Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ghosts of Drafts Past « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
: December 13, 2006, 12:17:42 PM

I think BMW was a total smokescreen by the Bucs. I suspect they had a lot of other players in mind before they would have taken him.  DeMarcus Ware maybe?

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 13, 2006, 10:48:00 AM

• Detroit has been tight-lipped about Mike Williams' weight all season, but Mike Martz revealed this week that the former first-round pick is tipping the scales at 240 pounds, a full 20 pounds over the team's target in training camp. We're told Williams has been limited to the slot because, at 240, he simply doesn't have the speed to line up outside.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#2 : December 13, 2006, 10:54:23 AM

240?

He should be playing TE now, isn't that what we were considering doing if we drafted him?

acacius

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 13, 2006, 10:55:05 AM

When I start to regret the team not having managed to resign Jones, I try to remember that Mike Williams was the most likely alternative to Caddy.  Egads, what a waste.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 13, 2006, 10:56:38 AM

When I start to regret the team not having managed to resign Jones, I try to remember that Mike Williams was the most likely alternative to Caddy.  Egads, what a waste.

I was on the Derrick Johnson bandwagon

acacius

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 13, 2006, 11:00:19 AM

When I start to regret the team not having managed to resign Jones, I try to remember that Mike Williams was the most likely alternative to Caddy.  Egads, what a waste.

Oh, I know.  I'm speaking strictly from the viewpoint of who I think the team would have likely gone with.  Not necessarily who I think they *should* have gone with, either now or then.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 13, 2006, 11:01:09 AM

He should be playing TE now, isn't that what we were considering doing if we drafted him?

IF they ever seriously considered drafting him. I have my doubts.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 13, 2006, 11:04:22 AM

When I start to regret the team not having managed to resign Jones, I try to remember that Mike Williams was the most likely alternative to Caddy. Egads, what a waste.

Oh, I know. I'm speaking strictly from the viewpoint of who I think the team would have likely gone with. Not necessarily who I think they *should* have gone with, either now or then.

I won't argue with that.  The pick wouldn't have surprised me, had we not needed a RB.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#8 : December 13, 2006, 11:05:29 AM

IF they ever seriously considered drafting him. I have my doubts.

I'm thinking MW was the back up plan if Caddy was gone.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 13, 2006, 11:06:51 AM

I'm thinking MW was the back up plan if Caddy was gone.

I'm not so sure, but we'll never know for certain.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 13, 2006, 11:07:44 AM

When I start to regret the team not having managed to resign Jones, I try to remember that Mike Williams was the most likely alternative to Caddy.  Egads, what a waste.

I was too.  How is he doing anyway?   I never hear about him.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 13, 2006, 11:19:53 AM

I was too.  How is he doing anyway?   I never hear about him.

He had a promising rookie season, and was off to a great start before missing half this season due to injury.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 13, 2006, 12:53:11 PM

240?

If the Lions cut him I think the Buccs would take a shot at converting him to TE.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 13, 2006, 01:31:39 PM

If the Lions cut him I think the Buccs would take a shot at converting him to TE.

Think about this, he's 240 lbs, not of lean muscle mass. He's fat. That says he's got a worth ethic problem and lack of strength I'm not sure that says must have on the pick him up front.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#14 : December 13, 2006, 04:06:01 PM

And what muscle he has appears to be slow-twitch.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ghosts of Drafts Past « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools