Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING NEWS: BUCS SIGN TE STEVENS, RELEASE QB GRADKOWSKI « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

JC510

Practice Squad

#30 : May 30, 2008, 09:06:39 PM

Agree, no way Gradz > Griese, and I'm not a big Griese fan. But, I do feel 20 times better if our season falls into his hands than I would if it were Gradz again.

If Griese is ever the QB, the season (specifically the ball) will fall into the hands of opposing defense.

r*d*s

Rookie

#31 : May 30, 2008, 09:09:56 PM

Are you people kidding? NOBODY here cares that they signed one of the biggest pieces of dung ever to defile our field? Stevens?? Total garbage and a sign that Gruden does have a very large say.  That totally pisses me off.  No one cares about his character and history?

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#32 : May 30, 2008, 09:12:21 PM

Good moves.  Stevens showed he could produce in this system last season, and Grads was on a slippery slope with 29 QBs ahead of him.

Dude, Gradkowski was your boy at one point.  What happened to the love?

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#33 : May 30, 2008, 09:13:42 PM

He was excellent when he had a running game. More deserving of a roster spot than Griese.

And oh yea, if they keep 4 TEs Graham is gone.

How do you figure that?

Football IQ

The Bucs are going to cut one of their RB's because they signed a 4th TE?

I think the Bucs had 4 TE's on the roster most of last season.

It makes no sense to me at all.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer

#34 : May 30, 2008, 09:14:51 PM

Are you people kidding? NOBODY here cares that they signed one of the biggest pieces of dung ever to defile our field? Stevens?? Total garbage and a sign that Gruden does have a very large say.  That totally pisses me off.  No one cares about his character and history?

you are wayyyyyyyyy to moral bro!

this is football... this is a sport where you try to knock the other guy out.. and stevens is one of the cheapest players in the league.

he may have the least morals in football... but on the other hand... your lucky to have guys like DB and RB and ryan nece.

i really dont know what im saying... of course its a big deal what happened back in the day.... but i just really dont care.....he won us a game!

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#35 : May 30, 2008, 09:15:04 PM

why would we care about that....we want to win football games?

If we were fans of the St. Mary's church, then yes, we'd want law abiding citizens....but if you ask me who do I want.....the nice TE with no talent or the drunk wife beating 2nd on the team in TDs TE...and I'll give his wife an ice pack....

You can call me cruel all you want...but in the history books, if they see a Buccaneer Super Bowl in 2008 season, nobody will say "but they did it with stevens"......and nobody will remember the Bucs if they all donate to charities and clean up hurricane katrina mess and then proceed to go 6-10..

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#36 : May 30, 2008, 09:19:43 PM

Good moves.  Stevens showed he could produce in this system last season, and Grads was on a slippery slope with 29 QBs ahead of him.

Dude, Gradkowski was your boy at one point.  What happened to the love?

The kid started well but regressed.  Its not where you start, its where you finish.

BTW - I remember someone else that was fairly high on Grads sat in Hooters with me watching the Giants game a couple of years ago.    ;)

#37 : May 30, 2008, 09:21:14 PM

Stevens is being given a chance to turn himself around.  Plenty of other guys have done it.  He's not getting any slack, if he slips up once it's over and he knows it.  He had a chance last year, and he worked it right, gave us no reason to drop him based on his behavior here.

#38 : May 30, 2008, 09:23:14 PM

Good moves.  Stevens showed he could produce in this system last season, and Grads was on a slippery slope with 29 QBs ahead of him.

Dude, Gradkowski was your boy at one point.  What happened to the love?

The kid started well but regressed.  Its not where you start, its where you finish.

BTW - I remember someone else that was fairly high on Grads sat in Hooters with me watching the Giants game a couple of years ago.    ;)

I was pretty high on the kid too.  THe one area he was weak proved to be fatal though.  He never improved on it.  If he ever gets that straightened out he'll be a good QB...in the NFL...we just don't have the luxury of working on it with him any longer.  I'm pretty sure the coaches looked at his deep ball before they cut him and it wasn't improved enough to warrant a spot...

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#39 : May 30, 2008, 09:25:10 PM

haha everyone gets fooled.  That is why I'm telling people not to get so excited about Luke McCown.  He only played in 4 games with us.

Simms fooled everyone, even myself who hated the kid all along.  He went 5-1 in our division in 05 and was able not to make us miss the playoffs.  He didnt have great numbers, but even Gruden felt confident enough to have him be the starter in 06, by letting Griese go and having no competition for Simms.

Then he fell flat on his face and dissapointed.  Gradkowski then stepped in and hada  9:4 TD/INT ratio for a while there.  We were losing games, but I said he has a good ratio.  Then he ended up with 9 TDs 11 INTs and it wasn't so good anymore.  But dont lie even when the dude was in pre-season people were all over his jock.

Now people are doing the same with McCown.  

JC510

Practice Squad

#40 : May 30, 2008, 09:25:28 PM

He was excellent when he had a running game. More deserving of a roster spot than Griese.

How do you figure that?

Football IQ

No, they didn't keep 4 TEs last year. If they do keep 4 this year, they sure as hell aren't keeping 4 RBs. They might not even keep 4 RBs even if they keep 3 TEs. Graham is on very thin ice.

r*d*s

Rookie

#41 : May 30, 2008, 09:31:37 PM

Are you people kidding? NOBODY here cares that they signed one of the biggest pieces of dung ever to defile our field? Stevens?? Total garbage and a sign that Gruden does have a very large say. That totally pisses me off. No one cares about his character and history?

you are wayyyyyyyyy to moral bro!

this is football... this is a sport where you try to knock the other guy out.. and stevens is one of the cheapest players in the league.

he may have the least morals in football... but on the other hand... your lucky to have guys like DB and RB and ryan nece.

i really dont know what im saying... of course its a big deal what happened back in the day.... but i just really dont care.....he won us a game!
Disgusting! You got Grudens morals? Anything for a win? I don't care I don't want that scum defiling RJS!

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#42 : May 30, 2008, 09:39:39 PM

BTW - I remember someone else that was fairly high on Grads sat in Hooters with me watching the Giants game a couple of years ago. ;)

LOL!   I enjoyed that day at Hooters.   I always support whoever starts for the Bucs.   However, I was never high on Grads.   I haven't been really high on a guy since Dilfer.   

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#43 : May 30, 2008, 09:55:26 PM

How do you figure that?

Football IQ

No, they didn't keep 4 TEs last year. If they do keep 4 this year, they sure as hell aren't keeping 4 RBs. They might not even keep 4 RBs even if they keep 3 TEs. Graham is on very thin ice.

Smith, Stevens, Becht and Heinrich.

Also....where are you getting 4 RB's from? Graham, Bennett and Dunn will be the RB's with Carnell on PUP and eventually IR.

I think you're a bit out there with the Graham stuff.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#44 : May 30, 2008, 10:16:43 PM

It sounds like Grads may have asked for his release and Bruce did the right thing and gave it to him.

Wonder why they don't do the same for Simms

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING NEWS: BUCS SIGN TE STEVENS, RELEASE QB GRADKOWSKI « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools