Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Earnest Graham is Football Outsiders' 9th ranked fantasy player for 2008 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

bait619

Starter

#30 : May 29, 2008, 06:19:19 PM

i've been playing fantasy football competitively (for$) since 2002 through approximately 15 leagues and not one league has had 4 pts for qb td's...though I have seen it as an option when setting up leagues...still in every league except one last year that gave a point per completion (horrible, horrible rule) the running backs were the most valuable commodity...when u have to start 2 and the league is 12 teams deep...that is 24 running backs plus you need backups for injuries/bye weeks...how many strting running backs are worth anything in fantasy week in and week out?  about 12-14 so if you don't get one in the first round by the time your next pick comes around you wont get any...that is why they are so valuable

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#31 : May 29, 2008, 06:36:49 PM

Don't forget Yahoo! leagues. They typically have 6 pts. a TD, no matter what.

Maybe in some beginner's league where people have never played before.   6 points for a passing TD makes no sense at all.    It makes the QB position too important and basically will make the league worthless.   Whoever has Peyton Manning will win.   That's a sucky league and one that you should refrain from playing in.   There are plenty out there that do it right with the QB getting 4 points per TD passing.

Well yeah.  I was just going by the default settings if you enter a random league.  Plus, I've been the commish of a league for 3 years now and they always have the default settings at 6 pts. a TD.

HOWEVER, now that you mention it, I get the feeling that the default settings last year were indeed changed to 4 pts. a TD for QBs.  I can't remember anymore.  Either way, it's semantics...every Fantasy host site has its own little quips.  Oh and for what it's worth, I had Manning last year and only finished 4th.  Does that mean I'm just bad at this?  Haha.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#32 : May 29, 2008, 07:03:56 PM

That's the best you got?

Best what? A mathematical formula doesn't have a "view" on a player. Not sure what you mean by "best you (sic) got"?
The best response you can come up with amongst your 4 replies to posts of mine in 3 different threads over a 5 minute span amounts to petty sniping over whether data belongs to the formula used to compute it or the person who designed the formula and plugged in the info.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#33 : May 29, 2008, 07:06:44 PM

It is off season - chill out FRG

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

#34 : May 29, 2008, 08:16:42 PM

I won't be picking Graham that high. I'll leave him for Hate.

No Graham for me, not in the early rounds anyway..... i'll be rolling with my man "All Day" once again!!!

#35 : May 29, 2008, 08:29:18 PM

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on the qb scoring which is chill with me. I've played FF for 12 yrs in 2 leagues, been commish of one for 8. The majority of leagues that i've seen give 4 pts for passing tds.

jameswilder

Starter

#36 : May 29, 2008, 08:50:31 PM

It's starting to look like a pick for Graham on a FFL team might be a wasted vote. Earnest's brother works at a local scrap yard here in Ft Myers. Last week when I took a load of aluminum in, his brother said Earnest is prepared to sit out the season. I hope he reports but it looks like possibly EG is going to pull a ER. I was really looking forward to the three headed monster in the backfield this year, Graham, Bennett and Dunn.

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy- B. Franklin.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#37 : May 29, 2008, 08:53:32 PM

The best response you can come up with amongst your 4 replies to posts of mine in 3 different threads over a 5 minute span amounts to petty sniping over whether data belongs to the formula used to compute it or the person who designed the formula and plugged in the info.

So how does the formula develop an opinion?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#38 : May 29, 2008, 10:27:11 PM

So how does the formula develop an opinion?

The opinions are developed based on how you interpret the data that is formed as a result of the formula.

HughC

Pro Bowler

#39 : May 30, 2008, 12:18:08 AM

Maybe we need to add a Fantasy Sports Forum.

Raideneers

Starter

#40 : May 30, 2008, 04:40:05 AM

Finally a real bargaining chip Graham can use in contract negotiations!  ::)

Even though I'm glad he is a Bucc, I won't be picking Graham in any fantasy league.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Earnest Graham is Football Outsiders' 9th ranked fantasy player for 2008 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools