Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tech Support For New Forum « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

#30 : September 30, 2006, 10:59:37 PM

I'm using Firefox and I get random lines on the page. At first I thought they were strikethroughs on text but now I've seen 'em on profile and things so that ain't it.
I'm having the same problem, also with Firefox. It happens after scrolling down the page - when you scroll back up there are occasionally lines all over the place. A check box not to post your sig would be nice, too.

#31 : October 01, 2006, 12:59:48 AM

Sorry for the confusion about the Insider board. To reach the Insider board you will use the same password you use to log in to the Pewter Insider section, not the one emailed to you for the forum. This establishes an association between the insider accounts and the forum accounts, and is a one-time check. Previously all forum and Insider accounts were seperate, so there was no way to tell which forum accounts were also Insiders. I hope this clears up the password confusion.

Still not working for me !  ???

I can get to the insider articles, but still haven't been able to access the insider message board.

calehawkins

Second String

#32 : October 01, 2006, 06:12:29 AM

I love the new board. Just one thing (and please use it as last priority- it's not a huge obscurity), but in Firefox there's a scrollbar next to some avatars. And, in the "Post Reply" area, there's a scrollbar at the bottom of the screen. The screen shows everything but when you move the scrollbar right, it's just a black background. Might save some server space if the space is eliminated. But again, these aren't important. Great job on the board.

EDIT: The space is there because the summarization of the topic is moved over out of its designated space.

sprung4bucs

Rookie

#33 : October 01, 2006, 02:37:52 PM

When attempting to post a reply on any other thread, I receive the following:
The last posting from your IP was less than 60 seconds ago. Please try again later.

Also, my login time shows as 24m.

I have not posted to the new board and my logon was less than a minute.

huntnbuc

Practice Squad

#34 : October 01, 2006, 02:52:57 PM

When attempting to post a reply on any other thread, I receive the following:
The last posting from your IP was less than 60 seconds ago. Please try again later.

Also, my login time shows as 24m.

I have not posted to the new board and my logon was less than a minute.

I bumped up flood control from 5 seconds to 60 seconds.

sprung4bucs

Rookie

#35 : October 01, 2006, 03:20:21 PM

I bumped up flood control from 5 seconds to 60 seconds.

Thanks for your response.  However, I had to Google "Flood Control":
Board Security.Flood Control:  This stops unwanted repeated messages from being posted on your board. The Message Board administrator can chose the post interval the best suits the board. The interval is configurable from15 seconds to 2 minutes.

So, I'm supposing that my normal posting activity, which is very infrequent, will be affected by the overall board security policy.  Just to be clear.  I was only logged on for less than 5 mins.  I attempted to make my first post on the new board, and then received the 60 sec. warning.  Interval starts from the first attempted post?

Why is it that only my posts display the actual IP address for the "Logged" entry?

If this is what I can expect fine.  I just wanted to provide you with a head's up, if there were a specific problem.

huntnbuc

Practice Squad

#36 : October 01, 2006, 10:31:46 PM

Why is it that only my posts display the actual IP address for the "Logged" entry?

When you are logged in, you see your logged IP. No one else sees it.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#37 : October 01, 2006, 10:33:53 PM

The flood control delay is ridiculous right now.  Couldn't you set it to 30 seconds?

#38 : October 01, 2006, 11:33:31 PM

Still not working for me !  ???

I can get to the insider articles, but still haven't been able to access the insider message board.

Up & running....thanx huntnbuc.

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#39 : October 02, 2006, 08:23:00 AM

Will take some getting used to the new controls and lay out but looks good so far.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#40 : October 02, 2006, 02:13:36 PM

Okay, the board layout just went all wacky all of the sudden.  I am using IE 6.0.  Everything went white and all the text is out of place

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#41 : October 02, 2006, 02:21:22 PM

Am I the only one having this issue?

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#42 : October 02, 2006, 02:44:09 PM

Am I the only one having this issue?

I am OK.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#43 : October 02, 2006, 03:58:54 PM

Increase the thickness of the dividing lines between the posters.  It would look better.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#44 : October 02, 2006, 07:41:45 PM

It's fixed now, whatever it was

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tech Support For New Forum « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools