Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Adrian Peterson and Us « previous next »
Page: 1 2

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
« : December 13, 2006, 01:43:04 PM »

By no means do I think we should draft him, and I can't see any scenario in which we will, but if this guy tears up the combine he could affect our draft for sure.  He's kind of been forgotten about since he went down, at least forgotten in regards to how highly he was considerred before.  Say he comes out and runs a 4.4 like they say he can, and he adds a little muscle, he could be right back in the mix for a top 3 pick.  I think this could help us if we were to want to trade down.  A team like Cleveland would have a high enough pick and a big enough need for Peterson to try and make a move.  We should all be rooting for this kid come combine time.

NativeOfTheBay

Second String

« #1 : December 13, 2006, 01:45:51 PM »

I wish him the best of luck in his future in the NFL. I just don't think it will be a future in Tampa.

magicfan39126

Pro Bowler

« #2 : December 13, 2006, 01:49:43 PM »

I don't think he's a great prospect. He runs standing straight-up, and hes 6'3''. Huge target.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
« #3 : December 13, 2006, 01:51:21 PM »

I don't think he's a great prospect. He runs standing straight-up, and hes 6'3''. Huge target.

They said the same thing about Eddie George, and Peterson's a lot faster than George was.  He gets low when he needs to.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

« #4 : December 13, 2006, 02:04:25 PM »

I think he is a great prospect. A team like the Packers would probably like him.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #5 : December 13, 2006, 02:06:41 PM »

With Kevin Jones potentially being out for a significant time in 2007, I wonder if there is a chance the Lions try to trade down to try to draft a back.  Although I think if Martz sticks around he would lobby for Lynch over Peterson.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

« #6 : December 13, 2006, 02:08:32 PM »

I think the bucs should get another RB, but of course not that high

Brian Leonard anyone?

« #7 : December 13, 2006, 02:56:52 PM »

They said the same thing about Eddie George, and Peterson's a lot faster than George was.  He gets low when he needs to.

And Eric **CENSORED**erson.

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

« #8 : December 13, 2006, 03:21:43 PM »

I think he will be a Raider. Al Davis will see his speed and have flashbacks of Bo Jackson.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

« #9 : December 13, 2006, 03:23:25 PM »

I wish him the best of luck in his future in the NFL. I just don't think it will be a future in Tampa.

lol...did you read his post?

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

« #10 : December 13, 2006, 03:33:07 PM »

If Peterson manages to get himself placed in the top 3 of alot of team's boards, that could bode really well for the Bucs. Heck, if Oakland takes him, the Bucs get themselves a choice of Russell(if he declares), CJ, Adams, and J. Thomas. This is all contingent on Peterson doing what Ronnie Brown did two years ago though.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

« #11 : December 14, 2006, 12:35:58 AM »

Right now how we have played Ill take anyone that can help us win... and if thats AD I'd do it.

Badabingnrt

Starter

« #12 : December 14, 2006, 01:22:46 AM »

Cadillac Williams.  He is the real deal.

I dont think anyone would be great when u dont have a passing attack and teams stack the line.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

« #13 : December 14, 2006, 01:27:35 AM »

Cadillac Williams. He is the real deal.

I dont think anyone would be great when u dont have a passing attack and teams stack the line.

but you cant be great if you continue to put the ball on the ground

Badabingnrt

Starter

« #14 : December 14, 2006, 01:32:30 AM »

I understand what your saying....but if im not mistaken....Ahman Green and Tiki Barber used to fumble a lot...and they turned out to be pro bowl running backs.

Also I'm not ready to label Cadillac a fumbler.....if he fumbles again within the next 3 games...then I think he definetly needs to work on that.  I'm just saying how dumb would this franchise be to draft a replacement at RB when they just did it 2 seasons ago in the first round after the guy won rookie of the year AND had a HOF performance in his first 3 weeks.

I am on the Calvin Johnson bangwagon....but it's different in retrospect to Clayton.  I dont think Clayton is the answer as a #1 guy, but think he would be a good #2 guy with CJ starting and Stovall in the slot.

It's different with WRs seeing that 2/3 of them are on the field most of the time, where you have just 1 featured back.

Let's not talk ridicilous here and give up on Cadillac. 
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Adrian Peterson and Us « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools