Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I Would Like To See Michael Clayton Win The #1 WR Spot... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Patrick McIrish

Second String

#30 : May 25, 2008, 05:04:45 PM

Only thing Clayton snatched last year was the head coach. Even though he probably deserved it you can't have players physically intimidating their coaches on the sidelines, looked like Chuck wet his pants he was so scared. If Clayton is #1 wide out, this season is lost before it ever begins. 'Nuff said.

did you see caddilacs face watching that? it was priceless... caddy face was like "o snap he gonna get cut"

Yeah that was pretty funny.   I was actually amazed that not one player stepped in and stood up for their head coach.     That spoke volumes to me.   In high school once one of our guys snatched our coach by his shirt, we tackled and beat the **CENSORED** out of him before he got thrown off the team.   We respected the coach though, that's the difference, probably why none of the Bucs did anything to Clayton.

There can  be only one star on a Jon Gruden team and it won't ever be a player.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#31 : May 25, 2008, 05:09:27 PM

Only thing Clayton snatched last year was the head coach. Even though he probably deserved it you can't have players physically intimidating their coaches on the sidelines, looked like Chuck wet his pants he was so scared. If Clayton is #1 wide out, this season is lost before it ever begins. 'Nuff said.

did you see caddilacs face watching that? it was priceless... caddy face was like "o snap he gonna get cut"

Yeah that was pretty funny.   I was actually amazed that not one player stepped in and stood up for their head coach.     That spoke volumes to me.   In high school once one of our guys snatched our coach by his shirt, we tackled and beat the crap out of him before he got thrown off the team.   We respected the coach though, that's the difference, probably why none of the Bucs did anything to Clayton.

maybe... maybe not...  that can be debated back and forth. depending on the persons view of gruden

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#32 : May 25, 2008, 05:13:48 PM

Why would Clayton even have a chance at being #1 with Galloway here?

Im over Clayton....Im more interested to see what potential Paris Warren has.

Patrick McIrish

Second String

#33 : May 25, 2008, 05:14:10 PM

Yeah that was pretty funny. I was actually amazed that not one player stepped in and stood up for their head coach. That spoke volumes to me. In high school once one of our guys snatched our coach by his shirt, we tackled and beat the crap out of him before he got thrown off the team. We respected the coach though, that's the difference, probably why none of the Bucs did anything to Clayton.

maybe... maybe not... that can be debated back and forth. depending on the persons view of gruden

Nothing to do with our view of Chuck, it's the players and their view of him that mattered.   Not one of them said a word, in fact  heard many were giving Clayton  a thumbs up later in the locker room.   Maybe if you've never coached sports it won't stand out to you but I got more from the players reaction to that incident than anything I could have ever read.    Chuck has lost the locker room, that much is obvious to anyone who understands the game.  

There can  be only one star on a Jon Gruden team and it won't ever be a player.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#34 : May 25, 2008, 09:34:26 PM

Gotta love the TBBB trash...

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#35 : May 25, 2008, 10:15:29 PM

Someone unplugged the vacumn over there and this floated here?  Unlucky.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#36 : May 25, 2008, 11:24:15 PM

Yeah that was pretty funny. I was actually amazed that not one player stepped in and stood up for their head coach. That spoke volumes to me. In high school once one of our guys snatched our coach by his shirt, we tackled and beat the crap out of him before he got thrown off the team. We respected the coach though, that's the difference, probably why none of the Bucs did anything to Clayton.

maybe... maybe not... that can be debated back and forth. depending on the persons view of gruden

Nothing to do with our view of Chuck, it's the players and their view of him that mattered.   Not one of them said a word, in fact  heard many were giving Clayton  a thumbs up later in the locker room.   Maybe if you've never coached sports it won't stand out to you but I got more from the players reaction to that incident than anything I could have ever read.    Chuck has lost the locker room, that much is obvious to anyone who understands the game. 
Where did you read that?

And to me, Gruden did not look scared at all.  But Clayton on the other hand...

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#37 : May 26, 2008, 05:51:57 PM

SarasotaBuc Fan, I like ya so therefore I hope your wishes are granted..but I feel your going to be highly dissapointed.

I dont think the Bucs will give Clayton that oppurtunity to be the #1.  He thrived in it in 2004, but with the emergence of Galloway and Clayton having to fight off competition in Bryant, Hilliard, and Stovall...I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was the 3rd or 4th WR next season.  Heck it's likely we won't even see the usual 300 yards of production out of him next year.

I definetly agree with ya.  I want to see our young WRs thrive, but thats looking less and less likely.

As far as QB goes....I'm more on Griese side than McCown, however, I fear that both are far less talented or suited for this team than Jeff Garcia.  I hope it's because we are resting our starters and not injuries.  Regardless, the Saints and Panthers will be better teams next year so I doubt we will have that luxury of taking the last quarter of the season off again.

I agree with you on Josh Johnson.  Let's see how the kid does at the NFL level.  Of course, he'd be playing pratice squad/depth guys in the 3rd and 4th quarters...but I'd still like to see how he does.  If he struggles in the 3rd and 4th quarters of pre-season games, parts of the game in which guys like Gradkowski look like hall of famers, then I'd be weary of him turning into a steal.

I hope Pettigout stays healthy as well.  A healthy Pettigout along with Faine should improve out line drastically.

Sadly, our defensive line really shouldn't have that much more pressure on the QB to warrant two guys with double digit sacks.  We really didn't do much to warrant those expectations.  I'd expect the same number of team sacks next year, maybe a few more.  Its reasonable to expect that out of Adams, but I dont see two guys getting double digit sacks on the team we have right now.  Of course a Jason Taylor would change that.  I think Greg White had his best year last season.  As for Dre Moore, I agree I hope he pans out, I hope he is our 3rd DT.

And if Dexter Jackson doesnt do good at the kick returning role...I will puke...

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#38 : May 26, 2008, 06:01:46 PM

SarasotaBuc Fan, I like ya so therefore I hope your wishes are granted..but I feel your going to be highly dissapointed.

I dont think the Bucs will give Clayton that oppurtunity to be the #1.  He thrived in it in 2004, but with the emergence of Galloway and Clayton having to fight off competition in Bryant, Hilliard, and Stovall...I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was the 3rd or 4th WR next season.  Heck it's likely we won't even see the usual 300 yards of production out of him next year.

I definetly agree with ya.  I want to see our young WRs thrive, but thats looking less and less likely.

As far as QB goes....I'm more on Griese side than McCown, however, I fear that both are far less talented or suited for this team than Jeff Garcia.  I hope it's because we are resting our starters and not injuries.  Regardless, the Saints and Panthers will be better teams next year so I doubt we will have that luxury of taking the last quarter of the season off again.

I agree with you on Josh Johnson.  Let's see how the kid does at the NFL level.  Of course, he'd be playing pratice squad/depth guys in the 3rd and 4th quarters...but I'd still like to see how he does.  If he struggles in the 3rd and 4th quarters of pre-season games, parts of the game in which guys like Gradkowski look like hall of famers, then I'd be weary of him turning into a steal.

I hope Pettigout stays healthy as well.  A healthy Pettigout along with Faine should improve out line drastically.

Sadly, our defensive line really shouldn't have that much more pressure on the QB to warrant two guys with double digit sacks.  We really didn't do much to warrant those expectations.  I'd expect the same number of team sacks next year, maybe a few more.  Its reasonable to expect that out of Adams, but I dont see two guys getting double digit sacks on the team we have right now.  Of course a Jason Taylor would change that.  I think Greg White had his best year last season.  As for Dre Moore, I agree I hope he pans out, I hope he is our 3rd DT.

And if Dexter Jackson doesnt do good at the kick returning role...I will puke...

yea i totally agree on the michael clayton thing.
actually.. i gotta agree with everything.. sometimes i wear the pewter glasses... thats a totally unbiased but hopeful view of our situation right now. good stuff.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#39 : May 26, 2008, 06:03:11 PM

meh.. at least hes talking some football and not here to trash everyone.

he may disagree with us.. but many people disagree with eachother alot.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#40 : May 26, 2008, 06:05:18 PM

Talking football? Almost as funny as your series of threads after the draft in which you predicted the sky was falling. McIrish is a troll, and moron to boot.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#41 : May 26, 2008, 06:09:45 PM

Almost as funny as your series of threads after the draft in which you predicted the sky was falling.

was that aimed at me?  i loved the draft bro

MBF

Hall of Famer

#42 : May 26, 2008, 06:13:02 PM

Free agency then.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#43 : May 26, 2008, 06:14:46 PM

Free agency then.

free agency was great also... we didnt overspend.. i dont think we overspent on faine either.  my favorite addition was john gilmore.. i dont know why.... i think he can add something to our goaline and special teams blocking.

#44 : May 26, 2008, 08:58:08 PM

meh.. at least hes talking some football and not here to trash everyone.

he may disagree with us.. but many people disagree with eachother alot.

You don't know who PMI is then.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I Would Like To See Michael Clayton Win The #1 WR Spot... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools