Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ok lets say Gruden is still here next year « previous next »
Page: 1 2

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

: December 13, 2006, 12:27:33 PM

Show progress.

What he has to do is have a gameplan laid out for the owners in the off season

Already done.

#1 : December 13, 2006, 12:11:31 PM

1. Offensive growth:

That should be easy to achieve.   >:(

That's the hilarious thing.  If we scored 50% more points, we'd still be mediocre. ~18 ppg.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 13, 2006, 11:53:26 AM

1. Offensive growth: You need to see substantive progress over where he's been. The problem is progress from this years pathetic offense just gets us back to the other terrible offenses he's helmed here so you have to go above and beyond that.

2. Development of youth. A lot of this will go towards #1. This organization has to look at day 1 picks like Caddy, Clayton, Joseph, Trueblood, Smith and see them justifying their selection. If these players continue to fail then it obviously calls into question his ability to properly evaluate and/or develop talent.

3. Win and Losses: Got to get back to 500. In the end, excuses are excuses and he's paid to get this team to win games.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 13, 2006, 12:01:58 PM

1. Offensive growth:

That should be easy to achieve.   >:(

#4 : December 13, 2006, 11:11:37 AM

What will he have to do to keep his job and possibly get aother year/extension after 2007?

Win a superbowl?
Win a playoff game?
Win the division?
8-8?
Show progress?

IMO I think we have to at min be a 8-8 team next year for hm to keep his job in 2008 and/or get a contact extension. This will show improvement and that we are "rebuilding"

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 13, 2006, 11:14:20 AM

Just show progress next year.   I think in 2009 he has us back in the playoffs.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#6 : December 13, 2006, 11:15:15 AM

You can just as easily be 7-9 and show improvement on this years lousy record.

What he has to do is have a gameplan laid out for the owners in the off season, including what FAs need to be targeted/aquired, what direction we then head in the draft (ie do we draft a Franchise QB), then he should make some coaching staff changes, finally improvement of some magnitude must be show during the course of next season especially within our own division.

#7 : December 13, 2006, 11:24:57 AM

I think he could right A LOT of ships if he came from behind the cover of "The Jon Gruden Show" closed to fans this season and have a open mic Jon Gruden show where we can call in and ask him questions directly. He can address people and I think the heat may dim a bit.

I think the fact that his show isnt open to fans so they can vent to his ears a bit he could talk to them man to man/woman. By him not allowing fans to call (show isnt live) he allows steam to boil.

If he was more open to the fans and they understood how frustrated he was I think they could relate a bit more.

#8 : December 13, 2006, 11:27:40 AM

Just show progress next year.   I think in 2009 he has us back in the playoffs.

Right.  We could be a "Good" 5-11 and have him keep his job.  A "Bad" 5-11 would not.  Right now, for instance, we're a "Bad" 3-10.  Which is pretty bad.  We don't even compete.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#9 : December 13, 2006, 12:31:03 PM

Show progress.

What he has to do is have a gameplan laid out for the owners in the off season

Already done.

So you're confirming that Gruden and Allen have already discussed how they might go about rebuilding the team with the Glazers? Do you have any details on how many years their plan might include? I know you have sources...

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 13, 2006, 12:33:49 PM

Well I am sure that there is a vision from Gruden and Allen on what it will take and where they want to be and what positions they feel they could address to get this thing back under control. Do I or any of us know exactly what it is, nope. I think Gruden is quite the salesman and can see him laying out a blueprint of what this team will look like or what they would like it to look like.

BTW when is that fab 5 coming out, I love reading that thing...?

Baghead #2

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 13, 2006, 12:34:05 PM

So you're confirming that Gruden and Allen have already discussed how they might go about rebuilding the team with the Glazers? Do you have any details on how many years their plan might include? I know you have sources...

Yes, it is my understanding that they have. In fact, quite some time ago, not just recently. The Glazer sons are apparently on board with the plan, and the 2007 offseason has been identified as the critical point in getting things turned around. No one expected them to be as bad as they have been this season, so next season will apparently be key in whether Gruden gets to stay for the last year of his contract (2008) or gets an extension or is let go in order to bring someone else in for 2008.

BucsAddict

Starter

#12 : December 13, 2006, 12:51:48 PM

A winning season + 1 playoff win

==================================================
Gruden: Simms is gonna be a helluva quaterback- unless I screw it up.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#13 : December 13, 2006, 01:16:04 PM

gruden can't take another sub-.500 season, and his young offensive draft picks in particular need to perform to bail him out...even though i think the defense will bounce back, i think it might get a bit of a pass, even if they reload with high draft picks and good FAs.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 13, 2006, 01:27:45 PM

gruden can't take another sub-.500 season, and his young offensive draft picks in particular need to perform to bail him out...even though i think the defense will bounce back, i think it might get a bit of a pass, even if they reload with high draft picks and good FAs.

why do you think this current defense will bounce back?

it is time to re-build...

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ok lets say Gruden is still here next year « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools