Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tech Support For New Forum « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

karen anderson

Practice Squad

: September 29, 2006, 11:57:17 PM

I keep getting connection problems >:(

huntnbuc

Practice Squad

#1 : September 29, 2006, 11:26:18 PM

Please post any issues you encounter in this thread. We are working hard to get everything running smoothly. Thanks for your patience and feedback.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 30, 2006, 12:38:11 AM

There is no link to the board index at the bottom of the screen after you read the posts.  It will let you jump to any other board, but not the board containing the current thread.  Meaning I have to scroll back to the top to use the link up there.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 30, 2006, 12:53:30 AM

Mr. Geek, you clever post count is screwing the nice little stat graph up.  :P

Big_MAC_Buc

Starter
#4 : September 30, 2006, 03:16:22 AM

For some reason I can log in as an Insider to access the PDF’s and Insider reports, but I cannot log into the Insider forum. The first message I see is:

Your forum account is not registered as an insider.

I use the password I received in the e-mail, but I get the following message when I use it.

AN ERROR HAS OCCURRED!
Unable to confirm your insider account, please check your username and password.

Any helpful info would be appreciated.

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth. --Umberto Eco

#5 : September 30, 2006, 05:07:16 AM

FINALLY GOT ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice site but  not able to log on to PI.....HELP ! :(

Glad to see spell check. Hope it gets used.........

nitey

Hall of Famer
#6 : September 30, 2006, 06:28:33 AM

These are not really issues, but I have a few suggestions:  ;D

1. Breadcrumb Forum bar (Pewter Report Form :: Boards :: The Red Board :: Re Tech Support for New Forum) could be bigger. Right now it gets too easily lost in the other information at the top. Actually the bold yellow print about the forum passwords is about the right size.

2. As mentioned, we could also use a breadcrumb trail at the bottom of the page so you don't have to scroll up to the top.

3. Body font size is a bit small - moving it up one font size would be better I think. Right now it's readable, but as has been stated it's a bit of a strain to read. If this could be a option in your profile, that would be great!

4. More Avatar's!

5. Post Reply area: Lots of wasted space. Not sure you can control this but I would like to have a bigger reply window. Also the Post/Preview/Spell check buttons are pretty small. I even just wrote a comment about it would be nice to have spell check and there it is - but the button is too small to notice.

Otherwise, great job guys!

One other thing: I posted my message and was thrown back to the main menu rather than left in the thread. Not sure about any one else but I would rather be left in the thread after the message post as the automatic default.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

bucfan11

Starter

#7 : September 30, 2006, 07:09:06 AM

The password assigned by Pewter Report does not permit me to log on Insider Board...I used my old password to read the Insider Articles, because the new one assigned by Pewter Report did not work on the Articles....

grefly

Starter

#8 : September 30, 2006, 07:46:20 AM

Another suggestion - alternate background colors on each reply, it is a little difficult to differentiate where one post stops and another begins.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#9 : September 30, 2006, 09:17:44 AM

Looks nice. I think the navigation panel when you are in a post needs to be bigger, more clear. Took me about 10 seconds to figure out how to get back to a forum once you are in a thread.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#10 : September 30, 2006, 09:18:58 AM

Oh, and jumping out of a thread once you have replied should not be the default behaviour IMO. You should stay in a thread after a reply and only jump out if you wish.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 30, 2006, 09:47:24 AM

Oh, and jumping out of a thread once you have replied should not be the default behaviour IMO. You should stay in a thread after a reply and only jump out if you wish.

I concur, that is damned annoying.

DBrooksIsMyDaddy

Pro Bowler

#12 : September 30, 2006, 09:56:36 AM

I can't read the whole post without scrolling left to right, which is really annoying. Is there a way for me to fix this on my laptop?

My old username was too long, so I had to make a new account.

And I miss the old smileys, especially bang head.  The new ones are a little blurry.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#13 : September 30, 2006, 09:58:59 AM

I can't read the whole post without scrolling left to right, which is really annoying. Is there a way for me to fix this on my laptop?

My old username was too long, so I had to make a new account.

And I miss the old smileys, especially bang head.  The new ones are a little blurry.

That happens if I use Firefox but IE is OK.  With Firefox I can increase the text size but IE doesn't let me do it.

DBrooksIsMyDaddy

Pro Bowler

#14 : September 30, 2006, 10:07:15 AM

I use Firefox, I like it a lot more.  I did decrease the text size so it all fits in the box, but then it's SO tiny, especially the quotes.  IE has so many security issues.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tech Support For New Forum « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools