Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gay Marriage, at least WISCONSIN got it RIGHT! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 30

TURBO

Hall of Famer

: May 31, 2008, 09:02:25 PM

http://www.postcrescent.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080531/APC0101/805310426/1979

I'm glad that Wisconsin is able to make the right decisions when needed!

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#1 : May 31, 2008, 09:29:08 PM

Yes, Wisonsin has a very good track record when it comes to doing the right thing on procedural rulings!  :D

Niess noted his ruling did not address whether the amendment was good public policy or whether it violated the U.S. Constitution's equal protection clause. He said the case only involved a "limited, and purely procedural challenge to the marriage amendment."

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#2 : May 31, 2008, 09:54:28 PM

Some other important past/current laws from in Wisconsin...

http://www.dumblaws.com/laws/united-states/wisconsin

At one time, margarine was illegal.

State Law made it illegal to serve apple pie in public restaurants without cheese.

The state definition of rape stated that it was a man having sex with a woman he knows not to be his wife.

While all cheese making requires a license, Limburger cheese making requires a master cheese maker's license.

It is illegal to kiss on a train.

It is illegal to cut a woman's hair.

Margarine may not be substituted for butter in restaurants unless it is requested by the customer.

#3 : May 31, 2008, 10:22:35 PM

State Law made it illegal to serve apple pie in public restaurants without cheese.

The state definition of rape stated that it was a man having sex with a woman he knows not to be his wife.

While all cheese making requires a license, Limburger cheese making requires a master cheese maker�s license.

It is illegal to cut a woman�s hair.

Margarine may not be substituted for butter in restaurants unless it is requested by the customer.

First of all, those margarine laws aren't dumb. 
Re the rape law, all the guys in wisconsin are white, so they all look alike, a poor woman would never know the difference (until it's too late)
Considering how bad Limberger cheese smells when made properly, I can see the need for that one.
The other one didn't specify what hair

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#4 : May 31, 2008, 10:25:49 PM

While all cheese making requires a license, Limburger cheese making requires a master cheese maker�s license.

LOL at your pathetic attempt to make Wisconsin look stupid, you can find the same type of laws in every state joe, your motives are transparant. 

Wisconsin got the gay marriage issue right, and you don't like it....  TOO FREAKING BAD!

I am proud to be a Wisconsinite!

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#5 : May 31, 2008, 10:43:15 PM

oregon got it right in 2004 and Portland has a gay mayor.

California didnt listen to the voters cause they know they would be against gay marriage instead use the wacko actvist judges. Typical if you dont like what the people say go to the far left judges.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#6 : May 31, 2008, 10:51:06 PM

LOL at your pathetic attempt to make Wisconsin look stupid, you can find the same type of laws in every state joe, your motives are transparant. 

Wisconsin got the gay marriage issue right, and you don't like it....  TOO FREAKING BAD!

I am proud to be a Wisconsinite!

Other states have stupid laws too? Holy crap! I did not know that!

Lighten up.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#7 : May 31, 2008, 10:53:48 PM

Why shouldn't certain people have certain rights?

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#8 : May 31, 2008, 11:01:59 PM

Because if same sex couples are allowed to marry, the next thing we'll see is somebody like
Turbo trying to marry a piece of cheese cut into the shape of Gene Simmons.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#9 : May 31, 2008, 11:09:35 PM

Because if same sex couples are allowed to marry, the next thing we'll see is somebody like
Turbo trying to marry a piece of cheese cut into the shape of Gene Simmons.

nah, maybe Jennifer Aniston though...

;)

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#10 : May 31, 2008, 11:13:16 PM

I'm not gay, so this doesn't really effect me either way. Honestly, I don't believe there should be bans on gay marriage - if two people love each other they should have the right to suffer in matrimony.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#11 : May 31, 2008, 11:22:23 PM

Why should it be banned? Because the Bible says so? If so this country has issues

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#12 : May 31, 2008, 11:31:38 PM

I still consider Wisconsin to be the USA.   I've long considered California to be it's own gay country.

#13 : May 31, 2008, 11:48:14 PM

I'm not gay, so this doesn't really effect me either way. Honestly, I don't believe there should be bans on gay marriage - if two people love each other they should have the right to suffer in matrimony.

so, if, as the gay activists claim, 10% of people are born gay... and they all go through such DRAMA (omigod) growing up with parents who don't (cue emo music) "get them"...we should let them have kids...so the 90% of the kids who are hetero will have to go through that same DRAMA (omigod)...sounds like a smart plan....

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#14 : June 01, 2008, 04:03:43 PM

Joe what else is there? If its not about "Civil Rights" it has to be about what happens behind the "Bedroom door". If you eliminate the bedroom from being homosexual then all you have is two human beings that is same gender with no preference of a sexual nature or advances towards each other sexually and then this thread is over.

You must really hate conventional wisdom...OBD

What else is there? Is your relationship with your wife about anything else but sex and what goes on
behind your bedroom door?

Actually Joe this is about you pushing homosexual behavior into Civil Rights and how that their behavior should be protected by the United States Constitution. Let me refresh for you again Joe because you are trying to derail good outstanding points in both threads (like always). Homosexuality is a "individual act" not a "civil right". Civil Rights are worth fighting for and preventing others to deprive equal protection under. Individual acts is base upon individual choices good and bad...OBD

Page: 1 2 3 ... 30
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gay Marriage, at least WISCONSIN got it RIGHT! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools