Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Adrian Peterson and Us « previous next »
Page: 1 2

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 14, 2006, 01:50:29 AM

I understand what your saying....but if im not mistaken....Ahman Green and Tiki Barber used to fumble a lot...and they turned out to be pro bowl running backs.

Also I'm not ready to label Cadillac a fumbler.....if he fumbles again within the next 3 games...then I think he definetly needs to work on that. I'm just saying how dumb would this franchise be to draft a replacement at RB when they just did it 2 seasons ago in the first round after the guy won rookie of the year AND had a HOF performance in his first 3 weeks.

I am on the Calvin Johnson bangwagon....but it's different in retrospect to Clayton. I dont think Clayton is the answer as a #1 guy, but think he would be a good #2 guy with CJ starting and Stovall in the slot.

It's different with WRs seeing that 2/3 of them are on the field most of the time, where you have just 1 featured back.

Let's not talk ridicilous here and give up on Cadillac.

Im not giving up on Caddy but if they think AD can win us games bring him here.

Badabingnrt

Starter

#16 : December 14, 2006, 02:43:55 AM

i see....i just dont understand how Peterson would win us games when we already have Cadillac.  We have the premier featured back.  Its obvious that we need to add a QB, another WR, and upgrade the LT position.

The defense needs some rebuilding as well.  I actually think Cadillac is one of our strengths so I dont understand adding him.  I also doubt that AP would win us games if Cadillac can't do it without an online or passing threat.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 14, 2006, 02:46:51 AM

2 RB works in Nawlins, Chicago, Dallas... if they think hes the BAP take him. We have 3 wins... I just wanna win

Badabingnrt

Starter

#18 : December 14, 2006, 02:56:57 AM

the reason they work is because of a good offensive line.

I'm telling you it wont happen and that I would be upset.  The reason nawlins did it was because McAllister injury issues and that Bush was supposidly the best thing since slice bread and they wanted to give the fans something to cheer about.

The Bucs need to either draft Brady Quinn, Calvin Johnson, or Joe Thomas with that pick.  Any body else and I would be upset.  I wouldn't mind defense, but I honestly dont see anybody worth a top 3-4 pick.  Much rather address them in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

#19 : December 14, 2006, 08:15:06 AM

but you cant be great if you continue to put the ball on the ground

and continue to catch the ball like you're wearing boxing gloves.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 14, 2006, 08:18:10 AM

If Peterson were not injury prone (as some people have already labebled him) I would be with the BAP crowd.

But with that said I do not see Peterson being the BAP considering how high the Bucs will picking.  Look for Joe Thomas/Gaines Adams/CJ as the best available players.

As for Carnell I am not that down on him as some people are. 

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 14, 2006, 08:42:08 AM

2 RB works in Nawlins, Chicago, Dallas... if they think hes the BAP take him. We have 3 wins... I just wanna win

No, you are confused, 1 RB and 3 WR's work in NOLA becuase Reggie doesn't run the ball all that much. Thing is Peterson is gonna come out with the same not well developed skills catching as Caddy does. What he does well is big back you to death and he is definately a back that gets better as the game goes along. It'd likely be frightening the difference in his first half vs. second half totals based on the mountain of his games I've seen. He's the kind of back that you want to feed the ball to over and over and over again.

BAP is a nice theory but his grade might be a 94 and the next BAP might be a 93 and if that 93 is Adams or Thomas (I thin they are both graded higher but let's just say for argument) whihc of those is really the smarter selection?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Adrian Peterson and Us « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools