Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Come back Earnest! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 18

Snook

Hall of Famer

#30 : May 27, 2008, 03:46:56 PM

Graham is the embodiment of this team, hard work and perseverance. 

I'd agree with you but hasn't Graham ALWAYS skipped offseason OTAs?  That's not "working hard"....

Wise up Bruce!

How do we know this is Bruce Allen's fault?  What if Earnest is asking for RIDICULOUS money?  We don't know what offers have passed back and forth so its unreasonable to blame either party at this point.

Besides, its MAY.  Not August or September.  Garcia and Graham will get new deals.  In time.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#31 : May 27, 2008, 04:32:30 PM

We've only become a smash mouth team because our oline is starting to smash some mouths.  I can't believe the guy has the gall!!!  I mean really none is saying bow down to Masta.  But at the same time you gotta know from whence you've come. Are we a better team with EG, sure.  But do we have viable replacement in case he decides to withhold his services when they are "required" you bet your, well you know. 

I happen to know Drew. He was my brothers agent.  And while I'm almost 95% sure Drew is telling him this I still disagree with the stance.  But in all fact that I know personally, Drew is a great agent.  You may not like his tactics but he gets results most of the time.  That's why he gets paid and that's why guys go running to him when other agents don't ge it done for them.  I will point out that Drew and Bruce have a VERY good relationship.

So at the end of the day I don't really see EG missing mandatory camp.  Not sure what kind of deal they will strike but it WILL be fair to the Bucs first and EG secondly.  My thing is how can a guy be a leader if he's not there.  You can take that how you want, answer how you want.  But if you're a leader you need to be there.  That goes for EG and JT whom I totally respect but also have a problem with right now..

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#32 : May 27, 2008, 04:52:27 PM

The worst thing to happen to football......

Drew Rosenhaus

Guess you haven't heard ....players take over 60% of the dough from the owners!

You know... I'm starting to think that everyones assumtions of this guy are correct. He kind of reminds me of Emporer Palpatine.

Thats the bad guy that turned Anikin into Darth Vader in the Starwars movies (for some of you that aren't movie buffs).

He gets into theyre heads and corrupts them....sounds like a sith to me....

Someone needs to make a sig that has Haus in a black cloak, that has the words "Join me and I can make you more powerful than any organization" lol. Maybe put some blue lightening comming out of his hands.

In defense of Drew, the NFL is set up to screw the player.  Yes, I said that.  Yes, I realize these guys make millions to play a game.  I also realize that the owners make BILLIONS off of their efforts, then toss them aside like yesterday's news when their bodies have been beaten to uselessness.  Guys like Drew Rosenhaus are just keeping a level playing field.  If I were Drew, I'd answer:  "You want my client to go out there week after week and put his health and future on the line so you can sell tickets and jerseys, then it's gonna cost you.  His salary will make up less than half of one percent of your earnings for the season and you're balking at our request?   And I'M the scumbag???"

The fact is, Earnest Graham has earned the right to play, but the Bucs have chosen to overlook his contributions and talent.  Bringing in Warrick Dunn was a slap in the face to Graham.  Unfortunately, he's a back that isn't highly sought in the FA market, so he'll show up, put his work in, take another s***** contract and play 3rd fiddle once again. 

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#33 : May 27, 2008, 07:35:06 PM

He earned the right to play last year. He's earning his way outta the league right now.  If he's so valuable...if we cut him who picks him up?  And pays him the stupid jack he thinks he's worth?  Remember Drew is not the monster here most think is right.  All he needs to do is negotiate a new deal with him as the agent to get his percentage.  I'll bet you if anything that's one of the sticking points...Doesn't do Drew any good to broker a raise of sorts as an add-on to the booty contract Graham negotiated...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

HeyTampaBay

Starter

#34 : May 27, 2008, 11:51:37 PM

IMO. EG has done ALOT more to deserve a raise than Garcia. He's done the dirty work HERE, for the last 4 years.!

You're joking right? I'm not in support of EITHER EG or Garcia holding out for more money but its pretty obvious that without Garcia this team would have some MAJOR troubles, without Graham we could easily move on with little to no drop off in production.

EG hasn't done jack for four years except look great in the preseason and have one (Not even full) decent season.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#35 : May 28, 2008, 10:25:35 AM

Askew could run with either Storer or Gilmore in front of him.

Believe we could trade Graham and not miss a beat.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#36 : May 28, 2008, 10:35:33 AM

Askew could run with either Storer or Gilmore in front of him.

Believe we could trade Graham and not miss a beat.
Agree. I like EG, and I hope he gets his deserved raise, but not at a ridiculous amount.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#37 : May 28, 2008, 10:40:32 AM

Spiderman,

Max 1 year extension with incentives.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#38 : May 29, 2008, 12:17:41 AM

bradentonian,
i saw the title of this thread at work today, and immediately searched for an "ernest goes to camp" pic.
went back and opened the thread and saw you had the same pic already. :-)

Agent Orange

Starter

#39 : May 29, 2008, 09:00:26 AM

Some of you guys crack me up. We will stink without Earnest Graham as starting rb. I swear I think some of you care about the Glazer's money more than winning. Dunn is not a full time runner, neither is Bennett. Graham didn't even start 6 games last year and still had 10 TDs. Would have had close to 2,000 all purpose yards if he was able to start every game. Dunn, Bennett, and Askew have no chance between the 3 of them to even come close to that. I agree 100% with BuccanAy, this offense is built around Grahams power running game. Dunn is making 3 million. Graham should make more then Dunn.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#40 : May 29, 2008, 09:13:21 AM

bradentonian,
i saw the title of this thread at work today, and immediately searched for an "ernest goes to camp" pic.
went back and opened the thread and saw you had the same pic already. :-)

Ha!  Nice job on the pic

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#41 : May 29, 2008, 11:27:40 AM

If I were Drew, I'd answer: "You want my client to go out there week after week and put his health and future on the line so you can sell tickets and jerseys, then it's gonna cost you.

I never quite agree with that argument.

Graham doesn't have to put his health on the line if he doesn't want to. How much of a signing bonus would McDonald's offer Graham? Would Rosenhaus shop him to Wendy's and Burger King as well?

MBF

Hall of Famer

#42 : May 29, 2008, 11:30:44 AM

If I were Drew, I'd answer: "You want my client to go out there week after week and put his health and future on the line so you can sell tickets and jerseys, then it's gonna cost you.

I never quite agree with that argument.

Graham doesn't have to put his health on the line if he doesn't want to. How much of a signing bonus would McDonald's offer Graham? Would Rosenhaus shop him to Wendy's and Burger King as well?
I heard Burger King aren't interested, as they've got the ever versatile Larry Brackins who flips burgers and pours drinks at the same time.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#43 : May 29, 2008, 11:33:57 AM

I thought Brackins was an arena league star? ???

MBF

Hall of Famer

#44 : May 29, 2008, 11:51:51 AM

You underestimate his versatility.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 18
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Come back Earnest! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools