB who's is running out of gimmicks. It's unbelievable he has the gall to demand a raise after 1 decent season, it was cetainly not a great season.  Lost alot of respect for him for this.  Now I can look back and definitely see a pattern that shows how much of a team player he is.  He's not a team player and he's takin' us fans as stupid hicks to pit us agaisnt the Bucs.  He's been here 1 year and done VERY little.  Time to choose another team for a big bonus, chase that money!

JC510

Practice Squad

#23 : May 23, 2008, 08:00:52 PM

Here's the answer: BG (Before Garcia) 4-12 with large doses of Grads & Simms. AG (After Garcia) 9-7 & South Division Championship.

If you want to play that game there are alot of people who deserve credit for the turnaround before Garcia.

Raheem Morris
Tanard Jackson
Greg White
Cato June
Arron Sears
Ruud and Haye as 1st year full time starters.

Hell even Michael Vick was more responsible for our turnaround than Garcia was. He gave us 2 wins before the season even started.

#24 : May 23, 2008, 08:39:21 PM

Here's the answer: BG (Before Garcia) 4-12 with large doses of Grads & Simms. AG (After Garcia) 9-7 & South Division Championship.

If you want to play that game there are alot of people who deserve credit for the turnaround before Garcia.

Raheem Morris
Tanard Jackson
Greg White
Cato June
Arron Sears

Hell even Michael Vick was more responsible for our turnaround than Garcia was. He gave us 2 wins before the season even started.

You forgot to mention New Orleans' horrible secondary, St. Louis' injuries, and Carolina's QB trainwreck.  That's half of Jeff's wins right there....

lhasara

Second String
#25 : May 23, 2008, 11:23:40 PM

Raheem Morris
Tanard Jackson
Greg White
Cato June
Arron Sears

You forgot to mention New Orleans' horrible secondary, St. Louis' injuries, and Carolina's QB trainwreck. That's half of Jeff's wins right there....

More thunderous applause!
More than HALF of the Bucs total points were scored against NFC South teams.
Some of the other "high-scoring " games were against teams ranked in the bottom fourth of the league defensively, like the Rams.
Against the other 10 teams ( non- NFC South) 16.5 points a game!

The Crow's Nest

#26 : May 23, 2008, 11:26:04 PM

The more I read this thread.... and think about it, the less excited i am about our offensive capabilities.

Patrick McIrish

Second String

#27 : May 24, 2008, 01:04:43 AM

The best QB's in todays NFL are "game managers".

Game manager is an NFL term used to normally describe untalented QB's.   Sort of like "poise".    Shaun King was small, had no arm and couldn't read defenses, best thing they could come up with was poise.   Garcia of course has a lot more talent than that but if you want a QB to just manage the game we don't need to be playing a 40 year old aged veteran to get that.    We mortgaged our future at the QB position in hopes of him getting us over the top, not so he could hand the ball of and rely on the defense...... err.... I mean.... manage the game.   The fact this puke choked in our only playoff game and is now whining about his contract is enough for me to send his behind on his way.   'Nuff said.

There can  be only one star on a Jon Gruden team and it won't ever be a player.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#28 : May 24, 2008, 05:29:18 AM

and at the same time hitting the open man
I guess that's the problem then.

JC510

Practice Squad

#29 : May 24, 2008, 10:10:26 AM

The more I read this thread.... and think about it, the less excited i am about our offensive capabilities.

The capabilities are endless.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: why Garcia is perfect... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools