Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tech Support For New Forum « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

pewterdaze1

Rookie
#15 : September 30, 2006, 10:17:26 AM

Tried to edit profile for the message board to my original screen name and password and it won't take...what am I doing wrong?

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#16 : September 30, 2006, 10:21:15 AM

Tried to edit profile for the message board to my original screen name and password and it won't take...what am I doing wrong?

Maybe the old ID is in the database and it will not take duplicates.

huntnbuc

Practice Squad

#17 : September 30, 2006, 10:51:52 AM

Sorry for the confusion about the Insider board. To reach the Insider board you will use the same password you use to log in to the Pewter Insider section, not the one emailed to you for the forum. This establishes an association between the insider accounts and the forum accounts, and is a one-time check. Previously all forum and Insider accounts were seperate, so there was no way to tell which forum accounts were also Insiders. I hope this clears up the password confusion.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#18 : September 30, 2006, 11:48:54 AM

Oh, and jumping out of a thread once you have replied should not be the default behaviour IMO. You should stay in a thread after a reply and only jump out if you wish.

There is an option to change the default for this in profile settings.  I set mine to stay in the current thread by default after replying and it works fine.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#19 : September 30, 2006, 12:06:49 PM

Oh, and jumping out of a thread once you have replied should not be the default behaviour IMO. You should stay in a thread after a reply and only jump out if you wish.

There is an option to change the default for this in profile settings.  I set mine to stay in the current thread by default after replying and it works fine.

Thanks for that......I hadn't found those options yet.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#20 : September 30, 2006, 12:12:30 PM

The connections problems are a pain.....I keep getting this message:

Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

huntnbuc

Practice Squad

#21 : September 30, 2006, 12:53:41 PM

I am working on the connection problems right now. It will be resolved soon.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#22 : September 30, 2006, 03:41:17 PM

huntnbuc - how about changing your posts count so it doesn't mess the graphs up.

huntnbuc

Practice Squad

#23 : September 30, 2006, 03:58:51 PM

huntnbuc - how about changing your posts count so it doesn't mess the graphs up.
What!?! You don't believe I've posted 10000006 times?

Fixed.

SCBUCFAN

Pro Bowler

#24 : September 30, 2006, 04:04:58 PM

Why is the Reply # posted time stamp so large but the text size for the persons response so small?

huntnbuc

Practice Squad

#25 : September 30, 2006, 06:09:20 PM

PM me with your desired username from and email address.

Big_MAC_Buc

Starter
#26 : September 30, 2006, 07:51:03 PM

Sorry for the confusion about the Insider board. To reach the Insider board you will use the same password you use to log in to the Pewter Insider section, not the one emailed to you for the forum. This establishes an association between the insider accounts and the forum accounts, and is a one-time check. Previously all forum and Insider accounts were seperate, so there was no way to tell which forum accounts were also Insiders. I hope this clears up the password confusion.

Okay, That worked!  Thanks! No complaints really other than it is dificult for me to read the small dark colored text on a black background. Light colors would be nice.

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth. --Umberto Eco

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#27 : September 30, 2006, 08:24:44 PM

The Quote-in-Quote function stinks.  It lists the posters at the top and then the quotes in order.  When people re-quote a few time it will be pretty confusing.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#28 : September 30, 2006, 08:49:29 PM

There is no link to the board index at the bottom of the screen after you read the posts.  It will let you jump to any other board, but not the board containing the current thread.  Meaning I have to scroll back to the top to use the link up there.

Looks like this is fixed, thanks!

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#29 : September 30, 2006, 09:21:53 PM

The password I used for PI also works on the insider board. The one they sent is to get in the boards in general. Wacky, tho. :(
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tech Support For New Forum « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools