Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Come back Earnest! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 18

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#15 : May 24, 2008, 11:06:04 AM

The buccs would be better with EG than without him.  He and his agent need to get with the buccs and find common ground. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Snook

Hall of Famer

#16 : May 24, 2008, 12:02:20 PM

I think the Bucs have a guy who can fill the power back role on the squad already, and he's gone fairly untapped so far, and that's BJ Askew.

I'm there with you on that. 

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#17 : May 24, 2008, 12:07:10 PM

Askew is excellent.    Graham needs to be careful with his demands.   The team can go the entire season without him.

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer

#18 : May 24, 2008, 04:21:34 PM

What have the Eagles done lately?  IMO. EG has done ALOT more to deserve a raise than Garcia.  He's done the dirty work HERE, for the last 4 years.  Earnest Graham is the embodiment of this team, hard work and perseverance.  He deserves his and we will regret it if he doesn't get it.  Dunn and Bennet will not run anyone over in the 2nd half of games when we need it.  Graham represents the Bucs well with his punishing, smashmouth style.  We have become a smashmouth football team, we need a smashmouth RB.  Wise up Bruce!

The Q

Pro Bowler

#19 : May 24, 2008, 06:00:22 PM

The smashmouth you speak of is a slow slow smash. Whereas, Dunn or Bennett can rocket down the field.
IMO, we need both. And, Askew can also play the smashmouth role. It will be RB by Committe this year for the BUCS, barring injuries.

The BUCS are gonna surprise people this year!

buckit

Hall of Famer

#20 : May 24, 2008, 09:43:36 PM

The worst thing to happen to football......

Drew Rosenhaus

You know... I'm starting to think that everyones assumtions of this guy are correct. He kind of reminds me of Emporer Palpatine.

Thats the bad guy that turned Anikin into Darth Vader in the Starwars movies (for some of you that aren't movie buffs).

He gets into theyre heads and corrupts them....sounds like a sith to me....

Someone needs to make a sig that has Haus in a black cloak, that has the words "Join me and I can make you more powerful than any organization" lol. Maybe put some blue lightening comming out of his hands.

In defense of Drew, the NFL is set up to screw the player.  Yes, I said that.  Yes, I realize these guys make millions to play a game.  I also realize that the owners make BILLIONS off of their efforts, then toss them aside like yesterday's news when their bodies have been beaten to uselessness.  Guys like Drew Rosenhaus are just keeping a level playing field.  If I were Drew, I'd answer:  "You want my client to go out there week after week and put his health and future on the line so you can sell tickets and jerseys, then it's gonna cost you.  His salary will make up less than half of one percent of your earnings for the season and you're balking at our request?   And I'M the scumbag???"

The fact is, Earnest Graham has earned the right to play, but the Bucs have chosen to overlook his contributions and talent.  Bringing in Warrick Dunn was a slap in the face to Graham.  Unfortunately, he's a back that isn't highly sought in the FA market, so he'll show up, put his work in, take another s***** contract and play 3rd fiddle once again. 

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

bucnut

Hall of Famer
#21 : May 24, 2008, 10:41:58 PM

Graham needs to show up, period.  Let the contract thing work itself out, but not being there will only do one thing....allow the other RB's to take your job. 

NFC South BBS Viva la Grudenistas!  GO GATORS!!!

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#22 : May 24, 2008, 10:51:38 PM

Let him hold out and sign Pittman at least he was here during the offseason workouts.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#23 : May 24, 2008, 10:53:55 PM

If I were Drew, I'd answer: "You want my client to go out there week after week and put his health and future on the line so you can sell tickets and jerseys, then it's gonna cost you.

I never quite agree with that argument.   To me, that argument would make sense if you were talking about something like the army and he was going to war or something.   Or maybe about a police officer or even fireman.   But the plain honest fact is that it's to play a game that most of us would play for free if we were good enough.   I know I would.    The comaraderie with teammates, the game day rush and the women throwing themselves at me for being a Buc would be enough to keep me happy as long as I had enough money to live.    I'm not saying the players don't deserve big money because there is big money to be shared.   But come on!   It's not like they have a rough life and are being forced to play that game hating every minute of it.   They have a job that most people can only dream about having.    

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#24 : May 24, 2008, 10:56:19 PM

What have the Eagles done lately? IMO. EG has done ALOT more to deserve a raise than Garcia.
Amen to that.

baybuc35

Hall of Famer

#25 : May 24, 2008, 11:20:24 PM

trade him.... may be able to get something out of him only if they think caddy can play in 08'

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#26 : May 24, 2008, 11:55:23 PM

not only that but I heard that Cory Boyd is an exact replica of graham. A bruiser who doesnt go down with the first hit. We have the speed guys in dunn and bennett. If we want a bruiser give it to Boyd if Graham doesnt want to play or give it to Askew. Im sure Askew would love to take some carries away from Graham to be the bruising back to slow down teams in the 4th quarter. Graham better be mr. Augest again because he might not get anything. No playing time or no money if he doesnt come back and get his starting spot back.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#27 : May 25, 2008, 12:11:38 AM

not only that but I heard that Cory Boyd is an exact replica of graham. A bruiser who doesnt go down with the first hit. We have the speed guys in dunn and bennett. If we want a bruiser give it to Boyd if Graham doesnt want to play or give it to Askew. Im sure Askew would love to take some carries away from Graham to be the bruising back to slow down teams in the 4th quarter. Graham better be mr. Augest again because he might not get anything. No playing time or no money if he doesnt come back and get his starting spot back.

Askew isn't the runner that many want to make him out to be.  He runs very upright which gives him trouble getting the tough yards.  And if he's carrying the ball, who's blocking for him?  His lead blocking is a big reason for the improvement in the run game, so playing him as a runner is counter-productive.

#28 : May 25, 2008, 03:06:55 PM

Askew isn't the runner that many want to make him out to be.  He runs very upright which gives him trouble getting the tough yards.  And if he's carrying the ball, who's blocking for him?  His lead blocking is a big reason for the improvement in the run game, so playing him as a runner is counter-productive.

Byron storer would lead for Askew.  Askew does run upright though.  He needs to work on that.  But he's supposedly not half-bad even so....

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer

#29 : May 25, 2008, 03:23:50 PM

If I were Drew, I'd answer: "You want my client to go out there week after week and put his health and future on the line so you can sell tickets and jerseys, then it's gonna cost you.

I never quite agree with that argument.   To me, that argument would make sense if you were talking about something like the army and he was going to war or something.   Or maybe about a police officer or even fireman.   But the plain honest fact is that it's to play a game that most of us would play for free if we were good enough.   I know I would.    The comaraderie with teammates, the game day rush and the women throwing themselves at me for being a Buc would be enough to keep me happy as long as I had enough money to live. I'm not saying the players don't deserve big money because there is big money to be shared.   But come on!   It's not like they have a rough life and are being forced to play that game hating every minute of it.   They have a job that most people can only dream about having.   

You're putting yourself in a position in which you have absolutely no clue about.  You'd play for free if you could!?! 
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 18
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Come back Earnest! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools