Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I Would Like To See Michael Clayton Win The #1 WR Spot... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

HeyTampaBay

Starter

#15 : May 25, 2008, 12:42:58 AM

Start Talib by week two? I think that'd be a bit too soon. I think he'd benefit more being the Nickel while he still learns. Buchanon is more than capable (for now - not the long run as we obviously drafted Talib to take his spot and eventually the no. 1) than being the 2nd corner for this season. I think corner has gone from one of our most worrisome areas to one of our most promising, the future at corner for TB is very bright. I think down the road Talib/Buchanon is gonna be a pretty sick combo.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#16 : May 25, 2008, 03:18:32 AM

CLAYTON SUCKS!!

Jebus H. Christabon man...he is a tuuuribble wideout.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#17 : May 25, 2008, 11:21:20 AM

Agree Boid. I hope we move on and get some fresh blood in here this camp.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer

#18 : May 25, 2008, 11:31:09 AM

I would love to see Michael Clayton as the #1 and prove that hes still got it if he gets some passes his way.

Dexter.. dont drop the ball ever. we here your not a good wr... so this is your only chance. dont drop the freaking ball on the ground....

Boy, does this ever sound like a contradiction.    You want butterfingers Clayton to be the #1 receiver, but you are warning Dexter not to drop the ball.   

dexter is a KR/PR though.  if he drops the ball its a fumble.

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#19 : May 25, 2008, 12:02:01 PM

CLAYTON SUCKS!!

Jebus H. Christabon man...he is a tuuuribble wideout.

AMEN- 10,000 times Boid!!

#20 : May 25, 2008, 04:04:02 PM

white was close last year. and adams is awesome.  imo better than white.

it is possible if we get more push from the middle of our d line.

How often does a guy get double digits in sacks AND fumbles in the same year?

How often do two guys on the same team achieve that feat in the same year?

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#21 : May 25, 2008, 02:07:31 PM

How exactly does one knock someone who constantly produces, while looking forward positively to a huge disappointment like Clayton? The only reason people still have some faith in Clayton is because those same people have been making excuses for the guy left and right. Like his injuries. Like in 05, he sucked hard in week 3 because he got injured late in the season. Just give it up. The guy hasn't showed up but for a handful of drives the past 3 seasons while being by and large healthy and prepared. Sure as hell, nothing ever stopped him from blocking like a fullback.

I still don't understand why people are forever hopeful of Clayton, but want to get rid of Ike after a 700+ yard season(only our 2nd #2 option with 700+ in this decade). While if CLAYTON had 700+ yards last season, we'd be hearing "See, he's still good" and "I told ya he'd come around" a billion times over. It's flat out idiotic.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer

#22 : May 25, 2008, 02:33:15 PM

How exactly does one knock someone who constantly produces, while looking forward positively to a huge disappointment like Clayton? The only reason people still have some faith in Clayton is because those same people have been making excuses for the guy left and right. Like his injuries. Like in 05, he sucked hard in week 3 because he got injured late in the season. Just give it up. The guy hasn't showed up but for a handful of drives the past 3 seasons while being by and large healthy and prepared. Sure as hell, nothing ever stopped him from blocking like a fullback.

I still don't understand why people are forever hopeful of Clayton, but want to get rid of Ike after a 700+ yard season(only our 2nd #2 option with 700+ in this decade). While if CLAYTON had 700+ yards last season, we'd be hearing "See, he's still good" and "I told ya he'd come around" a billion times over. It's flat out idiotic.

the problem with Ike is that his body breaks down mid season.  hes gonna be better used as a 3rd WR.

i have never made an excuse for clayton... i have thought hes sucked the last three years.. but after reading fab five... this is the one and only year i have had faith in him.

#23 : May 25, 2008, 02:52:04 PM

"Double Digit sacks and forced fumbles for both White and Adams."

Um, yeah...

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer

#24 : May 25, 2008, 03:41:09 PM

MVP

Pro Bowler

#25 : May 25, 2008, 04:34:12 PM

I'd love to see a top ten caliber offense. Gruden was hired to install one like he had in Oakland from what I heard.(Sarcasm)

At times it seems we are allergic to the endzone.

Patrick McIrish

Second String

#26 : May 25, 2008, 04:52:18 PM

Only thing Clayton snatched last year was the head coach.    Even though he probably deserved it you  can't have players physically intimidating their coaches on the sidelines, looked like Chuck wet his pants he was so scared.   If Clayton is #1 wide out, this season is lost before it ever begins.   'Nuff said.

There can  be only one star on a Jon Gruden team and it won't ever be a player.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer

#27 : May 25, 2008, 04:58:28 PM

Only thing Clayton snatched last year was the head coach.    Even though he probably deserved it you  can't have players physically intimidating their coaches on the sidelines, looked like Chuck wet his pants he was so scared.   If Clayton is #1 wide out, this season is lost before it ever begins.   'Nuff said.

did you see caddilacs face watching that?  it was priceless... caddy face was like  "o snap he gonna get cut"

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer

#28 : May 25, 2008, 04:59:56 PM

I'd love to see a top ten caliber offense. Gruden was hired to install one like he had in Oakland from what I heard.(Sarcasm)

At times it seems we are allergic to the endzone.

scoring in the redzone is what we need to do to become thay top 10 Offense.  last year we just couldnt get it in, i hope we can utilize our bigger guys in the redzone area.  joey G seems inept inside the redzone.  i hope we can use mo sto clayton and our TE's more. and askew.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer

#29 : May 25, 2008, 05:01:54 PM

How often does a guy get double digits in sacks AND fumbles in the same year?

How often do two guys on the same team achieve that feat in the same year?

i dont know, but it seems like our DE's ratios from sacks to forced fumbles is higher than other teams.  what was greg white last year? 8 sack 7 forced fumbles?  you dont think he can get 13 and 10?

and for adams, all i hear is that he is awesome this year... you dont think he can outplay greg white?  adams is more physically gifted imo.  i think we can do it, if not do it.. then at least get within 1 forced fumble of it.
all we need is a big push by haye and whoever is next to him.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I Would Like To See Michael Clayton Win The #1 WR Spot... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools