Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We have an inside track to the Senior Bowl « previous next »
Page: 1 2

FartMan

Pro Bowler
#15 : December 13, 2006, 02:29:35 PM

I heard Detroit was looking to draft a reciever. ;D

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#16 : December 13, 2006, 02:36:13 PM

First and foremost, teams do not draft players based on PR.  The Lions drafted Mike Williams didn't they?  They got killed for that and had to know ahead of time that they would.  Houston drafted Mario Williams under the same circumstances. 

As for the NFL only wanting stable coaching staffs, unless the Glazers assure the NFL of Gruden's job security they aren't going to pick us either.

gharen

Pro Bowler

#17 : December 13, 2006, 02:52:45 PM

It used to be the two teams with the best records that didn't make the playoffs would coach the teams. When did that change?

#18 : December 13, 2006, 04:54:57 PM

I dont see Detroit taking Joe Thomas. They kind of have a lot invested into their OL. Jeff Backus, Ross Verba, and Damien Woody were major recent signings. They also drafted Jonathon Scott last year who was once thought of as a 1st round caliber player but since he ended up being viewed more as a project player he dropped to 2nd or 3rd round.

I think they are sticking with Jon Kitna for next year, but I DO think Brady Quinn is a top 5 talent and just like when Kitna was starting in Cincy, Cincy drafted Palmer top 5 and let him sit for a year.

Its still early but I see Detroits board looking like  this, Quinn<Peterson<Adams<Thomas<Johnson. I could definitely see them taking Adrian Peterson
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We have an inside track to the Senior Bowl « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools