Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Earnest Graham is Football Outsiders' 9th ranked fantasy player for 2008 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#15 : May 29, 2008, 02:56:59 PM

Hate's right.   It's much more normal for the QB to only score 4 points for a passing TD than 6.   Sometimes even 3.

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#16 : May 29, 2008, 03:03:44 PM

Not true. Most leagues only give 3 or 4 pts for passing tds which is why rbs typically go before Qbs.

I've been playing fantasy sports since before they were popular, and I have never seen that type of scoring.  I'm sure it exists, but the basic format that CBS.Sportsline.com and ESPN.com uses is 6 points for all TD's.

Like I said, I'm sure the scoring you described exists, but don't think it's in the majority.

Don't forget Yahoo! leagues.  They typically have 6 pts. a TD, no matter what.

I think it's all subjective.  I personally have never seen a league that had its default stats set to 4 pts passing as opposed to 6, but then again I've only ever done Yahoo! and ESPN.  While others have only done other leagues that have it another way.  Unless someone sets up some sort of factual graph, chart, or puppet show that includes every possible fantasy outlet, it's going to be an endless debate as to which is more common.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#17 : May 29, 2008, 03:07:27 PM

I've found a few lesser known sites that give less points for a passing TD...but it's definitely not the norm.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#18 : May 29, 2008, 03:09:01 PM

Don't forget Yahoo! leagues. They typically have 6 pts. a TD, no matter what.

Maybe in some beginner's league where people have never played before.   6 points for a passing TD makes no sense at all.    It makes the QB position too important and basically will make the league worthless.   Whoever has Peyton Manning will win.   That's a sucky league and one that you should refrain from playing in.   There are plenty out there that do it right with the QB getting 4 points per TD passing.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#19 : May 29, 2008, 03:16:06 PM

Maybe in some beginner's league where people have never played before.   6 points for a passing TD makes no sense at all.    It makes the QB position too important and basically will make the league worthless.   Whoever has Peyton Manning will win.   That's a sucky league and one that you should refrain from playing in.   

Not true.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#20 : May 29, 2008, 03:18:16 PM

Maybe in some beginner's league where people have never played before.   6 points for a passing TD makes no sense at all.    It makes the QB position too important and basically will make the league worthless.   Whoever has Peyton Manning will win.   That's a sucky league and one that you should refrain from playing in.   There are plenty out there that do it right with the QB getting 4 points per TD passing.
I've never participated in a FF league, but every time I've seen rankings online or on TV, every single one of them has 8-10 running backs or wide receivers before the first quarterback.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#21 : May 29, 2008, 03:20:24 PM

Maybe in some beginner's league where people have never played before.   6 points for a passing TD makes no sense at all.    It makes the QB position too important and basically will make the league worthless.   Whoever has Peyton Manning will win.   That's a sucky league and one that you should refrain from playing in.   There are plenty out there that do it right with the QB getting 4 points per TD passing.

RB's are still king in those leagues.  There aren't as many top-end RB's to choose from when considering most teams are moving towards a two-back rotation, and you have to start at least two RB's most of the time compared to one QB.

Last year Brady was first throwing 50 TD's.  Number two was Romo with 36.  Number thirteen was Cutler with 20.  That's a difference of 16 TD for 12 slots (considering most leagues have 12 teams)  Not that big of deal really.

Cotton Balls in probably right.  Someone would have to find a chart that has the most common scoring system for everyone to agree.

stereochemistry

Pro Bowler

#22 : May 29, 2008, 03:33:35 PM

These ratings are based on their KUBIAK projection system, which ranks based on predictors from last season (or certain predictors from college performance, for rookies).  I made a comment over there detailing why Graham bears watching based on his ongoing contract dispute and having Dunn and Bennett on the roster.

I think he's rated high based on last year's performance, and the expectation/predictors that say he'll do even better at 16 games.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#23 : May 29, 2008, 04:53:14 PM

I don't care about fantasy football, but I find it interesting to see how someone who has no rooting interest in the Bucs views Graham.

A mathematical formula doesn't really "view" a player in a certain way.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#24 : May 29, 2008, 05:41:55 PM

I don't care about fantasy football, but I find it interesting to see how someone who has no rooting interest in the Bucs views Graham.

A mathematical formula doesn't really "view" a player in a certain way.
That's the best you got?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#25 : May 29, 2008, 05:44:04 PM

That's the best you got?

Best what? A mathematical formula doesn't have a "view" on a player. Not sure what you mean by "best you (sic) got"?

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#26 : May 29, 2008, 05:46:57 PM

Use of Latin. 10 points  >>> DTG.

frankbuc

Second String
#27 : May 29, 2008, 05:57:04 PM

rushing is 6 and passing is 4 on espn.com fantasy, although your league manager can change it to be whatever he wants...but 6 for rushing and 4 for passing is the norm. and I agree that making it 6 for each would be dumb.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#28 : May 29, 2008, 06:04:57 PM

I dont agree with that at all...I usually stay away from the Bucs when it comes to fantasy...unless were talking defense where you could get them late....

Graham isn't even the undisputed starter and it's not like its just him.  We have Caddy, Dunn, and Bennett too.  Couple our crowded backfield with the fact that Graham's 2009 season is pretty much unknown(could flop) and I dont think I'd take Graham even if it was the 4th or 5th round...

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#29 : May 29, 2008, 06:06:43 PM

rushing is 6 and passing is 4 on espn.com fantasy, although your league manager can change it to be whatever he wants...but 6 for rushing and 4 for passing is the norm. and I agree that making it 6 for each would be dumb.

why is it dumb?
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Earnest Graham is Football Outsiders' 9th ranked fantasy player for 2008 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools