Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Come back Earnest! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 18

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

: May 23, 2008, 12:26:15 PM

Unfortunately, I think that we are seeing a guy put himself into a situation that gets worse everyday(for him). Regardless of whether he is entitled or not, I hate to see him jeopardize his career any further.

Selfishly, I just hope the guy is on the field when the season starts. At the present, it don't look good.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#1 : May 23, 2008, 12:50:16 PM

The worst thing to happen to football......

Drew Rosenhaus

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#2 : May 23, 2008, 12:54:38 PM

Unfortunately, I think that we are seeing a guy put himself into a situation that gets worse everyday(for him). Regardless of whether he is entitled or not, I hate to see him jeopardize his career any further.

Selfishly, I just hope the guy is on the field when the season starts. At the present, it don't look good.

He'll be here.  ;) The workouts aren't mandatory. Plus, unless he sits out the season, Imo it's too late to sign onto another team and make a contribution. He'd have to learn a new playbook, players, o-line, etc. I think he'll come back and play even better this year. He should know that he will get paid..... if he does well this season. Also, we wouldn't give him up for little on a trade, and teams are now starting to bottom out on what they can afford. The market for players to get in on other teams is thinning. So, if he made a move, they're might not be any takers.

He either gets 600,000, (for playing) or nothing (if he sits)...you decide what he'll do.

#3 : May 23, 2008, 12:57:41 PM

Agreed.   He'll sign a 3-4 year deal.  I'm guessing here but a $1m signing bonus and $1m per year.

His contributions as the power back and Ace special teamer are too important to ignore.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#4 : May 23, 2008, 01:00:28 PM

Let me first say this so no one will take my next comment the wrong way: I like EG and I hope he's happy and on the team and a big contributor this season. However, I think the Bucs have a guy who can fill the power back role on the squad already, and he's gone fairly untapped so far, and that's BJ Askew.

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#5 : May 23, 2008, 01:04:05 PM

Drew Rosenhaus

You know... I'm starting to think that everyones assumtions of this guy are correct. He kind of reminds me of Emporer Palpatine.

Thats the bad guy that turned Anikin into Darth Vader in the Starwars movies (for some of you that aren't movie buffs).

He gets into theyre heads and corrupts them....sounds like a sith to me....

Someone needs to make a sig that has Haus in a black cloak, that has the words "Join me and I can make you more powerful than any organization" lol. Maybe put some blue lightening comming out of his hands.

drxxx

Practice Squad

#6 : May 23, 2008, 04:38:55 PM

anyboby remember errict rhett?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#7 : May 23, 2008, 05:20:14 PM

#8 : May 23, 2008, 07:36:48 PM

Drew Rosenhaus

Utter foolishness!!!

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer

#9 : May 23, 2008, 09:59:06 PM

Granham is extremely important to our football team.  We have become a power running football thing, which is a good thing, and he is our power runner.  Dunn and Bennet will be great weapons but Granham will power our team in December and January.  This team is built for Graham's style of play. Grudens mistaken if he thinks for a minute Dunn and Bennet's speed will replace Graham's punishing style of running.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#10 : May 23, 2008, 10:11:52 PM

Funny, because it was Warrick that replaced Rhett, I believe..

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

Plank

Starter

#11 : May 23, 2008, 11:08:50 PM

Let me first say this so no one will take my next comment the wrong way: I like EG and I hope he's happy and on the team and a big contributor this season. However, I think the Bucs have a guy who can fill the power back role on the squad already, and he's gone fairly untapped so far, and that's BJ Askew.

I agree DTG, that's why I wanted Schmitt in the draft so badly- 1 to free up BJ to do such things and 2 to see the pee stain that Vilma left when he saw Askew running off tackle behind Schmitt. That would have been great. But anyway ( back from my tangent ), I agree.

MadMac0629

Starter
#12 : May 23, 2008, 11:10:30 PM

anyboby remember errict rhett?
The dude that was asking for Barry Sanders-like money?!

Whatever happened to him? [/sarcasm]

I drank WHAT?! -- last words of Socrates

wolfet

Pro Bowler

#13 : May 24, 2008, 09:08:16 AM

When you have no real leverage, it is not wise to take the hardest stance.  Look at the Bucs history of awarding contract extensions for solid players and it is generally pretty good with rewarding deserving players, but the one common theme is they are in camp.  EG- Has to worry about playing time and his role with Dunn and Bennett around this year.  Bruce Allen will drop Graham on the priority list until he gets into camp as a message to the rest of the team.  Garcia is here and will probably get a new reasonable deal, Greg White is here and he will probably get a nice bump or some nice LTBE incentives worked into his deal tied to production.  Askew and PBuc were first because they could have been UFA next year.  Next, will be the folks who are underpaid based on their performance.  We won't break the bank on anyone.  Garcia will probably get a starting caliber short-term deal that averages 5 million per year, White will probably get a bump to 2 million.  Graham may double his money, but still won't haverage more than 2 million because of his age.  If he thinks otherwise, he really needs to look at the Rhett situation.  This guy's dream came true last year, and now he has the opportunity for the first time in his career to be the starting RB going into a season behind a young and talented offensviel line.  My point is that Gruden will not hesitate to move on to featuring Dunn and Bennett should Graham continue to miss time.  He really needs to be careful and look at the Bucs and Allen's history.  Thankfully, BA is not Rich McKay, he thinks long-term about signing the likes of Rudd, Joseph, Trueblood, Djax, Sears, and possibly Clayton to larger deals under what could be a smaller cap under a new CBA.

tonybug

Practice Squad

#14 : May 24, 2008, 11:00:38 AM

Although Graham is important to this team ....I think what we currently have left will be sufficient to get the year started! Look what Westbrook can do for the Eagles. I think Dunn (althoug a little up there in years) can still contribute on every down just like Westbrook. I also think Bennet could be of great use to our team in the future. I do agree Askew has been under utilized! Both Bennet and Dunn go can all the way ....ANY TIME! Get to practice Graham or you'll be watching from home!
Page: 1 2 3 ... 18
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Come back Earnest! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools